“Good but less interruptions could have made it great”

Regal Hair & Beauty
More attraction details
Owner description: Please note that we are studios offering the FREE Half Day Experiences. Contact us for details! Spa treatment choices will vary, and we will also be offering a variety of clinical treatments too.We have recently opened a complete range of hair dressing services. These are very reasonably priced, and thus far have been attracting some "rave" reviews (along with our other services) on our Face Book site.
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Good but less interruptions could have made it great”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Had a pamper day bought for me by a friend as part of a groupon deal. It was easy to find (new signs had just been put up apparently) and we were greeted by friendly staff and bubbly on arrival. We were put on power plates for 10 minutes which were fun for a few minutes, but not really relaxing, so to be honest we hopped off them and nattered on the sofa til our next activity. We declined the fish pedicure, and then had a relaxing 1/2 hour or so on massage couches. Our hair and make up was done by lovely friendly staff, and although having photos taken isn't really my thing, the photographer got me to be not so self-conscious quite quickly through her professional and fun approach. As mentioned by another review, it was a bit formulaic - everyone posing in the same way - but I didn't mind that.
What did get annoying was the manager's approach. It may be that he just wanted to make sure that everything was running smoothly, but my friend and I were asked by him at least 10 times during the day if we were having a lovely time - during treatments, during our lunch, during our make-up, during everything really. Then when we were trying to view our photos - which is on a slideshow type arrangement on a projector, so you can't control them to pause, skip etc, he sat with us talking about purchase options so we missed half of them. The sales "patter" completely put us off, he didn't give us a total price only how much certain packages would cost per week (we had no idea if this was each or between us), he had nothing written down to provide us with, and seemed surprised that we might want to consider a bit longer than 10 minutes or so on whether to spend at least £195 for a disk of photos, half of which we weren't able to view because of his spiel. Once we declined to purchase them immediately, we got the impression our day was over and we should be departing.
This is a nice day out, as a bit of fun, with lovely staff. What would have improved it would be knowing prices of photos in advance so we could take out time picking a specific number without feeling rushed into making a decision...and having a slightly less attentive manager!

6 Thank Chokoholik
Dee G, Owner at Regal Hair & Beauty, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Hello, We know that you will see this has been sent to a few people on this review site, but please understand that we have read each review individually. We just wanted to, as heads of a family business, acknowledge our gratitude to you for taking the time to review our business. The staff work so incredibly hard to make people happy and they do understand that they will at times fail to keep 100% of everyone happy as people have various levels of expectations.

You may already know that we do not waste any of your hard earned money on advertising, instead we budget to invite a selected few in to our branches free of charge. it always amazes me when people write reviews that include the word con or rip off, it is hugely upsetting to my family as we are one of the cheapest Medi-Spa's & Salons in the country and we keep our prices so low for our clients and to encourage repeat business through word of mouth. We would never and do not practice hard salesmanship. it is just not our style.

We see negative reviews posted by people in the same industry, and find these most distressing, as we are good solid, hard working people who are kind and decent and would never do this to anyone else. We offer so much for free but we have to remain profitable and we are not ashamed to say we have to make a profit if we are to survive.

We read every single review and put right anything we feel we can for our clients, we listen, and feedback to the teams who then work even harder to make sure we provide the service our clients want. But we are only human.

we are pleased to say that we get it right 95% of the time, and when we do not, we learn from it.
We are just ordinary people, working hard like you. we do not drive fast expensive cars or fly to exotic places (though hopeful, lol). Keith is not on the golf course he starts work at 5am and we are both working until it is very darK. But we hope that this business become a legacy for our children for many years to come.

Thank you so much from Keith and I for showing your support, at a time when companies are going bust all of the time. It has been a hard struggle to set up through the recession these past 4 years but it has helped us become stronger and we never waste money. We really hope to see you again in the future.

Our very best wishes, Dee & Keith Gardner

Coventry, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good day out”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I really didn't know what to expect when we arrived i only knew it was a pamper day. My sister and were greeted by the friendly manager who advised us of what would happen on the day and told that in no way were we to fetch and carry our belongings or stress to what we would be doing as this was against the rules. My sister has been having a rough time of life lately so I thought this may be something that we could do together to relieve some stress which is currently filling our lifes.
The staff couldn't do enough to make our day more injoyable and we had an endless supply of bubbly which we took full advantage off.
I'm personally not the type to have someone doing my hair and make up (control freak) but decided to put my hands in the faith of the make up/hair and manicurest technitions, this luckierly paid off for me as myself and my sister did not stop laughing all day. My sister hates having her picture taken but the photographer put us at ease very quickly and we were able to buy 20 pictures which we loved.

