“nice hotel.clean and tidy.”

Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Warwick
Oxford, United Kingdom
“nice hotel.clean and tidy.”
Reviewed June 28, 2010

good location for the town and castle,about a 30 minute walk or 5 minute drive.hotel was clean and tidy.restaurant choice was ok.set menu for 3 courses if you wanted for £19.50.reasonable choice of dishes and the food was plentiful and tasty.the main menu however was pricey so avoided that.£22.50 for a steak was too much.the bar area was pleasant and roomy.drinks typical hotel prices,not excessive.the only problem we had was the restaurant calling us at 10-15 at night to say we had left without paying for our drinks when we had signed for them to be charged to our room.very rude lady from the restaurant so i complained to the management about this.they were very apologetic and helpful so i was satisfied with the gesture of a couple of free drinks for us.would go back with no hesitation.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
HiltonWarwick, General Manager at Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this review, July 11, 2010
Dear Davenzoe,

Thank-you for your loyalty following your recent stay.

I was very pleased to read your comments and noted the high ratings given across all areas especially that of "Value".

You mentioned that some items on the menu were expensive. I must highlight that we operate an Ala carte and Table d hote menu's which are aimed at all budgets and all occasions. In addition there is lounge menu featuring comfort foods as well as a 24hr Room Service Menu to ensuire that our guests have the choice and options associated with a Hilton hotel.

I was sorry to read there was a misunderstanding over the payment of some drinks, however I was very pleased to note that we immediately recognised this, apologised and offered a gesture for the inconvenience.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Suffolk
Reviewed June 17, 2010

This was a very poor standard of hotel for a Hilton. The room I was allocated was basic and had an awful smell which the staff failed to address. The bathroom was so unpleasant to be in - it smelt of foul drains. The restaurant choice was very poor and the staff surly. Very, very disappointed and would never go back again - left early.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
HiltonWarwick, General Manager at Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this review, June 24, 2010
Dear AnnesleySuffolk.

I was most concerned to read your comments following your recent stay given the fact that the hotel has been completely refurbished during the last two years. In addition, I was most surprised that you felt our menu choice was restricted on the basis that we have an extensive TDH, Ala Carte & Lounge menu supplemented further by a 24hr Room Service Menu.

I have tried to contact you direct to discuss the matter further without any success. If you would like to address these concerns further please contact me direct as guest feedback is taken seriously so as to continually improve our facilities and services.
Manchester
Reviewed June 14, 2010

Stayed for one night at the Hilton Warwick. Most impressed. Always been quite snobby re chain hotels and viewed Hilton since it's acquisition by Whitbread as an upmarket Premier Inn. Pleased to say I was wrong. Very clean, welcoming and a well appointed standard room for the rate. Excellent little leisure club - everywhere was spotless and a credit to the housekeeping team. Would return without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
HiltonWarwick, General Manager at Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this review, June 23, 2010
Dear Dieter5

Many thanks for your feedback. I was delighted to read that we exceeded your expectations during your stay which was to celebrate your birthday.
I have passed on your comments onto my team as well as Heidi who was very pleased.
Thank-you for recommending us and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2010

Booked 2 twin rooms as no family rooms available. Room size is adequate for 2 people and look as if they have been recently upgraded. Good quality furniture and beds very comfortable. Bathroom compact with a good shower. Room and bathroom cleaned and presented to a very high standard. Breakfast was very good with a good choice that should cater far all tastes. Leisure facilities are OK but changing rooms are rather small, pool OK but tiles and grout at the waterline could do with a better clean. All the staff from check in to check out were excellent, helpful and friendly and I would certainly use this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Dear Gad60,

