“Lunch at this price, unbelievable!”
Review of Tailors Restaurant

Tailors Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 138 Restaurants in Warwick
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Lunch at this price, unbelievable!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

First ever visit for a celebration lunch with my wife. All the other reviewers have got it just right. Excellently presented and cooked food, great service and incredible value for money. I chose the extra cost option of a fillet steak which was cooked perfectly to my liking (which is not easy as I am very particular about it being rare to medium, not medium to rare) The "hand cut" chips were also excellent. My wife chose the Coley Fillet with celeriac puree. The fillet was very large and all the flavours complimented each other. Our starter was a goat cheese and pasta with olives. Again well brought together and presented. We will certainly revisit however to try an evening meal next time, very, very soon. Watch this space.

1 Thank ACF75

Derby, United Kingdom
“The Best Food and Service I have ever experienced”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I booked a table for 6 at Tailors for my wifes 50th birthday celebration, the restaurant is small but perfect, with LOADS of ambience.
The menu is again small but perfect, its the type of menu where you can be confident that no matter what you order it will be great.
I have eaten in many many restaurants but none have ever come close to the experience at Tailors, Every aspect of the food (and service) was top class.
Mark went into great detail explaining each course and his attention to detail was outstanding.
Everyone at our table stated it was the best food they had ever tasted. The girls had the wagonwheels which were amazing.
Although we live 60 miles from Warwick we will definately be coming back for more.

Thank you for making our weekend in Warick perfect.

• Visited March 2013
“Taster Menu is brilliant!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Can never make my mind up when eating out, luckily the decision was made for me and my wife as we treated ourselves on our anniversary. We'd eaten here when we first got engaged and our second time was just as memorable.

Taking some well known dishes and turning them on their head we had chicken ceasar, a stunning plaice veronique (my wife nearly didn't let me try her beef with blue cheese truffles) and then a quirky twist on spag bol! With 6 courses in all, I was able to get over the fact my favourite 'ham, egg and chips' from my first visit was no longer available.

I will certainly be going back and as for some negative comments from others about lack of ambience I can only recommend taking better company! Great food, keep it up.

Chipping Sodbury, United Kingdom
“Evening Meal”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had an evening meal for 4 at Tailors on Friday, table was pre booked but wow what a surprise with the food and service, just fabulous.
We each had seperate choices and they all were superb from the starter to the dessert.
The wine selection is very good and overall we were very impressed, would certainly recommend this restaurant to anyone that wanted special service and good food

1 Thank igwana48
hereford
“Didnt meet expectations”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We booked to eat here after reading the reviews on tripadvisor. Location was good in centre of Warwick town centre. The restaurant itself is very small and the seating very crammed. There is no privacy bar couple of tables by the window. So first impressions - NO ambience

The wine menu was way above the prices displayed on their website. On their website, wines are priced at £15.50 onwards. However in the restaurant minimum price was £18.95, not cheap by any means and the same of the wine retails in Tesco at £5.

Starters were kedgeree and duck parfait with brioche. The bread served whilst we were waiting for the starters was cold and dry. Kedgeree was good however the brioche wasnt toasted and didnt compliment the pate. Before our mains we were given two small espresso cups with vine tomato soup compliments of the chef and this was by far the tastiest food we had on the nite.

Main course of Duck breast and Pork tenderloin was disappointing because they were both chewy, something you just wouldnt expect from a restaurant that seems to boast high standards. Also the accompaniments and sauces were haphazard and didnt do justice to the main meat. We chose not to have a third course and were promptly handed the bill.

Overall a big disappointment and for the £78 incl wine for two, we have had much better food and ambience in other restaurants. PS the supplement for the scallops and fillet of beef is £5.50 not £3.50 as displayed on their website.

2 Thank 64hereford