“Excellent food, service and atmosphere”

Loxley's Restaurant & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Loxley's Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Loxley’s Restaurant & Wine Bar is an independently owned, family run business based in the heart of Stratford-upon-Avon.
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We ate here with friends yesterday after they stumbled across it durning the day. The owner was in the bar and welcomed us all individually and even paid for our first round of drinks!! The bar area is small, but worked really well.

All of the staff were attentive and polite and we didn't feel hurried.

There are several eating areas, 3 upstairs and 2 downstairs. Downstairs offers more atmosphere, and upstairs more privacy, so you can tailor your evening.

The food was superb, and good value. The four if us had starters, a main course and 2 bottles of good wine, which cost us £70 a couple before the tip.

All in all I would highly recommend this restaurant, or even somewhere for a quick drink during the day. We will certainly be returning.

1  Thank Louise_S_Baker
John L, Owner at Loxley's Restaurant & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Louise S Baker.

Thank you for your lovely review.

It was a pleasure for me to be In Loxley's at the time that your friends had dropped by for a quick drink,having looked at the menu they then decided to book a table for that evening for the four of you.

I was In the bar area with friends and regulars when you arrived which gave me the opportunity to share a drink with you and for us to have a brief chat which I enjoyed before you went to your table.

I am so pleased that you all had such a nice time with us at Loxley's and thank you for such a detailed review describing our different rooms the atmosphere,food and service that you received,and most importantly, that you say you will return.

Very many thanks,we look forward to seeing you all again soon,until then.

Kind Regards

John

Write a ReviewReviews (3,019)

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Great Sunday breakfast once again - the dog loves your place too! Keep up the good work, we will be back!

Dear Tricky Traveller 123.

And what an Impressive traveller you are !! I was fascinated by your travel miles and countries you have visited,a 3rd of the world travelled !! with some pretty Impressive review along the way.

Thank you for visiting Loxley's for Breakfast ( along with your dog ) I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit so much.

Our little snug or bar area is Ideal for those guests wishing to visit Loxley's with their well behaved four legged friends.

We look forward to seeing you again soon ( providing you are not off travelling again ! )

Thank you for taking the time to let us have your valued review.

Kind Regards

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my wife live in SUA and have used Loxleys many times since they opened....

I have to compliment the team once again on some exemplary food and hospitality.

I visited with four of my family on New Year's Day in the evening and had a most enjoyable experience

The food was stunning: I opted for the full rack of ribs with slaw, corn and fries and it was great. My wife had the Seabass and again this was stunning.

My cousins order reed the burger which has to be the best In Stratford!

There was both Peroni and Old Hooky on Draught and both excellent.

The owner was as friendly as ever and made time to talk to each of my guests which made the visit even more special.

Best restaurant on Sheep Street.... The end.

Cheers

John L, Owner at Loxley's Restaurant & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Dear Hospitality Gav 007.

Thank you for returning to Loxley's again and also for introducing your family members to Loxley's.

I am very pleased that we delivered on your expectations,and your compliments are very generous- thank you.

It is always a pleasure for myself to meet as many guests as I can during their visit to Loxley's and to discuss how they have rated their experience with us , also to enquire if we can Improve in how we do what we do. Especially rewarding are your compliments, as you are someone with so much experience and knowledge of our Industry.

We look forward to seeing you again soon and throughout 2014 .

Kind regards

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I am a regular visitor to Stratford and thought I would try this restaurant having read the reviews on trip advisor. I had a coffee at the restaurant and booked for an evening meal the following day. I was asked for a £20 deposit to secure the table which I thought a bit strange as I have never been asked to provide a deposit before in a restaurant.

When I arrived at the restaurant I was shown to the worst table in the restaurant as it was near the kitchens,crammed in,looking over another table and the waiting staff seem to congregate behind us talking. The food was good but the service was well under par as we were left waiting and no one came to ask us if everything was okay. The person who took our order couldn't have cared less apart from saying I should have a large glass of wine when I ordered a small one. The restaurant was busy but this is no excuse for bad service and the waiting staff were either congregating at the bar or talking behind us. I asked for the bill and to add insult to injury the £20 had not been deducted from the final bill,needless to say I did not leave a tip.

I would advise anyone if they visited Stratford to go to El Greco which should be No 1 as the staff were very friendly and know how to look after their customers.

6  Thank jane444779

Dear Jane 444779.

A one star review ! and a review full of contradiction ! from a person who has only ever made this one review ! who seems to be quite upset that Loxley's is No 1 on Trip Advisor !

Very briefly let me elaborate, all of my team are always aware of any complaints within the Restaurant,these are always raised and dealt with by the manager. They are very few in number. He is not aware of your complaint. nor are any of the team at all !

You are quite vague with some of your detail and very Inaccurate with other detail for example "the Restaurant was busy yet the Staff congregated behind you " had you dined in Loxley's It is Impossible to stand behind the table that you say you sat at as there is no standing room. you are also very vague in describing the actual location of the table. Also I can assure you that our staff have no time to congregate at all as they are far too busy to do so. and they all have their own separate sections ! they never stand together !

Not a single member of our staff are aware of any person calling in for a coffee booking a table ! for the following day ! all of these details would be entered onto our system ! nothing there !

You will have heard that we do take a £10 per head deposit for busy nights (fully refundable against your bill ) ! I am surprised that you have never experienced this before as I myself paid £20 per head for a restaurant for a Saturday Lunchtime not Dinner time ,Lunch time for 6 of my family 3 weeks ago in a restaurant.I was quite happy to do so, as It secured the booking !deducted against my final bill,and is becoming quite common place for quality establishments.

I really doubt that you have ever stepped foot in Loxley's Restaurant and have some sinister reason for this review,however I challenge you to call Into Loxley's ask for myself or a manager and show us the table that you say you sat at ! If you do I will be pleased to donate £100 to our Local Hospice Charity that we are currently supporting.

In the meantime,as we have no knowledge of you,your complaint,and the name dropping of a competitor,I must Inform you that I have reported this review to Trip Advisor.

Yours

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Living in Stratford we are spoilt for restaurants, however, Loxley’s always exceeds our expectations. Having spent a few nights over the festive season, including New Years Eve, we have always received quality service from all the staff, fantastic food and a great atmosphere.
It is great to see the Loxley team working together to deliver exceptional attention to detail all of the time.
Well done and a big thank you to you all
See you again soon
Gary and Rosie

Dear Rosie K.

How nice of you to let us have your feedback having visited Loxley's over the festive period.

I am very pleased that you hold us in such high regard and thank you for your kind words on our food service and on how well our team work together .

New Years Eve was a fantastic night,several team members have spoken to me since and also on the night and said that the atmosphere was great and that they felt like they were not at work.
However it's the guests that make it,and I am so pleased that you contributed by being part of the celebrations with us.

We look forward to seeing you again throughout 2014 and wish you both the very best of health & happiness.

Kind regards