“Brilliant Greek food”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Visited in the first week of January and had the December set menu. It was great food, great service and came at great value. Had visited previously nearer to the time when the restaurant opened, and this re-visit was due to a good experience but was even more impressed this time. I had calamari, chicken souvlaki and baklava and would recommend all of the dishes. The chicken Athena was also very good when I tried it last time. My boyfriend had lamb and it was cooked perfectly. Everything very authentic and lovely flavours. Will be visiting again!

1  Thank Livvy C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,779)

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Greek restaurants are few and far between locally, so luckily this one has turned out to be really good.I understand the restaurant is failry new, and certainly inside is it really nicely decorated and presented.
The staff could not have been more friendly - the lasy who took my booking over the phone even came over and introduced herself.
The food was excellent - we all had the meze, and were so stuffed at the end we had to bring the dessert home with us! I had the house white wine (a suavignon I think) and it was really good.
My only tiny criticism - I happen to judge restaurants on their chips - homemade earning massive brownie points - but the chips here were very average (frozen?) chips, which was a shame because most of the other dishes had a homemade feel.
It's not the cheapest place to eat - the meze was £25 a head - but for a special occasion I would not hesitate to recommend El Greco.
And if you go, check out the blinging 'Las Vegas' style toilets - not very Greek but quirky!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I took the family thier at very short notice and to the credit of the owner she managed to get us a table. The food is very very good the staff could not be more helpfull.

i would give it a try if you are looking for good food at a good price.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I celebrated my birthday here in December with around 10 friends.

The staff had decorated the table with balloons and made a real effort to make us feel welcome - a wonderful touch. We all had the three courses for £16.50 option (party menu), which was incredible. I was stuffed! Personally I had the trio of dips (tzatziki, taramasalata and houmous), followed by an enormous portion of stifado, topped off with baklava and honey ice cream. Could not fault it!

I used to work in Chania (Crete) and am forever pining for some proper authentic greek food - well, this was it, and I will be returning again and again as soon as my obligatory New Year diet is out the way!!

If you live in Stratford or are just visiting - you really must check it out x

1  Thank tropicaltease
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Booked a table To celebrate My wife's Birthday. When booking Was asked what the occasion Was. On arrival was shown To table decorated with balloons . The food & service Was superb. Where made welcome through out the evening. Will visit again without doubt..

2  Thank pumpman16