“Probably the nicest restaurant I've been to.”
Review of Tailors Restaurant

Tailors Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 142 Restaurants in Warwick
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We went here as a couple for our anniversary. The main waiter was really helpful and chatted to us about menu choices and made us feel really welcome.

The food was amazing and was celebrity chef inspired so there was some real quirky things to eat but it defiantly worked! It's quite an expensive place but you would expect that for this kind of specialty food. If you really want to WOW somebody then I would take them here!

I have no complaints whatsoever. The atmosphere was not electric but you wouldn't expect that for a small restaurant like that. It's easy to talk between yourselves and not have to shout like many other places in Warwick.

I would give this 11 out of 10 if i could!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

On arrival for an early lunch we nearly went elsewhere as the door appeared bolted at the top. Being good with brute force we eventually fell inside, but the door really needs to be shaved as a matter of urgency if the restaurant is not to lose custom.
Nevertheless persistence paid off. OH enjoyed the pea soup (which would have been too sweet for me) but was mildly surprised by the lack of a finishing swirl, crouton or sprig of parsley. My pet hate is savoury dishes having sweet elements which seems the fashion at present but my pasta starter was just delicious and by contrast, presented beautifully. We both chose the chicken fricasse which was again nicely presented with flavours that were in perfect harmony. A totally delicious light lunch!
We will go back again soon - providing we can get through the door!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Down from Scotland to visit friends who took us to Tailors Restaurant for a fabulous lunch. Every dish presented and prepared to an extrordinary level - the pea soup was exceptionally smooth with an unforgetable balanced flavour. There were appreciateve murmers from all of us for each dish we savoured culminating in the tour de force of an apple crumble. Very good value for such quisine at £15 for 2 courses including a glass of very good wine.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Just enjoyed a delicious lunch, excellent value 2 courses for £15 inc. glass of wine. Divine crab parfait (friend had the Waldorf salad) followed by smoked salmon risotto - no room for pud! - plus mint tea for both. Dinky but very pleasant environment, great service - looking forward to an excuse to go for dinner soon!

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I decided to treat my boyfriend for his 30th birthday as we had seen all the good reviews.

It was good overall and exactly what we expected.

Quirky, celebrity chef inspired food, trying to be very clever. It was very tasty but I think very overpriced.

As many others have said there is no atmosphere, it's very small and the chefs/waiters don't interact much.

There are by far much cheaper restaurants with just as tasty food with a much better atmosphere where they make you feel more welcome.

I won't be rushing back but can't really marking down when we knew what we were getting before we went.

1  Thank kashiaanderson