After reading the reviews, we booked 4 nights and only wish we could have stayed longer. We had the Stratford room, the largest, and it was fantastic. We looked at the other rooms too and they were all lovely. Double glazing on the windows eliminates any worry about traffic noise. Individual heating and a/c in each room is wonderful--an amenity we have never before had anywhere in England.
The rooms are all in a soft contemporary style, all different and all sparkling with style. They are spotlessly clean. We loved the flat-screen TV with a lot of satellite channels. We didn't watch much, but it was great to be able to keep up with world events during an eventful week. We liked having our own fridge, stocked with water, juice and milk for coffee.
The owners are a delight, very friendly and helpful. Breakfasts are really spectacular, served at small tables in a lovely dining room. We chose vegetarian sausages which were much tastier than anything we have found in the States. We especially loved the selection of fresh and cooked fruits every morning.
We walked about 5 minutes to a nice pub where we had a couple of good dinners. There is also an Italian restaurant next to the pub that looked very appealing.
We could easily have walked to and from the theatre in about 15 minutes, but we did find parking spots in town and so we drove the two nights we went to the theatre. There is also bus service every half hour, and it runs until late at night. Parking onsite is easy--a big plus in crowded Stratford.
There are many sights within easy driving distance. We are already planning another trip, using White-Sails as a base. This is a one-of-a-kind B and B experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- White-Sails is Stratford upon Avon's 5* Gold Award Luxury Guest House. Featured in The Michelin Guide and Good Hotel Guide. All rooms have air-conditioning, silent fridges with fresh milk and mineral water, flat screen tv's, wi-fi access, etc., etc. On site parking and walking distance to the Theatre/town centre. Chic, boutique accommodation where your comfort is our only priority. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your White-Sails reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White-Sails Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- White-Sails Stratford-Upon-Avon, England