“Brilliant! Experience the car of your dreams!”
Review of The Open Road

The Open Road
Ranked #1 of 8 Tours in Warwick
More attraction details
Owner description: Choose from a range of classic car tours around South Warwickshire and The Cotswolds: Arden Tour, Edgehill Tour, Stoneleigh Tour, Stour Tour and our ultimate tour - 125 mile Test Hills Run.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Brilliant! Experience the car of your dreams!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I hired an austin healey 1963 model, was a surprise birthday present for my husband.
The service was second to none, professional, friendly, and knowledgeable. Tony the owner has a wealth of information and knowledge with regards to classic cars. He helped me to keep it a surprise and strategically the car was placed on his driveway ready for us when we arrived at the pick up address. My husband was given a run down on the car and then went for a quick test drive with Tony. We were then able to hit the open road. We had a fantastic day.....so if you have dreams of owning a classic car and like us do not have space to keep one then this is a great way of experiencing the car of your dreams. Thanks Tony...will be in touch very soon when we have decided which car to try next!

Visited April 2013

Piermont, New Hampshire
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Excellent service.”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was going to travel with my husband in England and wanted to give him a birthday present of an antique car rental. Although we were unable to actually do it in the end, I exchanged several emails with Tony Merrygold who could not be more helpful. He did not only help me choose the car (I have minimal knowledge about cars) but also shared very valuable information on travel to Warwick, etc. I am very sorry that we did not get to meet him in person.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank vmfaulkner
Leicestershire
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Perfect”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We hired the Mustang back in May 2012, it was a surprise for my husbands 40th birthday. I had done plenty of planning & Tony was a great help. The car was ready on time, we were taken for a test drive. Evrything was perfect (how often can you say that) It was great as we had the car the whole day & you can go a long way driving all day. We took a picnic, had great weather. The car the service the weather everything was fab. Would not hesitate to recommend, don't think about it do. Hit the road...

Visited May 2012
2 Thank CHCBorne
Kitchener, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“TR6 Hire”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Back in 2003 Dorothy and I flew over from Canada and rented Tony's yellow TR6 ... we took it to a 4 day tour of Wales with other classic cars and that was the start of my interest in classic cars and the UK.

I now own a rally car that I keep in London, and this year placed 3rd in the Liege - Rome - Liege rally ... it all started with Tony providing us with a great car for touring ... and glad to see that his excellent service is still going strong all these years and earnign great reviews.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank BBDot
Droitwich, United Kingdom
“E-Type Wedding”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

What a Fabulous wedding day made completely a great car. I so enjoyed driving back hood down, the bride was stunned & we turned up in style. Thanks for perfect service, the swop back at the reception allowed me to fully enjoy the champagne.

Visited October 2012