“Very good service”
Review of Vintner

Vintner
Reserve with OpenTable
Vintner is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Midlander (UK)
“Very good service”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Went with no 1 daughter for an early lunch-she forgot her breakfast. The place is usually packed so I never visited. There are 3 good restaurants on Sheep Street so never felt the urge to wait but as it was soo early, we got a table easily. Loved the decor and the seating was comfortable.

The service was efficient and friendly, if a little blonde! Waitress asked if we wanted garlic bread with our foccia, realised what she'd said and giggled -very endearing.

The menu was just right for both of us, with some tempting starters (I love moules, daughter loves chicken) and a nice selection of mains. I had Goan style salmon with mussels- the salmon and mussels were perfectly cooked but I found the sauce lacked a bit of clarity-tasted slightly bland. The foccia was a meal in itself, by the way. The prices were about average for Sheep Street, lunch for 2 and 2 cokes and 1 glass of wine £32.

House white was a perfectly acceptable and quite cold pinot grigio.

All in all, a good place to go if you get there early-by the time we left, the place was heaving again but glad we have tried it.

1 Thank achilles1960

• Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent- make a reservation!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We visited here as part of our bank holiday weekend getaway and had a lovely meal. We visited on the Sunday evening but actually tried to eat here on the Saturday pre-theatre but they were completely booked up at 5:30pm! If you are planning to go pre-theatre on a weekend remember to book.
I'm so pleased that we decided to return the following day (having made a booking!) The food was delicious and good value for money (I had a twice baked cheese souffle to start which was divine and smelt so good the people at the table next to us also ordered it!). My husband ate from the set menu and had courses for £13.50 which was a bargain for the quality of the food. The ambiance of the restaurant was lovely and it felt light and airy whilst retaining the features of the original building. The service was also excellent and our waitress friendly and informative. There are lots of restaurants in Stratford but Vinter's deserves a visit.

1 Thank Girlinthebigcity
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Excellent food & atmosphere”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We recently visit the Vintner for a family members birthday and the food was the best i have had for a while in Stratford. I had king prawns to start in garlic butter & the cajan chicken salad with soured cream for main. It was simple fresh flavours really well cooked. Its a lovely little building & the staff are all v friendly.

1 Thank funkyfish5867
UK
“Great food, excellent value”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is one the vast array of little restaurants you'll find in Stratford but well worth a look. My wife and I had lunch here and it was absolutely lovely. There isn't a vast variety but what they do is absolutely delicious and the service is spot on. Add to that the lovely rickety surroundings from a building hundreds of years old and a very reasonable bill and you're in for a treat. Recommended.

Visited May 2013
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“Exclusive without being pretentious”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I love this wine bar. The only one I have been in where one can order Fleurie by the glass. There is a great atmosphere here, which is assisted by lots of Shakespeare posters from the theatre. We are invariably just coming back from a visit there - so for us - this really adds to our enjoyment!

We love this place so much - we went back the next morning for brunch! The bacon and eggs were heavenly! The prices are reasonable and an eating/drinking experience makes you feel like you have treated yourselves to something special, without it breaking your bank account.

I like it so much, I don't want anyone else to go there and ruin it for me, but we only visit Stratford once or twice a year and I guess the owner needs a bit more revenue than that to go on! And I want it to be there for me, next year!

• Visited April 2013