“Not so extortionate after all.........”

Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Warwick
Huddersfield UK
“Not so extortionate after all.........”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2010

I wrote a review a few weeks ago stating that myself & my wife very much enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Warwick, however that we were not impressed with the "extortionate cost of breakfast". The feedback from the hotel management advised us that if we were to stay again at the hotel, then to book a "breakfast inclusive rate" on our next visit. Well, I took the General Manager's advise for a weekend stay last weekend & I'm pleased to stay that this indeed work out to be a very good value option & we were both extremley impressed with the quality/quantity of the food on offer, as well as exceptional service by the staff in the restaurant. A good hearty breakfast set us up for the day on both of the morning's of the stay & once again, we were very impressed with the hotel/stafff etc all thorughout our weekend for their service. We will definately use the Hilton Warwick for our many visit's to Warwickshire moving forward & my advice to all, is to pre book the Breakfast Inclusive rate for your stay as it is very good value for a high quality breakfast. Thanks for the advise General Manager!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
johilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
Dear GaryJo

Thank you for your update to trip advisor and thank you for your feedback following your recent stay, it is very much appreciated. I was most pleased to read your comments and delighted to learn that you will both recommend and return to the hotel in the future. My team I and look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Portsmouth, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2010

We stayed at the Hilton Warwick for 2 nights when visiting a family member in Leamington Spa. The hotel was very cheap and the rooms were ok for a couple of nights. On the plus side, there was an excellent choice at the breakfast buffet, including a waffle maker! Beware, the taxis from the hotel into Warwick and Leamington are pricey.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
HiltonWarwick, General Manager at Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this review, May 10, 2010
Dear HannahGotobed,

Thank-you for your feedback following your recent stay.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our Hilton Breakfast and found our location convenient. Given your positive feedback in terms of service and value, I was surprised that you wouldn't recommend to a friend.

I hope you will consider staying with us again when you return to the area.
SURREY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights. The room flat is nice and clean. A big flat screen tv and the bed is big and comfortable. The spa and gym area is very nice and clean...the area and pool could be sligthly bigger.
The staff are very helpfull and friendly. I fell sick the last night and could not get up. The let us check out later and gave us free drinks.
There is a nice restaurant in the hotel but next ne to the Hotel there is a lovely carvery...very good price and the food is delicicous!!!
The hotell is close to Warwick castle - LOVELY PLACE must see! You can walk there in about 20 minutes but a cab took 5 mins and cost about £6.
I would be happy to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
HiltonWarwick, General Manager at Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this review, May 6, 2010
Dear KIKKIO,

Thank-you for your feedback following your recent stay, it is very much appreciated. I was most pleased to read your comments and delighted to learn that you will both recommend and return to the hotel in the future. My team I and look forward to welcoming you back.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2010

Have just returned from a two night stay at the Warwick Hilton.

We found the hotel was fine, not the best Hilton ever but by far not the worst.

Check in was fast and the reception staff were friendly.

We stayed in a standard room as had booked a last minute deal. The room was small but clean. We didn't have any problem with the cleaning staff coming early in the morning as we used the "Do Not Disturb" card! The bathroom was small but again it was clean.

The breakfast was great, plenty to choose from and the waiting staff were very friendly and professional.

If I was to visit Warwick again I would stay at the Hilton.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
HiltonWarwick, General Manager at Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this review, May 3, 2010
Dear Phunkychick,

Thank-you for your feedback following your recent stay. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the service from my team was both friendly and professional. I was equally pleased to read that you will with us again when you are next in the area.
Preston, Lancashire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2010

Stayed here on an overnight stay. Convenient location around 5 minutes drive from the centre. Welcoming reception.

Room appears to have been recently refurbished. Decent sized with very comfortable bed , flat screen TV although internet is an additional cost. Bathroom has shower over bath and there is the usual Hilton quality toiletries.

Overall, certainly one of the better Hilton hotels we have stayed in but they really need to look at the breakfast cost. £37 for full English for two is prohibitive and therefore we didn't eat in.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
HiltonWarwick, General Manager at Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this review, April 30, 2010
Thank-you for your valued feedback it is very much appreciated.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and will recommend the hotel

The standard charge for Full English Breakfast for those on a room only rate is £18.50 per person. I would recommend purchasing one of our breakfast inclusive rates on your next vist.
south coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2010

A well placed hotel to get to all the local attactions. Our room was clean and comfortable. The staff were all friendly and willing to help. I enjoyed the relaxed atomsphere of the hotel. I did not get to sample a main meal, but all the bar meals were excellent. I loved the lounge and if we could we would have loved to take the sofa home with us it was so comfy.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
HiltonWarwick, Manager at Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this review, April 29, 2010
Thank-you for your feedback

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2010

We stayed one night after going to the theatre in Stratford. The hotel is ideally placed being only 30 minutes from curtain down to bed! It is a 5 minute drive from the centre of Warwick, but less than a minute from M40/A46 junction. Very welcoming staff, and all staff greeted us cheerfully throughout stay. Room spotless and certainly large by London Hilton standards! Breakfast huge, with fresh supplies all the time, and efficient waiting staff. Only complaint is the £3 parking fee per day for residents, come on Hilton, that is just mean.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
HiltonWarwick, Manager at Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this review, April 28, 2010
Thank-you for your feedback, I am pleased that enoyed your stay with us.

Car parking charges were introduced because of the spiralling costs of operating, maintaining and securing the car park and surrounds of the hotel. Since being implemented in March 2005 at the Hilton Warwick we have achieved a virtually crime free area and is therefore proving to be a major deterrent, a situation many of competitors would like to be in.