“Think twice... Watch they don't charge twice!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ingon Manor Hotel Golf & Country Club

Ingon Manor Hotel Golf & Country Club
Hgt
“Think twice... Watch they don't charge twice!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

Where to start...?
The Arrival: I'd booked via late rooms and paid direct and online. Easy as that! ...Or not as the case maybe! Upon arrival I was told that that my online payment was just a security payment should i not turn up. Fair enough I thought handing over my ever thinning credit card! After the payment I was given a room key and told "if you want any food I'll have to do it for you now". This would normally be fine - At 4:30pm however I wasnt ready for a meal! I said I'll order something a little later to which I was told "I'm closing up and leaving in 20mins after the last of tonight's guests have checked in. Needless to say - I went without any hotel grub! A wonderful trip to tescos it is then! Just what you want after a hard days work!

The Room: 'A room with a view!'. ...A view of the car park! The car park for probably 200 cars with just my lonely car in the centre.
I think the room was number 3?? Two single beds - Nice and comfortable. Slightly dated room especially the wardrobe doors! Lovely bathroom! Shower was wonderfully powerful yet not so wonderfully - COLD! (A fantastic oppertunaty for those of you training for an Icelandic expedition!) 10mins of running the shower and still no hot water! A quick trip to reception and the lady told me there was hot water but I may need to leave the tap on a little longer. I'm no Eco mentalist but that's not good at all!
Small Flatscreen Tv with freeview and the added bonus of a dvd player! Worked well!

It was at this point I started wondering why the receptionist was leaving and why her replacement couldn't offer the same meals at s later time. I then found out that the hotel is staffed overnight by a very useful telephone on reception! God only knows what happens in the event of a fire...?!?
The whole complex was earily quiet which didn't lead to a great nights sleep! Thankfully it was only one night!

The Departure: All happy and smiling after an 'alright' nights sleep. To reception I go...! Very impolite telephone - didn't so much as wish me a good morning! After 20mins of waiting at reception - expecting someone to be working at 7am, I gave up asking the printer for my receipt!! No notes on reception at all to say what to do with your key - I ended up putting it in the reception desk and leaving rather discruntled about the whole affair! Mental note - 'Dont stay here again!'

The Aftermath!: 3 Days down the line I find that the hotel has taken two payments! I rang them and explained to which they said the back office is closed but I'll get them to call you to sort things out! Okay. 3 days later no call! Anger sets in and the following three days involve numerous calls to the, 'in my opinion', extremely useless staff! I was told that I, yes 'I', had to provide proof of this duplicate payment! Extream anger ensues! I said no, check your own accounts to which they seemed reluctant to do! Fantastic - these chimps have all my credit card details yet they cannot find any receipts! Eventually I gave up and decided to surprise them at reception. To be fair the surprise was more mine in the fact there were two ladies on reception and no telephone! I showed proof on my phone of my account as if I were at fault and had to give them copies in order to finally get the refund back!

In summation 1 okay nights sleep followed by 2 weeks lack of sleep with frustration of their blatant incompetence! Stay elsewhere - your car in a layby for instance...

• Stayed March 2011
7 Thank 7_Heavened

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

Stayed for two nights with our society of 20 golfers the course and pro shop all good. The hotel room was clean and comfortable. The fact that they asked us to pay upfront should have started the alarm bells ringing. Although the food was good the menu was a choice of two starters two mains and no choice for a dessert a kind of like it or lump it attitude on that. The service from some members of staff was most certainly not what I was expecting. On the Saturday whilst eating our evening our meal one of our members noted that he was unhappy with the appearance of his meal and was promptly told to stop whinging accompanied with a hand gesture that most would recognise as being a mans alone time!!. This along with the way in which they treat their eastern European staff in front of the paying guests made for a unpleasant evening.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Teaboy40
East Midlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

