“By far the best Indian inWarwick.”
Review of The RiverCross

The RiverCross
Ranked #26 of 130 Restaurants in Warwick
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The RiverCross was recently founded by an owner with a vision.Inspired by leading Indian restaurants and the beautiful Warwickshire countryside, Mr. Jagdeep Sohal has united with an experienced team of chefs to serve vibrant dishes to public connoisseurs near the bank of the River Avon. In accordance with the scenic location, his restaurant has retained many of the original features it possessed as a public house. The result is an intimate atmosphere and a memorable dining experience.
Coventry
“By far the best Indian inWarwick.”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Jag and Cid have created a fantastic menu.
That coupled with very friendly staff andreasonable prices tick lots of boxes. Which is why we use it again and again.would recommend this placeto anyone.

• Visited May 2013

“AMAZING!!!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is without a doubt the best Indian in Leamington!!! The staff and food are amazing and we eat there all the time, and not one of us has ever been ill. This is a genuine review and to 'Simon' who says they write there own reviews you clearly don't get out much!! And its amazing value for money!

“Fantastic!!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Myself and my girlfriend wanted a meal out and after a while of driving around decided to give the rivercross a try, it was a tuesday evening and the restaurant was quite busy. The staff went out of their way to assure we had everything we needed and were so friendly, the food was superb to say the least! Atmosphere was incredible the whole feel of the restaurant was welcoming. Loved the decor especially the open fire which we were lucky enough to be seated close to. Will definatly be going back. I would reccomend to anyone for a fantastic evening out!!

Warwick
“Surprisingly Disappointing”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Was looking forward to visiting River Cross, having had take-away from there twice and it being above average, but this was our first time eating in. Had booked a table for four, us and another couple, as knew it was a popular and this was one of our few evenings out having managed to get a babysitter.
Atmosphere and interior were good, the place was full of people and the food looked good. They ahve made a rough pub into a inviting restarant on the inside.
Two of us are vegetarian, and another likes to pick at varied dishes so we decided to order a selection of side dishes and one main that we could all share.
Tarka De Daal, Saag Paneer, Bhangan Bhartha, Chaneh Masala and vegetable Jalfrezi.
Indian food for vegetarians is usually a safe bet, but tonight we were to be disappointed. All dishes where bland and unappealing, the worst of these was the Bhangan Bhartha – advertised as “Aubergine and vegetables roughly mashed together to get a tasty mash, slightly hot.” It was a grey tasteless puree. The lentils and chick peas were mildly better but still uninspiring. Even the Jalfrezi had no spice or heat, A dish which usually has visible chillis in it. Even the rice was overcooked. The only saving grace was the Saag Paneer, that and our meat eating friends’ meal had no complaints.
We left feeling very disappointed, maybe it was because we had side dishes or the cook think vegetables and pulses should be bland, maybe it was just a one off. I don’t think we will find out as we cannot risk wasting a rare night out there again.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank sinfinity
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Appearances can be deceptive ......”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Looking small and ordinary on the outside, The Rivercross is anything but on the inside. As as first time visitor to this restaurant with friends, I was apprehensive as I have a favourite indian restaurant that I always visit and I was hoping this would be as good. The Rivercross did not disappoint. Staff were very friendly and welcoming. It was a very cold night and we were met by a lovely real-flame fire situated in an area where you can wait for friends or order your food before going to your table. The layout and size of the restaurant is excellent and the tables are laid out with stylish tableware, snow white cloths and napkins with contrasting runners and funky porcelain and glasses. The menu is extensive with something to please everyone. There are 'signature dishes' that you won't find anywhere else and healthy options for those who may be watching their waistline. Service was prompt, but not rushed and the food was excellent. I chose a healthy option (as I wanted to try something different) of sizzling lamb chops which was served with a crisp salad and a low-fat yoghurt sauce which came in a sauce boat so I could add as much or as little as I wanted - needless to say to ate the lot as it was so tasty. My friends chose more traditional dishes, saagwala, bhuna and rogan josh with rice and naans. The food looked very appetising and was served in appealing dishes and at a good temperature. Staff were attentive, but not intrusive during the meal asking if we had all we required or topping up drinks etc. We were offered dessert and coffee but I did not see a dessert menu so I can't comment on the dessert selection. We declined coffee only because we were going back to a friend's for this. The prices were very reasonable and the restaurant overall offers great value for money. Someone told me that they offer a 'loyalty card' scheme, but I cannot corroborate this as we weren't offered any such information. The waiter fetched our coats for us, walked us to the door and even thanked us for coming out on such a cold night - now that's what I call good customer service! We went very early in the evening so were able to park in their car park but, as other reviewers have said, it is tiny and I would imagine parking to be difficult later in the evening or on a busy night. However, this would not put me off visiting again. Excellent all round evening.