“Superb food, excellent value, just a little more warmth and that human touch”
Review of Tailors Restaurant

Tailors Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 141 Restaurants in Warwick
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We ate at Tailors after reading the Tripadvisor reviews, and on a special occasion, having the set lunch. Food was superb, reasonable portions of beautifully prepared dishes: goats cheese starters, sea bass mains (couples stuff - we chose the same!), shared a frozen fruit and white chocolate sauce dessert (it was plenty for two). The value is fabulous and this is one of the best meals we've eaten anywhere in the world.

Could be better, five stars even, if...there were a little more warmth with the service; when I made the booking on the phone I really thought I'd made a mistake - the person I spoke to sounded so gruff. And when we arrived, the whole service experience needed a little more warmth and friendliness. I don't expect the waiter or waitress to tell me his or her life story (like some US restaurants), nor do I expect to be quizzed about my day, how I feel, the name of my kids and my cat etc etc, but I do like more smiles and a little polite conversation.

All in all, lovely, and we'll go back, but ...

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Had a very nice meal (lunch) there, service was excellent, very friendly and attentive. Food presentation was very good too, and quality very good. Portions were ok but not massive
2 course lunch menu was £15 a head, which i thought was justified

1  Thank Mike K
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We went here as a family to celebrate our son 40th birthday . And it was one of the best meals we have had , I think we all agreed on that . The food was outstanding , the wine was good and the staff were very attentive and looked after us very well . If you are looking for somewhere special this is the place to come . Well done " Tailors " .Can't wait to come back ..

1  Thank margaret p
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is the fourth time we've been to Tailors in Warwick within about the last two years and I have to say it's been consistently good each time. The last time was a table for six for my 40th birthday, and the other times has been just the two of us. I don't often write reviews on Trip Advisor, but it's so difficult to find restaurants that offer quality, service AND consistency, so I had to share my experience!

It's a small cosy restaurant in the centre of Warwick. The ambience is lovely and Mark and the small team there really look after you. The service is fantastic, which is rare these days, especially to be so consistently great. They are attentive without being intrusive and really understand their food. They explain each dish for you in detail, and even the bread is made on the premises and is...wow! It's not cheap, but is good value for the quality they offer. I'd personally say that it's Michelin quality without the associated extortionate prices and stuffiness. The food is very creative and they know how to put together some amazing flavour combinations. The wine list is great too. Looking forward to our next visit already...Keep up the good work Tailors!

1  Thank SnapperWarwickshire
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I did not enjoy the food here, I found it far too rich and the flavour combinations bizarre at times. Maybe my taste buds are not the most discerning... I'm not sure but the following day I was ill. I think it is important not to be completely taken in by the hype.

3  Thank Dear_Holly2403