“Will visit regularly” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of HR Coffee Bar

HR Coffee Bar
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: HR Coffee bar an Independent Coffee outlet and catering company based in Stratford upon Avon. We take our food and coffee very seriously and are fully committed to ensuring everything we serve is fresh, home made and offers value for money to our customers. All our foods are produced fresh, daily from our kitchen. We are committed to using only the freshest, locally sourced ingredients which are seasonal. We alter our menu to suit our seasonal produce but retain our classic dishes such as our fresh selection of Homity pies, quiches and salads. We have a large selection of fresh coffees and we use Limini as our house coffee - a blend of Brazilian, El Salvador and Indian beans giving a rich, full bodied, brew which is low in acidity. We have a fantastic selection of cakes, pastries and fresh snacks which are all homemade. In addition to our coffee bar we provide a wide range of corporate and private catering services across Warwickshire.
Warwickshire
“Will visit regularly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

Have been in twice so far. Bit hesitant about adding another positive review as don't want to make it too popular- it is quite small and I want to be able to get a seat! Highly recommend the 'cupcake of the day' I have had banana and raspberry so far. They look good, taste fresh and better than any I have tasted in other coffee shops. Staff very friendly and the coffee guy certainly appears to know his stuff (I don't drink it but my husband was impressed). Not the most picturesque setting but the service and quality means that this will now be my first choice of coffee shop.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank SydneyC101
Dear SydneyC101,

Thank you for your review, it really is great to hear that our cupcakes are so well received! The banana and raspberry ones certainly went quickly, too.

We are ever-so pleased to hear that you've made us your new first-stop, it certainly means that we are going in the right direction.

Thanks again.

Scott (the coffee guy), via David

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent lunchbreak in a feel-good coffee shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

As locals we popped into this coffee shop for a lunch break. It is very cosy and there was only us and one other person in there. The barista was very friendly and attentive. I was surprised that he asked me what kind of coffee I liked and suggested the 'house bean' for my taste which I loved. I also had the millionaire shortbread which was as good as I've tasted anywhere. Prices were not expensive which is a nice surprise based on the quality of product. I also had a taster of the hot chocolate which is based on the barista's own chocolate recipe which I also enjoyed. We certainly plan to visit more often.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank David C
David Jon L, Manager at HR Coffee Bar, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you David C for your fantastic review.

We certainly are very proud of our house coffee and also strive to ensure the best possible fit for each person as we understand that all tastes are different. Scott, our barista works very hard to ensure that every cup is made to the same high standard that he has set.

Thanks, again, for your great review. Always great to meet new locals.

Scott via David
“Closed on Sundays”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Unable to comment on the quality of the establishment, but thought it would be useful to know it appears to be closed on Sundays - we walked across town to find out this weekend.

Visited June 2014
4 Thank Colndave
David Jon L, Owner at HR Coffee Bar, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Dave, so sorry to read your review but thanks for not dropping the standards for us. We decided to close 2 weeks ago but I have been really lazy and not changed my Trip Advisor page. I will do it today and if you are ever in SOA again please do come in and have coffee and cake on me.
England
“Best coffee and snacks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Tripadvisor was correct, best coffee in town. Just don't ask for instant coffee as it's a £50 fine for uttering such an obscenity!

Visited June 2014
Hi bluenose7,

Thanks for the compliment on the coffee, our barista has worked very hard to maintain a very high quality on it. His sense of humor when it comes to coffee does go over some heads, but he wants to pass on thanks for seeing the funny side of it!

Pop in again next time you are in town, I'm sure our coffee guy will have more of his special brand of humor for you!

Regards,

Scott via David
Durham, United Kingdom
“Brilliant for lunch and coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Decided to go for lunch with a work colleague and she'd recommended HR as a great spot for lunch! Their club sandwich is amazing both in size and taste! I'm not a coffee fan but the guy who served us brought us some new coffee that they had in and now i'm a convert! Really lovely atmosphere, great service and lovely to see a fantastic independent coffee shop in Stratford upon Avon! Would definitely recommend!

• Visited June 2014