“Great Party Venue”

Shakespeare Street Cocktail Bar & Nightclub
Cuisines: British, Bar, Gastropub, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Shakespeare Street Cocktail Bar & Nightclub is Stratford's newest addition to the nightlife scene. Formally Number 1 Shakespeare Street, it now boasts a light and bright Cocktail Bar downstairs, which is the ideal place to meet friends whilst trying amazing cocktails served by skilled cocktail bar Men & Women. Upstairs our Nightclub gives you the chance to dance the night away every Saturday to resident DJ's offering a mix of RnB, Soul, Dance, Pop and Disco.
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We held a 40th party here that went without a glitch and over 70 friends had a great night.
We arranged our own band and the venue organised the DJ for after.
The room looked great, the staff were helpful they food was well received.
I would definitely use the venue again.

shakespearestreet, Owner at Shakespeare Street Cocktail Bar & Nightclub, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for your lovely comments and we are delighted you had such a memorable evening for your party. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
The Team at No 1

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I organised an evening here for my best friend's Hen Do for 15 of us and it was great. The emails from them beforehand were prompt and helpful and reassured me that I'd made a good choice (we live 100miles away so I wasn't at all sure what to expect).

They arranged a massive buffet for £12 per head and had sectioned off 2 seperate areas for us (one in the bar and one in the club - again not something I would have known to do as I didn't know the layout). The food was tasty and filling and good value for money.

They took payment on the night and gave me an invoice which explained everything clearly, it was much better organised than other bars when I've organised big events.

It was also nice that our coats were taken and put in a special section for our reservation, and that one of the bouncers showed us where our reservation was up stairs - it was all seamless and stressfree for me.

The only minor downside was that the bar staff couldn't mix cocktails when asked - but this didn't ruin our evening at all.

The atmosphere and music was fab, just what I'd hoped for. Thank you.

shakespearestreet, Owner at Shakespeare Street Cocktail Bar & Nightclub, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you very much for your fab comments about No 1 and we are delighted you had a fantastic evening for your Hen Party. Sincere apologies for the issue with the cocktails (the barman was new) but we do have a wide variety of cocktails available and would be happy to make one for you if and when you are next in Stratford - on the house of course!
The Team at No 1.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We have been to Number 1 Shakespeare on a couple of occasions to watch live bands. Fantastic place now attracting bigger names. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank Mig7ab
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We looked this up on trip advisor, found the voucher code another reviewer had mentioned and called several times during the day to see whether we needed to book for an early dinner. The phone went to voicemail and despite leaving a message we were never called back.

We went to No 1 anyway which was open but after checking the barman told us (at 6pm) that the kitchen wasn't open. Assuming it was a bit early, we asked what time it would be open and were told it wasn't opening at all that day. No explanation as to why. Won't be going back.

2  Thank emmaneilosian
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

The food was delicious. The portions were very generous and it was all freshly cooked. We used a voucher code which got 25% off which was worthwhile, but the bar man didn't know anything about the offer

1  Thank Caroline803