“A Traditional Family-Run Italian Restaurant”
Review of Giovanni's Restaurant - CLOSED

Giovanni's Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have been using this restaurant for many years, usually for special occasions. The quality of the food,cooked to order by the owner, is consistently homely and traditional, and presented by friendly and accomplished staff. Some might consider the menu a little limited (don't expect pizza as there are 2 local venues doing this kind of confection) but what this restaurant does it does very well. Prices are in line with with other restaurants of this quality and the house wines represent good value and quality. Give it a try....I think you'll go back.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Very good. Excellent service in a family business. Nice variety in the menu with specials. House wine very good. Comfortable.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant by the hotel we were staying at and they were absolutely right, great food and great service. Don't be put off by the decor it's all about the homemade food which was amazing.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

It was our second visit as a family to Giovanni's, and it certainly lived up to the first time. The food was excellent. I had Whitebait to start and that was fantastic, cooked beautifully with the perfect amount on the plate. For main I had a spaghetti dish (Cant remember the exact name) which was delicious. For desert I had the cheesecake, which like the rest of the food had been handmade on the very day, and was one of the best cheesecakes I have ever had.
The service was fantastic and I'd strongly recommend it to anyone who loves good, homemade and delicious food.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

The peace, comfort and personal service of a traditional Italian restaurant in the 1980s - attention to detail - but with excellent food. The best liver I have ever tasted and the sea bass was so so moist and succulent. Good wine and no rush - we were the last to leave!