“A great find!”

Austin Guest House
Austin Guest House
Ranked #7 of 24 Warwick B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed in the Austin guest house for 4 days as I was attending a training course in Southam. I picked it because it had by far the best price anywhere in the area and the reviews were good. Still, because of the price, my expectations weren't very high, so imagine my delight when I got shown to the top room, which featured a large double bed, 2 single beds, a huge telly (bigger than the one we have at home), a comfortable sofa and of course a separate bathroom. And then in the morning I got served a delicious breakfast (and I'm a fussy eater!) prepared by the lovely owner James, who was very friendly and quite prepared to accommodate my additional wish for baked beans. All in all it was a very pleasant stay and I would wholeheartedly recommend Austin Guest house to anyone wishing to stay in the area.

Oh and do book with James direct so he doesn't have to pay too much commission to the referral sites and can keep the prices so low.

Room Tip: If you can get the top room you're in for a treat!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I don't hand out 5* ratings on here willy-nilly, but this was an excellent find of a guest house.

I booked in February to stay whilst attending a music convention in Leamington Spa. I was rather concerned when I happened to read the review down the list about a lost booking, but I had nothing to worry about in the end.

We were greeted by a chap whose name I can't remember, sorry, who was looking after check in's whilst the owners were out. What a welcome! I can't think of a more chatty and friendly welcome to guest house ever. We felt like we were in a home from home almost immediately.

We stayed in the family room on the top floor, which was spacious, warm, comfortable, it had a huge tele and Sky+ (another first). It was spotlessly clean.

Breakfast was wonderful and fresh. The owner very friendly and asked each morning how the gigs had gone the night before.

It's about half an hour walk into town from the guest house, and a taxi back cost us about £6. It's a flat, straight, one road walk as well. The indian restaurant just up the road called the Rivercross is worth a look. We had an excellent meal there on the Friday night, and a great laugh in the Lord Nelson pub with the locals later the same evening.

Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PontyCyclops
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My friend and I stayed in room 4, a twin room (can also be a double) at the front of the house on the first floor. The room was a reasonable size with lots of storage space and a small wardrobe. Sink was in the room and a very small toilet and shower area ensuite. Good size TV, but you had to sit on the bed to watch it as there was no other seating in the room. Tea and coffee tray. Wifi available and worked well. Beds were comfortable and slept well. Rooms seemed reasonably soundproofed. Parking at front of house, room for 3 cars across, but often you need to double park at night or use the small road opposite. Breakfast was fine. Vegetarian option available. Cereal, cooked breakfast and toast. Some yoghurts, but no fresh fruit. Very good fried bread. Owner very nice, but you may be greeted by someone else as he may be working. He is always there for breakfast. Overall very good value.

Emscote Road is a busy one and is the main road between Warwick and Leamington Spa.

Tesco Superstore very close, with petrol station, and a good range of restaurants in Warwick.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I found this accommodation on trip advisor and contacted the owner by telephone to book. James told me he could offer a family room as there were three of us, my daughter, my friend and I. I explained we would rather have two rooms so he gave us the family room and put my friend in an ensuite double room. I was impressed by the price as he did not charge extra for underoccupancy for my friend. I did email and ring after to find out the name of a local restaurant he had mentioned when booking but had to ring again to get the information. On arrival James was away but another gentleman let us in and was very helpful. We were very impressed with the rooms, the family room had a 42inch flat screen tv with sky, sofa and plenty of room. The only comment from my friend was that her room was small which was ok as she was on her own, that the washbasin was in her room and the ensuite with toilet and shower was compact. However decor was beautiful. Breakfast was good, choice of cereals to start and orange juice. Tea/coffee served to table with full english and toast. All in all good value for money, would definately return if in the area.

Room Tip: Family room at the top of the building
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My daughter treated me to a few days away in Warwick for my forthcoming birthday, she made an excellent choice with the Austin Guest House. We stayed for three nights, had the family room on the top floor, it was spacious, light and comfortable. The added bonus of a seating area with a lovely sofa and large flat screen TV was perfect. Breakfast was good, freshly cooked and not greasy. James is a lovely person only too happy to advise on where to go and give directions. The house is a credit to him. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again or to recommend to any of my friends. This was my first visit to this part of the country, I have to say it is a beautiful area, so all in all an excellent few days.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2012

stayed 5nights here in this lovely little guest house it had a spacious room very bright and modern decor lovely and clean nice bathroom and clean towels there was a large hd-tv with sky and plenty of storage space.the breakfast was lovely cereals,choice off the menu for full english.James the owner is a lovely young man who is very friendly and very helpful would recommendthis guest house 100% to anyone wanting to stay in this area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We have just had a lovely break at the Austin Guest House with friends.

Location - Perfect for us as we were easily able to abandon the car and walk into both Warwick and Leamington Spar (along the canal). There is lots to see and do at both locations. If you turn right outside the guest house you are only a couple of minutes from the canal. Cross the bridge and turn right to walk to Leamington Spar but if you turn left and walk for about 15 minutes you will arrive at the Cape of Good Hope pub which is excellent!

Rooms - Our room was very spacious, spotlessly clean, bright and modern with a huge bed and a small en suite (toilet and shower), The basin was in the bedroom itself but was very modern as was the furniture. There were a couple of very minor maintenance issues which we pointed out to James (the owner) who already had them in hand. There was sky TV and a large flat screen tv on the wall opposite the bed. There was lots of storage space but if I was being critical then the single wardrobe probably wouldn't be very practical for a long stay. Also there was no hairdryer. I mention this as I hadn't seen one listed so had brought my own anyway.

Breakfast - Breakfast was full english, vegetarian option, breakfast buns (sausage buns etc), toast and cereal (jam/marmalade). Orange, tea and coffee to drink. Standard fayre but extremely good.

Cleanliness - As stated the room was spotless with clean towels both days we were there. Not bad considering the carpet was very light (almost cream).

I would not hesitate recommending Austin Guest House.

Room Tip: We were in Room 4 (which was larger than our friends). Bring your own hairdryer. Although this was...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple