“poor servive”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2012

food heated in the microwave, seemed bought in Iceland. We have ordered duck in a plum sauce - that was awful and pastry disgusting, same with thai chicken, very poor english staff.
Collected plates even asking us we finished.

2  Thank don v

Reviewed December 8, 2012

The kids had been asking to go to chopsticks for ages, and so we went along for an early Saturday night meal at 6:45. Prawn crackers & Xmas crackers on the table so a great start.

Unfortunately it took 15 minutes before we were even able to get a member of staff to take a drinks order, and we ordered a couple of starters and crispy duck. When the duck eventually arrived, it was lukewarm and reminded me of kebab meat the way it was all chopped up. Edible though, and the kids scoffed the pancakes, cucumber and spring onion as well.

The BBQ ribs we had ordered to come with the duck turned up eventually, big portion and hot.

We then asked to order our mains, as it was not getting on and the slow nature of the food coming out meant we were worried about too late a night for the kids.

Three main dishes, one beef, one chicken and one king prawn, two egg fried rice and some noodles with chicken ordered.

Beef was ok, but had lukewarm spots in it, the chicken was a similar temperature, and when my 9 year old son said it tasted funny I had a try. There was a strange chemical taste to it in the sauce, which my wife described as "the burnt oil smell of burgers from a chip van". Didn't really eat much more after that. The noodles never arrived.

The prawn dish was hot and ok, but mainly as I asked for a dry king prawn dish with chilli and salt so I think they made it fresh.

A waitress came finally to clear up, and asked if we wanted to order more food (it is an unlimited menu, although they cook to order rather than self service), and I declined, and said the food was actually not very good. It took a couple of goes before she seemed to understand and then she just walked away and left us alone.

I finally got the attention of another waiter and asked for the bill. He volunteered a discount, apologising as they had been very busy. I declined the offer of more food.

Place was busy for sure, and I just hope I don't come down with something after that chicken. Taste is still in my mouth.

NEVER AGAIN.

1  Thank JamesterUk
Reviewed December 5, 2012

The Service was spot on I like to take a bit of time and not be bothered too much which I think they cottoned on to. The food was excellent, well presented and good value for a City Centre Restaurant.
The two young people on duty this Wednesday, were polite and very efficient

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We went on Friday evening as a large group and the food was very good. The place was busy but that is a good thing, it was our first visit and the cost was reasonable. would recommend if you like Chinese in the Warwick/Leamington area

Reviewed November 22, 2012

With two colleagues tried this restaurant on recommendation. It took 15 minutes before anyone asked us about drinks and even then we had to ask, a further 10 before order for starters. One drink arrived with one starter, a further delay before other drinks and remaining starters arrived, not a good start.
The reason seemed to be that there was a large party (about 15) on one table and whilst other tables were occupied the place was by no means full. However there was only two people serving. When we asked to order main course, some 50 minutes after arriving, we were told that it would be at least 30 minutes.
At this point we said this was too long and the young waiter said we should leave and there would be no charge. We were not happy with this but he insisited no charge and so we left. The small amount of food we did have as starters was poor and lukewarm. Altogether not a good experience and we will not be returning.