“How can they serve food this good for £13.95?”
Review of Tailors Restaurant

Tailors Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 144 Restaurants in Warwick
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Amazing two course lunch today at Tailors. First ever visit but it certainly wont be the last. My wife had Pork Loin with butternut squash purée and wild mushrooms and I had rump steak, shallots in brown butter and the most fabulous skin on chips I've ever tasted. Good British cheese and chocolate mouse followed. To cap it all the biggest 'small' glass of house wine I've come across was included in the price.

Brilliant home made soda bread was offered just as soon as we sat down. Friendly attentive service capped off a real treat. Can't wait to go back...

1  Thank UnionMan2011

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Lovely meal from the bread to the desert. Had 3 courses, which all contained elements which excited not only the taste buds but also the imagination. Would recommend the 'all day breakfast' for a starter and the 'wagon wheel' for desert. The waiter Charlie was attentive and nothing was too much trouble, excellent service. Would defiantly be back.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Eating at Tailors was our main reason for staying in warwick. we had eaten there once before and were both looking forward to it.
We were not disappointed. The ambience and food was of the highest standard, and while it was all fairly spectacular, none of it can upstage the dessert my wife had. It was called a waggon wheel, and when it arrived the waiter poured hor rasbery sauce onto the chocoalte topping that then melted and formed a wheel shape. It was a round of applause moment.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

My mother and I visited Tailors when I was looking to relocate to the area; a waitress at Lamb's (Stratford-on Avon, well worth a visit) recommended it when we'd dined there the night before.
Booking is essential, so we called up for a Tuesday night table and were in luck.
It's a tiny place, we missed it the first time we walked past, but were welcomed by the lovely girl who was doing the drinks and Mark Fry, the co-owner, who seemed to be the waiter for the night.
Both the regular and vegetarian menus were excellent, original sounding dishes and seasonal produce. We decided to share the "Spag Bol" starter and did not regret it - it is amazing! So unique, very tasty, we're still obsessed with it and frequently tell friends about it.
We had a lovely soup amuse bouche, but heard a regular customer complain to Mark that the flavour served the previous week had been much better - would love to know what it was!
The mains did not disappoint either; I had a pea, mint and feta risotto which was wonderfully light and completely delicious, the best risotto I've had in years! My mother had the Duck'n'Donuts which she also enjoyed. They were kind enough to bring me out a separate donut to try, such a fun dish!
We shared the Jammie Dodger dessert which again was very unique and a lot of fun, the tonka bean ice cream was my favourite.
The only thing missing from our meal were petit fours with our coffee (mainly because we were so intrigued and impressed by the meal we were curious to see what they would serve), but honestly I have zero complaints about this meal and can't wait to return when I'm next in the area.
I sneaked a peek in the kitchen as I was walking past and cannot believe they can achieve this much in such a small space.
Not sure if I'm just used to London prices but Tailors is incredibly good value for money; I've never eaten food of this standard at this price!

Please visit if you are in the area, these guys have an exceptional restaurant and you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Brit W
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

A fantastic meal yet again this is the 3rd time we have been and its easily our favourite restaurant, the quality of the food is unreal and the attention to detail is superb! The hosting is great and they really look after those with special dietary requirements no matter how difficult. Tailors is not to be missed! We'll be back again soon!