I was delighted to read you comments following your recent stay and was pleased that you found my team friendly and helpful as well as bedrooms to be of a high standard all of which have been refurbished during the last two years.
Thank-you for recommeding us and I look forward to the opprtunity of welcoming you back to the hotel.
oxfordshire
Reviewed May 31, 2010

we stayed at the hilton for one night after spending the day at warwick castle, the hotel is only 1 mile from the castle which is great after a long days walking around. The hotel receptionist was very helpfull and Friendly. Our room (225) was very clean and a good size, it was also my birthday and we had a balloon and some free chocolates put into the room which i thought was a nice touch, thankyou very much to the manager and heidi (chambermaid). We did eat in the resturant in the evening we went for the 3 course buffett menu which was really nice, all i will say is £7.75 for a large glass of wine is a little bit to expensive but guess it is a hilton and you will pay extra. Breakfast was good to food was hot and fresh, everywhere was clean. we would stay in this hotel again as we has no complaints.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
HiltonWarwick, General Manager at Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this review, June 3, 2010
Dear "thehills01"

Many thanks for your feedback. I was pleased to read that you had a GREAT Birthday and enjoyed the special touches we placed in your room ready for your arrival.
I have passed on your comments both to Heidi and the Food & Beverage team. Thank-you for recommending the hotel, I look forward to welcoming you back.
UK
Reviewed May 23, 2010

My wife and I were visiting Warwick Castle and decided to stay at the Warwick Hilton for a night as it was relatively close by. On arrival we were warmly welcomed by the staff who were very friendly and efficient. We were booked into a standard room - not the biggest but ok for one or two nights. Our room was at the back of the hotel so well away from the major roads which was a bonus. The bedroom was ok although some of the bedding smelled a bit strange. The duvet was good quality although a little too dense for summer. However, the bathroom was a bit of a shock. The bath sealant (which looked like it had been done by an amateur) had black mould on it and a lot of the grouting around the tiles was dirty brown. In addition, there was water leaking from the bath overflow. We were pretty unimpressed by this especially as the hotel is listed as a 4-star.
For breakfast we decided to be lazy and order room service. This arrived on time and was superbly presented. The cooked breakfast was piping hot which was good. The toast, cereal and fruit salad portions were of good sizes.
We had ordered a newspaper but for some reason this wasn't left outside the door; unless of course we should have collected it from reception (which doesn't seem usual).
To summarise - the staff, service and food were excellent. However, the cleanliness was a major letdown and is the main reason why we wouldn't recommend this to a friend.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
HiltonWarwick, General Manager at Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this review, May 26, 2010
Dear GlobalTraveller2828

Many thanks for taking the time to advise me of your comments following your recent stay. I was also pleased we were able to correspond in more detail via e-mail.
Whilst I was dissapointed to learn of the bathroom issues, I was pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay and found the team, service and food excellent. I am also pleased to report that the bathroom in question has been taken out of service from Thursday 27th May for replacement sealant and grouting.
I do hope that I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon in the future.
Huddersfield UK
Reviewed May 19, 2010

I wrote a review a few weeks ago stating that myself & my wife very much enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Warwick, however that we were not impressed with the "extortionate cost of breakfast". The feedback from the hotel management advised us that if we were to stay again at the hotel, then to book a "breakfast inclusive rate" on our next visit. Well, I took the General Manager's advise for a weekend stay last weekend & I'm pleased to stay that this indeed work out to be a very good value option & we were both extremley impressed with the quality/quantity of the food on offer, as well as exceptional service by the staff in the restaurant. A good hearty breakfast set us up for the day on both of the morning's of the stay & once again, we were very impressed with the hotel/stafff etc all thorughout our weekend for their service. We will definately use the Hilton Warwick for our many visit's to Warwickshire moving forward & my advice to all, is to pre book the Breakfast Inclusive rate for your stay as it is very good value for a high quality breakfast. Thanks for the advise General Manager!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
johilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
Dear GaryJo

Thank you for your update to trip advisor and thank you for your feedback following your recent stay, it is very much appreciated. I was most pleased to read your comments and delighted to learn that you will both recommend and return to the hotel in the future. My team I and look forward to welcoming you back.