“Very special”

Saffron Gold
Ranked #39 of 140 Restaurants in Warwick
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Only Indian Restaurant to be listed in the Michelin Guide in Warwick, serving Warwick and the tourist who visit the historic town. Saffron Gold Restaurant is located in the heart of Warwick next to Marks & Spencer's and Boots with a large car park and disable parking right outside the restaurant.The restaurant is close to the Famouse Warwick Castle and the Warwick Race course.
Reviewed August 4, 2013

They collected and returned us to our hotel.
The service was excellent and the food out of this world. I had the largest prawns I have ever seen in my life!
Five of us ate for £115 which was fantastic value

1  Thank Freda G
There are newer reviews for Saffron Gold

Reviewed August 3, 2013

the service was excellent as well as the food, which was very tasty. That much so we took away what we could'nt eat and had it the next day.
Great value for money and will certainly return on our next stay in warwick

1  Thank nicola r
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I am really glad to see 6 poor reviews where people say that they wont return, they just seem to be promoting other restaurants.
I visit with either my wife or customers once a fortnight, and a family takeaway once afortnight and can honestly say that we have never ever been disappointed. The food is excellent, not the cheapest but the best.

1  Thank GRAHAM S
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Having moved back to warwick i took my family to grab a takeaway. The service was wonderful and i told the waiter what we usually had from another place and he wrote down an order to suit. He offered a side order size of pasanda for my little boy...perfect. anyway got home...opened pots. My husbands was good. My 5 year old sons was tasty bit sweet but tasty with random whole nuts ontop...dont think the chef thought as much as the waiter did! Then my most foul food .... so sweet it made me sick and so salty it made me sick.. . Very weird and wrong ... few mouthfuls and my senses were done in! Disgusting.... i even had to use my husbands chilli to get rid of the taste. Tikka massala was basically coconut and salt. I couldnt taste any spices. Yuk.

1  Thank Misstigs
Saffronwarwick, Owner at Saffron Gold, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you for your review.

Having read your comments I only wish you called us or brought the food back to the restaurant we would have refunded you the whole amount and compensated for your dissatisfaction and inconvenience.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have been going to the Saffron for over 15 years. Never had a bad meal once, the service is excellent and the beer great! Of course it would be better with a sea view, but think that's hard from Warwick! At least parking easy and general ambience very good. Be back very soon.......

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Saffronwarwick, Public Relations Manager at Saffron Gold, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for your recent visit at Saffron Gold Restaurant,

We very pleased to read our review and aim to continue to provide high standard food and service.