If you want to have a day to laugh and smile alot then suggest you go...........

Visited May 2013
4 Thank catty1786
caithomas44, Public Relations Manager at Regal Hair & Beauty, responded to this review, July 19, 2013

The founder has seen this review and if you provide us with your home address we will send out a gift voucher as a thank you.

Kind regards,

Dee

dee@allyourlife.co.uk
west midlands
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Pamper day”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Wow! what a wonderful experience....... I feel like a celebrity!.....champers, fish pedicure, massage, cream tea, manicure, make-up, hair styling and photo shoot then a private viewing of our photos. We (my husband and I) went yesterday to celebrate our wedding anniversary, as we won the competition that I entered on the 'All your life' website. Chris and the team were all really friendly, the day moved at a very calm and relaxing pace, nothing was to much trouble, the team treated us so well, we were put at ease the minute we walked in. Highly recommended relaxing day :) we will be going again

1 Thank Rebecca D

Kind regards,

Dee

dee@allyourlife.co.uk
Northants
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Could be good...”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband bought a pamper day at this venue for me and a friend as a groupon deal...sadly he did not read the details and belived he had purchased a spa day with massage, mani/pedi...Silly man! We decided to make the best of it and go along for our day to include reception with bubbly, 30 mins on 'massage system', express mani-pedi, make-up and dry styling, photo shoot and lunch. In short, my idea of hell!

On arrival at the venue we were unsure where to go. The venue shares an entrance with a private home which unfortunately has a sign for hairstyling, as the other property had no sign (or indeed sign of life...) we rang the intercom of the private home and got a rather annoyed (rightly so!) house-holder who told us we wanted the other building.

The waiting area was very welcoming with comfy seats, tasteful decor and background music...We hung about for a few minutes unsure where to go as there were no visible staff or means of alerting them to our arrival...Finally the manager arrived, seated us and asked if we would like a drink. He brought us our requested water each and explained how the day would work...We were not greated with the bubbly as expected and felt a bit cheeky to ask for it when 'can I get you ladies a drink' was offered...

We were put on a toning system for 10 mins to 'loosen us up' which was odd and not at all relaxing before being tucked up on the 'massage system' for 30mins...This was much better than I expected, spoilt though by the manager checking in on us half way through to see if we were all right- just as I was relaxing into a snooze!

The make-over ladies then collected us for hair, nails and make-up. The express manicure was a blink and you've missed it file and paint job (leaving us for 10 mins with hand cream on, hands wrapped in a hot towel would be a simple and low cost touch but would make the client feel more 'pampered'...) I loved my hair but my make up was dreadful- I looked 10 years older and devoid of any colour or glow!

We were dreading the photo shoot but the photographer was actually very professional and put us at ease...One criticism would be though that there was nothing geared to the individual in the shoot. On arrival we could see the ladies before us having their shoot and at lunch the ladies after us...the session followed the same plan entirely...The blowing bubbles and pouting at eachother does not work for everyone and definately was not my style...We were assured though that no one but the photographer and ourselves would see the photos...

Lunch was very nice but drink choices were solely tea, coffee, water or orange. Again maybe offering a drinks menu to purchase from separately would improve the overall experience...At this point it was clear that we would be leaving soon. We asked about the express pedicure that was mentioned as part of the package...the staff seemed somewhat surprised and said 'Oh, do you want your toenails painted? Ok we can do that'...We asked about the bubbly we didn't get on arrival and were told 'you only have to ask'...Not really the point!

Lastly we were taken through to the viewing room to see our pictures and decide if we would like to buy any...To our horror the manager (despite being assured that only WE would see our pictures) was there to take us through them...The outcome of this was that we rushed through the photo show and didn't reserve any of them. I feel that if the viewing had been in privacy we would have looked at them longer, talked eachother into which ones were nice and bought a package!! As it was we bought none, the smallest package was £60 for 3 pictures, I couldn't see 3 that I liked put on the spot as we were!

During our photo viewing the manager took the chance to tell us about the company and ask how we heard about it...When we mentioned 'groupon' he rather charmingly told us that this was why we had a bit of waiting around at times as obviously if a 'paying' customer came in he would have to prioritise them over groupon deal customers!!! Lovely! The funny thing was that I didn't feel like we had been waiting around- I actually thought that the day flowed quite well...When it became clear that we were not going to purchase any pictures (and were groupon riff-raff!) he couldn't get rid of us fast enough!

With a few tweaks this could be a very good day out...not for me though...

15 Thank AM-Nhants