“Wonderful evening”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2013

What a find! Our first visit but hopefully not our last. Amazing food served in a unique style. The menu descriptions kept us guessing what we were actually going to eat but what wonderful surprises when each course arrived. We were looked after from the minute we arrived and made to feel comfortable throughout the evening. Can't praise Tailors highly enough. Fantastic!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I visited Tailors at the end of January with friends. As my friend had chosen the restaurant, prior to going I checked the menu (as I always do with new restaurants) to make sure the usual single vegetarian dish would be to my liking. How delighted I was to find an entire vegetarian menu! I am so used to having no choice in restaurants serving British cuisine.

We received a warm welcome and the service was excellent throughout. There are a selection of menus available and staff took the time to explain the options. The food itself was wonderful, certainly not run of the mill stuff. Each dish was not quite what it seemed and this made the experience great fun. I particularly enjoyed my 'Spag Bol' starter which was not at all what I had imagined. Everyone in our group loved what they ate. Little touches like the complimentary amuse bouche and handmade chocolates served with our coffees were so lovely.

A fantastic little restaurant that I will be sure to return to very soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I received a voucher for the six course tasting menu at Tailors as a christmas present and what a wonderful present it turned out to be! Having eaten at a number of top restaurants all over the world we both agreed the tasting menu at Tailors was one of the best meals we'd ever had. Each course was a wonderful combination of flavours and complimented the entire menu perfectly. The service was relaxed yet attentive, Mark in particular was knowledgeable, made us feel very welcome and offered a personal yet professional service. The meal was a real treat for the senses and I would certainly recommend Tailors to family and friends.

1  Thank vodkagirl01
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is not a big place and the food and service are excellent, so don't expect to walk in without a reservation, even early in the week. The menu is not big either, which is good because what they do they do very well and in ways that surprise. Innovative high quality cooking sums it up. The beef and fish we had were exceptionally good.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We dined with a group of six friends to celebrate a birthday. The menu was innovative with a few surprises (the chef's take on English Breakfast, for example). Our waiter Mark was attentive and presented all dishes with commentary. He also appeared knowledgeable about wine, helping to steer us towards what turned out to be a great South African red enjoyed by all. The best thing though was the mix of flavours delivered on every plate. 'Hats off' to the chef, Dan. If you're looking for good value for money I'd recommend their fixed price 'Menu of the Week'.