We spent a lovely weekend at the College Arms 11-13 October. Taking advantage of their 3 for 2 offer, we stayed 3 nights for the price of 2! We picked this Inn because it was dog friendly, of historical interest and near to places where we could take the dog for lots of lovely walks. On arrival a very friendly barman showed us to our room - Magdelene - the King Size four poster bed absolutely dominated the space but the room was beautiful, comfortable and provided us with everything we needed for the weekend. Having made us feel very welcome, the staff set about making our stay as comfortable as possible. Most of our meals were taken in the Henry restaurant, and because we didn't want to leave our Poppy (the dog) alone, an inglenook away from the other diners was reserved for us. The meals were absolutely awesome, all credit to the chef I have to say. As for the hosts and the remaining staff, we were treated like absolute royalty for the duration of our stay, everyone loved Poppy, nothing was too much trouble and table service with all costs going onto our room so that we could settle up at the end of the weekend and not have to worry about carrying cash.
The College Arms itself is a lovely old building full of the character expected of a building of its time, the current owners have been very sympathetic with the décor and furnishings, a real treat to spend time their plus with this being the only pub in Lower Quinton, it wont be long before the fabulous locals are offering helpful insight into the local area.
Straight ahead, a short walk away is the church of St.Quinton, to the back of which is a kissing gate, the beginning of a local public footpath, with a bit of ingenuity, you can follow the path to Moen Hall, which we did, in the pouring rain on the last day of our stay having pieced the route together over the previous two days - well worth the saturation.
I suspect that we will be going back someday soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family friendly, traditional and charming pub set in the village of Lower Quinton, Stratford upon Avon.The Pub was owned by King Henry the VIII in the sixteenth Century and still bears his hallmark. Serving real ales, refreshing beers, ciders and wines with something to suit everyone's taste. You can enjoy delicious and freshly prepared food 7 days a week from fresh salads, pizzas, fresh fish dishes, steaks and not forgetting our popular Sunday roast. We have live entertainment every month with great live music and our fun quiz night and seasonal events. For those looking to extend their visit we offer spacious and comfortable accommodation with en-suite facilities and a delicious breakfast is included in every booking. We offer a complimentary shuttle service from Stratford upon Avon Rail or Bus Station. Function hire is available for anyone looking to celebrate a special occasion with family and friends, please feel free to contact us with your enquiry. We look forward to seeing you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your The College Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The College Arms Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- The College Arms Stratford-Upon-Avon, England