“Great location.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon Waterways Hotel
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Great location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

What a great hotel this is. It is only a few minutes walk from Shakespeare’s house and the main shops, attractions etc.
We parked right outside the reception area and did not have to move the car for the 2 days of our stay, as everything is close by. Parking charge is only £1 per day for guests.
The room was really nice, as we would expect from a Premier Inn.
The hotel is typical of the chain and is fantastic value for the amount you pay. I think that you could expect to pay twice the price for a hotel of this quality.
The meal deal is fantastic value, £22 each for a three-course meal, a pint of beer and a full breakfast the next morning.
All in all it was another great stay at a Premier Inn.
Hope this review was helpful.

2 Thank ukdryver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
Dartford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

This hotel is located within a 10minute walk of the centre of Stratford. Rooms are clean and fairly spacious and the air conditioning is very efficient so the room was at a very comfortable temperature. Despite being on a fairly busy road there is very little traffic noise to be heard inside the hotel.
My only gripe would be that there was a lot of noise from the room above caused simply by the occupants walking backwards and forwards in the room. That they did this from 22.30 - 23.30 and 05.15 - 06.15 was I suppose my bad luck. Therefore I would recommend asking for a room on the top floor. I suggested to the management that a bit more sound insulation between floors could be considered.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Buxton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Just stayed here for 2 nights.Had booked early on line for £39 per night (walk~in price £79 that night).It is has only been open 5 months and has 130 rooms and is an impressive canal side new build.
After booking I rang to ask for a room with canal views but was told its not possible to reserve a room with PI but 'a note' is made of your preference and if possible they will oblige, I therefore didnt really expect to get what I asked for as it seems to be a case of 1st come 1st choice on the day & we didnt expect to arrive early. However to our delight we were allocated room 333 which does not look directly over the canal but is a side room with a view right down the canal and is almost over a lock, so you have a birds~eye view of all the narrowboats coming and going.
We went by train and it is only a short walk to PI, i.e go down the station approach, 1st left at the traffic lights, on to the next set of lights and left again. A 10min walk max.
To get to town it is easier to follow the tow~path (past the lock and under the bridge) and it is then a 15/20min pleasant stroll which brings you out at Stratford boat basin by the theatre. If you want you can leave the towpath by the Red Lion pub (I think its called) by going up the steps near the bridge, there is a sign there that says town~centre and you end up closer to the shops.
Being almost brand new this PI rivals many up~market hotels in design and facilities. As always the rooms were spotless, bedding crisp clean and whiter than white, bathrooms have modern square sinks with uni~tap.There is air~conditioning which was very effective,but as a result you cannot open the windows at all and if you dont want the (very low) hum of the unit when watching TV or sleeping it means you cannot get any fresh air in the room.
Each evening we had the 2 (mains) for £10 deal (only up to 6pm) there is a limited choice but something from every section on the main menu. We expected smaller portions as is often the case on these 'early~doors' meals but it wasnt so, and we didnt need the extras we ordered just in case.The dining room/bar leads out to a pleasant patio with tables and seating and is right at the side of the canal and is lovely to sit with a coffee/drink and watch the boats go by (AND was a real sun~trap from midday onwards..yes! it was sunny)
We could see that if it were full there may not be enough car parking (both at the front and round the side) but it was very reasonably priced at £1 per day for PI guests (never seen all~day parking for a £1 anywhere before).
The staff were all very pleasant, informed and helpful. There is never enough tea/coffee in the rooms for us but when we asked for more we were given a small bag full of extras. The ONLY criticism we had was that the kettle is plugged in facing you in the very corner of the TV unit so it is difficult to take it off its base without tipping it forward slightly to edge it out, twice I flipped the lid whilst I fiddled with it which ofcourse lets out the steam so care is needed especially if it is full. Otherwise, dont think we could have stayed anywhere better or if we had it would have been 4/5 times the price. Would go back anytime we were there.

Room Tip: It is worth ringing even if you book on line to state your preference as clearly they do make a note...
2 Thank janetj589
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Great Hotel Great Location the hotel was full when we stayed but we managed to get a meal in the restraunt were the staff were very helpfull and frendily,
not much parking that was my only gripe and that we booked 2 rooms and had to pay for each room seperately which incures extra charge for anyone using a credit card from abroard.
but the room was very clean modern 5 stars

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank quo1
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

a five night stay including bank holiday monday. yes it was busy but staff coped very well being courteous and helpful. room is clean and functional which suits us fine. canalside location 10 minute walk into town cente. ample car parking at £1 a night. special thanks to Ashley who looked after us at breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank wootton56
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

Rooms are fine, quite new. Location is a good 30 min stroll from the centre but it was a nice saunter down the canal towpath in the sunshine to get there. Breakfast was good, hot and not noisy but then we went early , about 8am, as we left it was busier so I would say don't sleep in. Hotel staff very friendly, I am not sure I stayed at the same place as the earlier reviewer. I can't fault them and it was my first premier inn stay.

It is a pound to park your car at night.

My only fault is that I booked via Quidco, which Premier Inn have decides not to honour which I think is very short sighted of them and I have knocked down my marking because of this as it has left a bitter taste. I just think it petty as I only booked due to the deal they offered on there so I will think twice before coming back.

Room Tip: The premier inn in Stratford central is better located, especially if you are a women on your own or...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Peterstow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

I booked a disabled room for two nights in August 2012 for my wife and I. On arrival I had to park in the drop off layby, the hotel staff said I could leave it there for the whole of our 2 night stay. It was a good thing I could leave it there, if I had moved it, within 1/2 a minute another car would have been in it's place. It would have been impossable for me to have walked the distance from the main car park to the hotel. Our son who lives in Stratford (as we did for 40 years) drove us around so we didn't have to move our car.
We were alocated a disabled room with a wet room, overlooking the canal. I suffer from panic
attacks as well as other medical conditions. The first thing I tried to do on entering our bedroom was to open the window. To my surprise the windows had no handles to them, only a restaining strap which would could only be opened with a key held by the management.
I comlained at reception and asked to see the manager, who wouldn't come out to talk to me
but told the staff member to tell me 'That is what the air-con is for' I pointed out air-con only ajusts the temprature and does not give fresh air into your face if you have a panic attack in a small spaced room. The staff were quite happy to talk about the pros & cons at any time, but were told 'Do not open the windows'. After two very worrying and uncomfortable nights, on the
Monday our day of departure I went to reception to claim on there promise of money back if you don't have a good nights sleep. The staff were already with the details and refunded my
total amount without any fuss at all.
Since retuning home I E-mailed Warwickshire Fire Service asking about the legal Health & Safety aspect. I was told as long as the corridoors & lifts are kept clear that is all that's required. No mention about if you can't get to your room door and the room fills with smoke what then???
As this was a brand new hotel we thought we'd give it a try, what a mistake.
It's back to the trusted Travelodge 500 yards up the road for us again from now on. We've
used it since it opened 4 or 5 years ago and never had a single problem with it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple