“Fantastic service and food!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Loxley's Restaurant & Wine Bar

Loxley's Restaurant & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Loxley's Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: European, British, Wine Bar, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Loxley’s Restaurant & Wine Bar is an independently owned, family run business based in the heart of Stratford-upon-Avon.
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Fantastic service and food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

We went here for our anniversary. The service was attentive and we even got complimentary bubbly. All the meals were served promptly and the quality of the food could not be faulted. Everything was cooked perfectly and tasted wonderful.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
John L, Owner at Loxley's Restaurant & Wine Bar, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear 314 Paul.

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your wedding anniversary at Loxley's recently.

I am pleased that you had a lovely time with us,enjoying your chosen dishes and service.

As you are a Local,we hope that we may see you again soon and thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Can I take this opportunity to wish you both many more years of good health & happiness together.

John

• Polish first
“Wonderful atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

We enjoyed a lovely dinner here. Service was efficient and friendly and both courses tasted good. We liked the fact that the restaurant was separated into a number of small rooms. This provide a much more intimate atmosphere than one large room.

• Visited May 2014
Dear Liz G.

Thank you for choosing to dine with us at Loxley's during your recent visit to Stratford.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed not only your chosen dishes but also that of the atmosphere and layout of Loxley's.

Please consider us again when you are next in the area,you would be most welcome.

Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Place, Fantastic Food, Fantastic Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

I had been recommended to visit when in Stratford and as it was our wedding anniversary I booked for a special meal for the 2 of us. What a delight it was, the food was amazing, the tapas sharer to start with. My wife then had the liver whilst I had the rump steak. Again absolutely superb. Pudding was squeezed in as I needed to try the Mango Cheesecake, my wife the Eton Mess, yummy!! All washed down with a lovely bottle of Prosecco. We were also given an anniversary card from the staff, a really nice touch.
All through the evening we were looked after by Simona who was excellent, thank you.
The meal was so good that we popped back for breakfast a couple of days later, again the food was amazing and excellent value
Thank you for making our visit so special, we will be visiting again very soon and will without doubt recommend to anyone who is visiting the area.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
John L, Owner at Loxley's Restaurant & Wine Bar, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Jingler 24.

Thank you for such a lovely review of your time at Loxley's.

Please pass on my thanks to whoever recommended that you visit us whilst in the area.

I am very pleased that on such a special occasion you chose Loxley's and enjoyed your time with us.You have been very complimentary and Simona sends her thanks to you.

That leaves me only to wish you both many more years of good health & happiness together.

bournemouth
“Fine Dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

I'd booked a 2 night stay in Stratford - upon - Avon for my boyfriends birthday. As I have never visited before, I trusted Tripadvisors reviews and booked a table at Loxleys. Neither of us were disappointed. The food was delicious - we both had scallops with a pea puree and black pudding for our starters, fillet steak for main and a sharing platter of desserts. I cannot fault any course, it was all cooked to perfection.
The staff were friendly and attentive. My only criticism is, when I booked, I made it clear that it was my boyfriends birthday and was told that they would make a note of this. I'd hoped that they might have made a bit of a fuss of him, but it wasn't mentioned once. Something as simple as a candle in his dessert would have made his birthday that little bit more special.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear S Dorset.

Thank you for taking the time to let us have this lovely review.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your chosen dishes from starters,mains through to dessert and thank you for your compliments on our food and service.

However ,we did slip up a little in the communication department which I would like to say sorry for, even though you enjoyed your food and service ,we will have taken some of the enjoyment off the occasion due to a simple mis communication issue ( no note on your booking ) informing us it was your boy friends Birthday .Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I hope that It did not spoil your evening and perhaps when you are next in the area you would like to call back in to Loxley's and mention this review.

Warwick
“Can't wait for a dinner visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Have only popped in here for a morning coffee but it's lovely. Great staff, lovely atmosphere and decor and two very well made coffees served in the window for people watching galore. The food menu looks amazing and we will definitely be heading there for a meal very soon. Check it out!

Visited May 2014
Dear Lottie Fox.

Thank you for taking the time to let us have your valued feedback.

I am pleased that you feel comfortable when you join us for Morning Coffee and that you enjoy sitting, relaxing, and watching the world go by.

Whenever you wish to dine at Loxley's , we will be delighted for you to join us.

Until then,please keep enjoying your mornings with us.