“Too many steps!”

$118.91*
Stratford, The Cotswolds, Oxford and Warwick Castle Tour from London
Ranked #2 of 48 things to do in Warwick
More attraction details
Owner description: Imagine a totally electrifying day out at Britain’s ultimate castle. Where you can immerse yourself in a thousand years of jaw-dropping history – come rain or shine.Where ancient myths and spell-binding tales set your imagination alight, and your hair on end. Where princesses are pampered and maidens are wooed, as winners become true heroes and losers are confined to dark, dank dungeons to be forgotten for eternity. It could only be Warwick Castle.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Too many steps!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We loved the history, the pageantry, the shows, the birds (wow) but were not really warned of the limitations for the disabled. I'm not talking of the wheelchairbound but those in the next category, ie our son who is just out of a chair but found the day exhausting - and yes, I had looked at your website beforehand and even counted the steps but it didn't work out for us. Don't get me wrong, it was my fourth visit as the castle is dear to my heart but it was the first time thru a diabled person's eyes (and he's seventeen so a bit heavy at times,) much love xx

Visited August 2012

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good day out.”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Its best to go during school holidays as they put plenty on for the kids such as jousting, games, falconery, sheild making, face painting and much more. The kids loved the jousting. There are two towers to look at especially designed for younger children. A princess tower and a Merlin tower, but you do have to pay extra for these. They also have the dugens which ive not been in but have been told it is very good. Only down fall is all the extra costs. You can walk up the very steep and long stairs to the top of the towers with great views. When you are walking around the castle you get to see how it use to be many years ago with much to learn. There are plenty of information boards explaining each room. All the staff are helpful and many are dressed up and stay in theme, Great fun enjoyed our day out here and we will be visiting again as I have heard they have opened new rooms in the castle. Happy days !!!

Visited August 2012
Reading, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“"Unbelievably expensive"”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I am not sure I am entitled to review this place as I didn't actally visit it. We were travling south from the Midlands and had a few spare hours before lunch so we decided to visit Warwick Castle. There were two adults and two senior citizens in our party. I was thinking it might have been about £40 for all of us to get in. It was infact £80! unless we wanted to visit the Tower and Dungeon in which case it was £107!!. This must be the biggest rip off in this country. I was thinking of reporting to the Police as a case of attempted robbery. Needless to say we didn't visit.

3 Thank Sandra D
Sidcup
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Good day out - would have been lovely in the sunshine! I would recommend parking off site.”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We enjoyed our trip to Warwick Castle, but it was a shame that it rained most of the day. The staff were really good at carrying on regardless and the launch of the flaming Trebuchet at 4.30pm was fantastic (even in the rain!). The whole attraction was really well presented, and they have clearly made a real effort in bringing history to life. Good for all ages.

We didn't go into the dungeon as have done something similar in London, but we did go to see the Merlin attraction. Were a bit disappointed that it was only 2 rooms though! They were both good, but I was hoping for a bit more... We particularly enjoyed the castle rooms, and the Kingmaker exhibition.

Top tip: we came off the M40 (coming from the south) at jn 13, rather than follow the signs at j15. This meant that we came past (and used) a pay and display car park (St Nicholas' car park, near the leisure centre) that was both nearer (I think) and cheaper than the main castle car park, so look out for that if you don't want to pay through the nose for car parking!

1 Thank Squrrel13
London
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great for kids but drain on the finances!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Took my boys aged 4 and 7 to give them a general introduction to castles and it served this purpose extremely well. I agree it has been rather taken over by Merlin and made into an 'attraction' with cheesy music in the courtyard and only basic information to read about what you see. But... it has been geared for families and to be honest think my boys enjoyed it all the more for all the themed areas e.g. dragon tower, princess area etc. The shows were very good and all staff incredibly enthusiastic and polite despite heavy rain when we went. We did end up spending a fortune what with guide book, lunch, extra charges for certain areas, theme park style photo and souvenirs, but we didn't have to buy these - they are just very good at persuading you to!! We did think the shops a bit poor - wanted to buy my boys some toy knights and maybe a castle too but no such things on offer. Would recommend for families with under tens but if you are adults and want something more fulfilling then consider elsewhere.