“Short stay at the Hilton Warwick”

Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights, good location for the area easy to get to right by the M40 junction 15. We were booked in to room 235 but found an air condition unit outside near room noisey so i reported it to reception and they moved us to room 224 which was really quiet. Food was really good plenty of choice for breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pompeypete1
johilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Pompeypete1

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to note that you found the location ideal for your journeys and that you particularly enjoyed our breakfast service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Warwick in the future.

Kind regards

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,623)

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Hotel policy seems to be to encourage customers to bring as many kids as possible to ruin other guests' stays at this establishment. Was kept awake my other people's brats running along corridors at 1130pm. Woken early by more uncontrolled brats in adjacent room and room above.
Breakfast much the same - restaurant like a play area. We are not anti-children, only anti-brats. I have a large number of grandchildren, but would certainly not let them behave in such a way. Why are they regarded as mini-gods by most modern-day parents?
On the positive side the breakfast served was first class and the pool was OK.
I would recommend staying Sunday to Thursday only, unless you enjoy tripping over kids.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car in the car park Friday & Saturday evenings - only £3 per night!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
johilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Brownie19

Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor but I am disappointed with the comments therein.

During your stay here, it was indeed school holidays which is when we do have a more mixed type of guest which includes families. I understand you being unhappy with the noise that occurred in the bedroom corridors and adjacent rooms. Our Duty Managers are here to help our guests with any issues that arise including any unnecessary noise.

I do hope to welcome you back to Hilton Warwick in the future.

Guest Relations

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here for one night using the hotel as a base to explore Stratford and the Cotswolds.
We opted for the most basic room which turned out to be very comfortable and well worth the money.
Pool and gym were small but functional and enjoyed the steam room after a three hour drive.
Breakfast in the morning was excellent.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear JustWantValue10

Thank you for taking the time to write your response here on Trip Advisor and I am delighted to note the comments therein.

I note that you particularly enjoyed our breakfast which is one of the things Hilton scores highly in on guest reviews.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Warwick in the future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was our second visit to this hotel, It has a great location and I suspect it is the perfect business hotel. Always think it is very mean to charge for overnight parking - if it was added to the cost of the accomodation I wouldn't really mind. The room was adequate and clean and the staff very pleasant.

Room Tip: Great location, clean and friendly
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear TWLR

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and am pleased you found the location ideal.

For clarification, car parking charges were introduced because of the spiralling costs of operating, maintaining and securing the car park and surrounds of the hotel. Since being implemented in March 2005 at the Hilton Warwick we have achieved a virtually crime free area and is therefore proving to be a major deterrent, a situation many of our competitors would like to be in.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Warwick in the future,

Reviewed April 8, 2013

It was a weekend away for my Husband and I and we were delighted with The Hilton, Warwick. Check in was smooth and staff were friendly. Our room was very nice (fairly basic but served a purpose). The location of the hotel was fantastic. We had never been to Warwick before so we were pleased to find that the hotel was located directly off the motorway. I used the gym, which was adequate but I couldn't get on much of the equipment as it was fairly busy. The pool was o.k but again it was busy and we couldn't get in- so we opted for the sauna instead. We paid extra for breakfast in the morning. The selection of food on offer at the buffet was varied and there was plenty of it but I did think £11pp for breakfast was a little pricey.
Overall, we loved our stay here and we would certainly stay again if we ever visit Warwick again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Pinklou80

Thank you for taking the time to write your review here on Trip Advisor and I am delighted to note the comments.

I note that you found the location ideal for exploring the local area and that you found the facilities and staff more than met your needs.

I look forward to welcoming you back to HIlton Warwick in the future,

Reviewed April 8, 2013

i booked two rooms at this hotel, arriving early as we had just come of a flight. I requested by phone the previous day to get an early room as we needed to rest be four we preceded on our journey.
we arrived about 9.30 Am and proceeded to the honours desk, the paper work was waiting my signature and it was straight to bed, I think this was excellent management on part of the reception staff, could you ask for better, also the room rate was excellent.
this is why I continue to use the Hilton where possible

Room Tip: go for an upgrade its worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
johilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear AMG3134

Thank you for writing this review here on Trip Advisor and I am delighted to note the comments contained therein. I am pleased that we more than met your expectations which is something we endeavour to do for all our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Warwick in the future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have stayed in many Hilton hotels and this is my least favourite. Room was quite small, bed really uncomfortable and shabby bath towels although everywhere is clean. However it was the right location for where we needed to be. Enjoyed the breakfast, plenty of choice and the hot food was hot. All staff we met were all very polite and helpful. Don't know why you have to pay to park your car! For the price we paid it was good value . Probably would stay here again but maybe in a bigger room.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Debraj7

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you found the location met your expectations.

I also note you enjoyed the breakfast and am also pleased that you found our staff polite and helpful.

I do hope to welcome you back to Hilton Warwick in the future.

Guest Relations Officer

Also consider these accommodations in or near Warwick
Holiday Inn Express Warwick - Stratford Upon Avon
The Warwickshire
#7 of 12 in Warwick
The Old Fourpenny Shop Hotel
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall...
#1 of 1 in Wellesbourne Hastings

Been to Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon? Share your experiences!