“Bad nights sleep due to aircon units”

Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Warwick
Castle Donington, United Kingdom
“Bad nights sleep due to aircon units”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Myself and my partner had a 1 night stay here recently while visiting Warwick and Stratford.
The location was fantastic, easy to find and a nice big car park which is free to guests.
The actual hotel, services and staff were very good but not sure about the 4star rating.
The problem was that our room 316 was overlooking a large bank of electrical terminal boxes and air conditioning units (14 in all) The noize from the aircon units was terrible and went on all through the night without stopping. I did advise the very nice man on the desk when I settled the bill and his answer was "oh really" !! So if you do stay here try not to accept room 316 or anything near, you probably won't sleep much if you do. (picture available)

Room Tip: Do not accept roon 316
1 Thank Stuart G
johilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Stuart G

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor and I am pleased to note that you found the location ideal for your visit and you also enjoyed the hotel facilities and found our staff professional and friendly.

I do however take on board your feedback regarding the air con units and this is something we are currently investigating.

I do hope we can welcome you back to HIlton Warwick/Stratford-upon-Avon in the near future.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Me and my partner come for a weekend brake for my 23rd birthday I was pregnant at the time with our 3rd child so the brake was just so lovely the food was grate at breakfast and dinner the price is good defo paying for what you get and that is lovely food on my birthday we whent out shopping come back to find staff had put 2 balloons in my room what I thort was lovely then at dinner time I was given a glass of Champaign again was a lovely tuch we are so coming back the room was lush the pool was lush the staff was grate recommend this hotel to any one :-)

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Emz4u

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive response here on Trip Advisor and I am delighted to note that you had such a good time.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Myself and partner have just returned from a lovely nights stay at this hotel. We got a really good price for a nights stay in the deluxe room. The rooms were clean and spacious, huge comfy bed and ample pillows, 32inch tv, huge bath tub, complimentary toiletries, bath robes and slippers and a welcome basket that consisted of bottles of water, chocolates, crisps and cereal bars. Also coffee and tea making facilitys. The hotel also gave us free parking for the night which was an added bonus. We didn't eat in the restaurant or partake in the breakfast but we did ask for champagne flutes and an ice bucket at the bar and they were most accommodating. The restaurant looked lovely but we had already made dinner plans. The only negative was the fact the maid tried to come into our room at 8.10am as we didn't take the breakfast offer so we could have the extra time in bed. It was partly our fault for not putting the do not disturb sign on the door, however check out isn't until midday so I'm not sure why she would of been coming in so early.

We would definalty return to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
johilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear R K

Thank for your review here on Trip Advisor and I am delighted to comments contained therein.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Warwick in the future.

Worsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Good, clean hotel and all staff were friendly. However, internet wi-fi was only available in our room if we paid £15 for the service. This service had been advertised as being free prior to our arrival.

Dear Lee S

Thank you for taking the time to write your review here on Trip Advisor and note that you found our staff friendly.

To clarify wi-fi is available in the public areas free of charge for one hour but is chargeable in our guest rooms.

I do hope to welcome you back to Hilton Warwick/Stratford-upon-Avon in the future.

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have stayed here 3 or 4 times over the passed few years and to be honest it does not get any better or worse.Some of the Staff are friendly and some are not.The guy in the Pool reception gives you a grumpy hello and good bye when pushed.
The best part of the Hotel I think is the Bar area that always seems to be buzzing with business people meeting each.At night it is a nice area to sit around and relax.It is truly a comfortable bar area and is the heart and sole of the hotel.
Thats about were it stops.The Bedrooms are now looking very worn and out-dated.The Bathrooms are looking very shabby with the stained grouting and poor maintenance.The Toilet in our room needed to be pumped by the handle several times before it flushed.When you lie in the bath and look around is when you see just how bad things are.
To be very honest the price for the 2 night stay for the 2 rooms was at a very good price and I think the price reflex the quality of the rooms.A little bit like traveling with Ryan Air....Good price but poor quality so you don't complain.
I did mention to the receptionist the poor quality of our room and she said "oh,I sorry you were unhappy with the room sir.That says it all really.
Not up to the Hilton standards I know and expect and the core value it is so proud of.
Such a shame

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Michael D

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to note that you particularly enjoyed the bar area and facilities.

However, we do take on board all comments to feedback to our relevant departments in order that training and standards are continuously maintained and indeed improved.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2013

All staff are Helpful, nothing too much trouble. Buffet Breakfast highlight for me, keeps you going til the evening. Rooms are pleasant and bar area pleasant to just relax in. Seems a little tight to only give 1 hr free internet access in lounge & none in room, but apart from that cant really fault it.

Dear Alun1974

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I am delighted to note the comments therein, in particular how much you enjoyed the Hilton breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Warwick/Stratford-upon-Avon in the future.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Small pool and gym, great breakfast, bar ok. rooms quite big, little bit dated, but clean and comfortable. Good Average Hilton standard. Staff very helpful and friendly. Bar food quite limited, but also typical of average Hilton. No executive lounge, however you do get 4 bottles of water, packet of crisps, bar of chocolate and a kellogs breakfast bar in your room, free drink at the bar and either free movie or side order instead,
Overall not the best, but quite ok.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank stevesmiths
johilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear stevesmiths

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to note that you found our facilities met your needs and confirm that we do indeed take on all feedback. I am particularly pleased to note that you found our staff helpful and friendly.