“Delicious food and great service- this is the place to eat!”

Sorrento Restaurant ... a taste of Italy
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Description: Family run,independent, Award winning Italian Restaurant est1984 -33yrs! Open Tues - Sat Lunch and Dinner. Lunch & Pre theatre Menu 2/3 course £14.90/ £18.90 TUES to SAT.Offering a taste of Italy to the historic town of Stratford-upon-Avon, the Sorrento Restaurant open Pre Theatre from 5.00Pm Tues-Sat, with a tempting 2/3 courses for £14.90/£18.90 Respectively. Wine from £2.90 Per 125ml glass/ £4.60-175ml./£5.90-250ml per glass, House wine £17.90. Sorrento is a family-run Italian restaurant, est 1894, that offers high-class dishes, using the finest and freshest ingredients. The interior is elegant yet unimposing, with classic Neapolitan decor and stylish seating. The menu is hearty and flavoursome, including deep fried squid, pasta with garlic, chilli, olive oil, rocket leaves and parsley, salmon and lemon sole with capers and garlic, and veal flamed in brandy with mushrooms and cream sauce. On average, a sumptuous 3 course meal costs an affordable £35 per person. The 2/3 course set menu available from Tuesday to Saturday, as well as daily chef's specials. Examples a lobster tail, with king prawns, mussels, and clams, served with linguiniin a white wine, tomato, garlic and chilli sauce. Calves Liver, Fillet and Sirloin Steak, Escallops of Veal, Seafood Platter, Just 4 minutes from the Royal Shakespeare Company Theatre, peaceful al fresco dining is available on the terrace.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We visited this restaurant yesterday for a pre theatre meal. We both ate linguini al pesto; simple, delicious and very fresh. The desserts were fantastic, the only problem was that I couldnt eat all of them. The service was excellent. This is real Italian food and very affordable.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

My elder sister gave me a very old fashioned look when I ordered King Prawns to be followed by the Lobster special and I was soon to find out why! The King Prawns were excellent, big and meaty, too meaty as it transpired when the £25 Lobster special arrived. It was huge! Only half a lobster to be fair but one of considerably size. That, however, was not all for on this huge plate were prawns,king prawns, mussels, clams all piled on top of pasta. It wasn't the most beautifully presented plate I have ever had but it was mouth watering all the same and delicious. Now I knew why my sister was gloating. She thought I had overdone it - and I was paying the bill ! I finished it but it was an effort while Pam had half of her meal boxed up to take back to her cottage for her lunch next day.
I was so impressed we went back again on my return to Stratford and this time no starter - just the lobster. Perfect.
The rest was fine with a reasonable and relatively inexpensive wine list wine, excellent and extremely friendly service. Complaints? Hard to find one except from a personal point of view a poor selection of dark rum, one of my quirks.
Stratford restaurants come and go - I have been visiting my sister there for over 50 years - and I hope this one stays very much as it is now.
By the way if you want to be sure, book your lobster in advance - you won't regret it.

Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We always eat here when we visit the RSC, that is about 8 times a year. There are always things I want to choose from the menu ( sometimes not the case everywhere we go)! Service is prompt if they know you have theatre tickets, but not rushed. It is charming, well run and very good value, really what more could you want 5 mins from the shops or the Theatre.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We have known the Sorrento for many years. If in Stratford it would be our first port of call. The food is excellent, service is both professional and friendly. The ambiance of the restaurant is perfect and the welcome warm.

The wine list is also well worth sampling!

Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

We are a group of 10 and our booking was handled by friendly Ms Jackie. We were asked to put up an advance deposit £10 per adults and pre ordered our meals weeks before our arrival.

We had a lovely meal and service was fast, portion quite generous and food was delicious.

Location: in the city center and easy to find.

Would recommend to others.

1  Thank SeaShellsManila