“"Excellent service and exactly what we were looking for"”

Loxley's Restaurant & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Loxley's Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Loxley’s Restaurant & Wine Bar is an independently owned, family run business based in the heart of Stratford-upon-Avon.
Dorking, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Excellent service and exactly what we were looking for"”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We found Loxleys on the internet and hadn't booked but they fitted us in in the Snug, Pre theatre. Very pleasant ambiance and interesting decor. Excellent staff - perfect blend of friendliness and information. Very good food, freshly made and pleasingly served. Very reasonably priced. A most enjoyable meal.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Janie E
John L, Owner at Loxley's Restaurant & Wine Bar, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Janie E.

An excellent review - Thank you.

You have confirmed that in terms of our own internal service level agreement that we have in place for the benefit of our guests we have ticked all of the boxes in this review,which is most pleasing.

Ambiance,decor,staff,service,food quality and value for money,all get the thumbs up from you.

I hope you wont mind , I would like to feature this review in our Staff training sessions as it will be most useful.

We hope that we may have the pleasure of your company again on future visits to Stratford Upon Avon.

Kind Regards

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and service”
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

The new kid on the block in a street awash with restaurants but more than holding it's own. Food consistently good, hospitality and service first class. Certainly worth a visit.

Dear Paul L.

Thank you for this great review.

I like your terminology ! you are correct ,we are after all still only 18 months old and I have to say it has been both the fastest 18 months and possibly the most enjoyable period for myself, in so much as Loxley's has provided the opportunity for myself personally to meet so many guests ,to work with such a fantastic team of people ,all of whom,genuinely enjoy what Loxley's has to offer our valued guests.

You have been very complimentary thank you.

We all look forward to seeing you again soon we hope.

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Fantastic service and food!”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We went here for our anniversary. The service was attentive and we even got complimentary bubbly. All the meals were served promptly and the quality of the food could not be faulted. Everything was cooked perfectly and tasted wonderful.

• Visited May 2014
John L, Owner at Loxley's Restaurant & Wine Bar, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear 314 Paul.

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your wedding anniversary at Loxley's recently.

I am pleased that you had a lovely time with us,enjoying your chosen dishes and service.

As you are a Local,we hope that we may see you again soon and thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Can I take this opportunity to wish you both many more years of good health & happiness together.

“Wonderful atmosphere”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We enjoyed a lovely dinner here. Service was efficient and friendly and both courses tasted good. We liked the fact that the restaurant was separated into a number of small rooms. This provide a much more intimate atmosphere than one large room.

• Visited May 2014
Dear Liz G.

Thank you for choosing to dine with us at Loxley's during your recent visit to Stratford.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed not only your chosen dishes but also that of the atmosphere and layout of Loxley's.

Please consider us again when you are next in the area,you would be most welcome.

John.
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Place, Fantastic Food, Fantastic Staff”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I had been recommended to visit when in Stratford and as it was our wedding anniversary I booked for a special meal for the 2 of us. What a delight it was, the food was amazing, the tapas sharer to start with. My wife then had the liver whilst I had the rump steak. Again absolutely superb. Pudding was squeezed in as I needed to try the Mango Cheesecake, my wife the Eton Mess, yummy!! All washed down with a lovely bottle of Prosecco. We were also given an anniversary card from the staff, a really nice touch.
All through the evening we were looked after by Simona who was excellent, thank you.
The meal was so good that we popped back for breakfast a couple of days later, again the food was amazing and excellent value
Thank you for making our visit so special, we will be visiting again very soon and will without doubt recommend to anyone who is visiting the area.

• Visited June 2014
John L, Owner at Loxley's Restaurant & Wine Bar, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Jingler 24.

Thank you for such a lovely review of your time at Loxley's.

Please pass on my thanks to whoever recommended that you visit us whilst in the area.

I am very pleased that on such a special occasion you chose Loxley's and enjoyed your time with us.You have been very complimentary and Simona sends her thanks to you.

That leaves me only to wish you both many more years of good health & happiness together.

John.