Trip 16th/17th September
We were a group of 16 golfers booked in for two nights. Initially we were greeted well and shown to our rooms prior to dinner. The food was very nice but maybe portions on the small side. What was dissapointing was there was no alternative if you didn't like the dessert and when we asked if one or two could have cheese and biscuits they didn't have any.
During dinner one of the party said they had been told the bar was shutting at 10.30. After dinner I approached the Manager about this and he said yes that was correct as there was a wedding the next day he had to prepare for.
I explained that we were a group of 16 who wanted to drink, chat have a game of poker etc to the early hours and it not very good that they were closing at that time.
His response was "I've been on duty since 8 this morning so what do you want me to do?"
Whilst I can understand he was obviously overworked his attitude wasn't good and it I would expect a hotel bar to be open leter than 10.30. Fortunately the second night the bar was open late because they had a wedding on!!
Breakfast was interesting to say the least. There was one "mature" waitress to serve everyone and the golfers coming in to the bar. She was not particularly polite although not downright rude when taking our orders. It did however take the biscuit when she asked one of the party what they wanted. Her response to his comment of whatever you've got was (no word of a lie) "So if I served you a plate of S*** you'd be happy?". She also just laughed when one of the party told her the hot water had run dry and he couldn't gate a cup of tea. On the second day they had run out of baked beans too.

I would certainly like to play the course again and would like to stop at the hotel but unless they can employ the right number of staff and the right type of people then it is a big NO.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank MrBuzz
Bristol, England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

Visited last weekend with 19 other members of our Golf Society.
Firstly, the golf course and Pro Shop staff were all first rate and I would recommend any golfer to try out the facilities.
It just made our treatment by the actual hotel staff even more amazing.
At Saturday nights meal, I was told by one of the waiting staff to stop "Whinging" when I remarked that my Sausage and Mash looked flat in comparrison with my colleagues.
It actually looked as though the plate had been run over!!
When the Dessert arrived, I stated it was a pity that there was no Cream with it.
At this point, one of our party pointed out that the same waitress was making the universal guesture for an Onist.
Iwanted to speak to the management at that point, but was advised to sleep on it by my friends.
Had I have known what was to happen over Breakfast the next morning I wouldnt have done.
I arrived in thet room and discovered that I was the first of our party to arrive.
The other main group in the Hotel were guests from a wedding the previous day.
I was told by a very helpful Eastern European waitress that we were not expected until 8.00, I looked at my watcyh and it was 08.10!
A couple of mates arrived and we were served breakfast.
We ajourned to watch the rugby in the clubhose bar.
15 Minutes later there was screaming and shouting coming from the breakfast room.
The hotel had decided that it was acceptable to have 1 waitress to serve the remainder of our party plus the 16-20 guests from the wedding.
They ran out of food and coffee, most of my party gave up on getting antything to eat.
The most unforgivable aspect though was the way the "duty manager" spoke to the young waitress as though it was all her fault, even though ot was obvously not.
The golf club members who were watching the game with us blanched and were obviously mortified.
To some up, play the course, chat to the Pro, avoid the hotel staff like the plague!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
5 Thank Alnjo
Warwickshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

We visited on a Saturday night and were impressed by the decor, service and quality of food. Staff were attentive but perhaps lacked a little overall direction as several different members of staff approached us in quick succession! However, all were friendly and helpful. Our meal was well presented and the main course of duck was especially delicious.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

Having kept my groupon voucher to use for my husbands birthday meal and also to celebrate the sale of my house called Ingon, I phoned to book a table. A very rude woman answered the phone and told me 'your like hundreds of other voucher people and left it to the last moment-we are fully booked'. When I explained I had planned to use it at this time and 'not left it until the last minute' I was then told 'well youv'e had six months but like everyone else you decide to use it in the last week' The line went dead.
I am shocked at the attitude of the woman and also if this was the case they should have made alternative arrangements as the voucher is still valid.
As a local business woman I lunch and dine out and have always used local restaurants - but not this time. I am often asked for places to go for a meal and I am afraid that N019 will not be on my list, I would hate anyone I know experiencing the welcome I did. In these very poor economic times and local trades trying to survive I would have thought every customer is precious - mine are.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank sandie c
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

We were welcomed on arrival. We ordered drinks and were escorted to a small lounge where our drinks were brought to us. After perusing the excellent menu our order was taken by a very pleasant gentleman. While we were waiting for our starter to be prepared, we were given an apetizer which was very tasty. Our meal was ready. We went through to the dining room with excellent views. The meal was superb. Some reviews state that it is expensive. I say you pay for what you get, and we had the best. It was a very nice evening. I would certainly reccomend Ingon Manor to my friends and I can't wait for our next visit, which will not be too long away.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends