Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon Waterways Hotel
suffolk
“great stay”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We have just returned from 3 nights at this Premier Inn. We like this chain, always choose them if possible , and we were delighted with this one. When I asked for a room with a better view of the canal, room 139 was organised and it was perfect for us. A view up the lock, sunset and moon in the morning, so pretty. Spotlessly clean,well insulated , good air conditioning . Staff lovely , very polite, professional and accommodating of any request- eg bread and butter at dinner, a bit of cheeses at breakfast, ordering a taxi, improving our room to suit our needs ! Our friends are staying there next month, so they will be feeling very positive when we tell them about our experience. Car parking was reasonably priced and the walk into the centre was short and pleasant .

Room Tip: room 139/239/339 for a wide view up the canal
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul L, Manager at Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon Waterways Hotel, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments following your recent stay here at Stratford Upon Avon Waterways Premier Inn. It is always very pleasing to see our guests take the time to leave a review. We pride ourselves on clean, comfortable and affordable accommodation and excellent service, so I am very happy to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Stratford Upon Avon Waterways Premier Inn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

From the moment we arrived, the staff couldn't do enough to help us and make our break special. I requested a quiet room overlooking the canal which they arranged. We ate a great tasting pizza on our first night having booked a table using the text option-again there was a lovely waiter. Breakfasts were the usual great standard and we were offered a window seat with a canal view on both mornings.

I really don't mind the £3 per day car park charge- the price of the accommodation more than makes up for it. We will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Stratford-Upon-Avon- 10 minutes walk to RSC and the main attractions.

Thankyou very much to all the staff members working on 19-21st January!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much indeed for your wonderful review of Stratford Upon Avon Waterways Premier Inn. I am so pleased to read that you had a "fantastic" stay and that the team looked after you very well. Keep a look out for more great offers from Premier Inn.
The team and myself look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Oxford
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I recently stayed for 2 nights at the Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon (The Waterways), with my partner and our young son.
On arrival we parked in the attached parking, this parking is chargeable at £3 per day. Check in was quick and easy and we were soon in our room.
The room was the standard Premier Inn offering, with a decent bed, bathroom, TV. Everything was clean and tidy. We also had a cot for our son.

We had problems on our first night with a loud noise, which I thought was either a heating system or an extractor fan. The noise came on for 30 seconds, off for 30 seconds and repeated for a couple of hours. By about midnight I had had enough and decided to speak to reception. The night staff member I spoke with came down the corridor where my room was, agreed he could hear it outside of the room and that it wasn't acceptable, or explainable. He moved us to another room which was silent within 20 minutes, refunded the price of the room for the night and gave both me and my partner free breakfast for the morning. I was so impressed with how well he dealt with the issue. Customer service like this makes the world of difference in my opinion.

Breakfast was the usual Premier Inn standard, plenty of choice for both continental and cooked. All seemed freshly cooked / prepared. The restaurant was clean and well managed by the numerous staff on hand. The main man at breakfast appeared to be a guy called Hutch, he seated us, took time to speak to everyone, and came across as a really genuine guy. He remembered us the second morning and again looked after us. Top man.

The hotels location is about a 10 minute walk into town and all of its attractions. As everything we wanted was located in the town centre, our car didn't move until we left for home.

I have stayed in Premier Inns before and always felt they represented excellent value for money. This hotel again ticked all the boxes, but also added excellent customer service when we required it.

I would certainly recommend this hotel, and would look to stay here again when I return to Stratford upon Avon.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I was sorry to hear about the noise you encountered on your 1st night but happy to read further that the team managed this well and you continued your stay with us in good conditions. We guarantee a good night's sleep to all our guests and I am delighted that, despite the initial noise issue, you enjoyed your stay here and the team looked after you well.
We hope to welcome you back at the Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon Waterways in the near future.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Yet again, Premier Inn delivers on everything you need from the value hotel market - this is the best Premier Inn I have stayed in to date and to be honest, the bar is set pretty high! Extremely clean, very good service from everyone, easy to check in and out, great location, the restaurant was also clean, modern and lovely for just a drink or full dinner, wonderful hot breakfast and of course the location, on the canal side - absolutely nothing to complain about. I travel extensively with work, probably staying in over 30+ hotels during the year around the world and honestly, on cleanliness, service and price, Premier Inn comes first every time. Congratulations to everyone involved!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Stratford Upon Avon Waterways Premier Inn. Our aim is to provide excellent service, food and accommodation yet remain price fair so I am glad you felt our restaurant and hotel provided good value for money.
I will be sharing your comments with the whole team.
We look forward to having you stay with us next time you're in town.
Catral, Spain
Reviewed January 16, 2014

After spending Christmas Day in Stratford we stayed overnight at this hotel & glad we did. Nothing was too much trouble for the Manager & Staff. I am sure that they all would have preferred to be elsewhere but it didn't show in the friendly service we experienced. As for the breakfast on Boxing Day!!! Again, it could not be faulted with plenty of fresh, hot food available all served with a friendly smile. Well done everyone. I will certainly recommend you to anyone wanting to stay in Stratford.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Paul L, Manager at Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon Waterways Hotel, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Thank you so much for writing such a positive review following your recent stay over the festive period at our hotel. Its wonderful to hear that you had a fantastic stay and your kind comments will be passed onto the whole team.
Hope to welcome you back soon.
buckinghamshire, england
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I Am a Regular user of Premier inns so it was a natural choice to book a nights stay at stratford waterway Premier Inn Last Saturday 11th January, to attend a wedding reception in Stratford Town centre .
What a hotel , Really friendly staff , the reception and check in good and the two staff on duty in reception JUNE, & LIAM were both Friendly and Helpful. I asked for directions to a hotel in town and Liam went out of his way to direct me and even sorted out a map. The Town Centre walking is about 5 Minutes , directions were good . My room looked out onto the main road and i worried that the traffic or passing people may disturb me . However the double glazing is good and i can say not once did i hear any noise from street level . So a good sleep was had and then in Morning a very good Breakfast, with once again friendly staff one of which was JUNE from the night before on reception. June showed me to my seat explained how breakfast works and checked on how i was doing later on in Breakfast.
A really excellent stay, excellent staff , and good clean standard Premier Inn room and excellent breakfast . A good experience and i shall be staying again sometime in future. Well done all the Staff your a credit to Premier Inns, and, deserve credit as hotel work can be hard with little praise. Well done all at Stratford waterway

Room Tip: get your car parking ticket before checking in as it will save walking back to car again
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your wonderful comments, compliments and 5 star review!
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Stratford Upon Avon Waterways Premier Inn and reception team gave you a warm welcome. I was also delighted to read that found our accommodation to be of a high standard and you had an ''excellent breakfast''.
The team and myself look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night. great location. Good service and great value.
Was made to feel very welcome and would definitely recommend this hotel. Will be staying again in the future. If your going to stat in stratford give this hotel a try

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ghostie10
Many thanks for posting such a great review following your recent stay at the Stratford Upon Avon Waterways Premier Inn. It's great news to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and would recommend us to others.
Hope to welcome you back soon.