Bannatyne Health Club & Spa Wildmoor
Review Highlights
Great Spa Day

I booked a spa day for my husbands's birthday through Groupon which included full use of the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
parm12018
Nice spa day

First things first, I think people set their hopes a bit high when booking a spa day at a health... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
dej1978
West Midlands, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Stratford-upon-Avon
from $19.14
from $19.14
from $28.72
More Info
All reviews steam room pool area relaxation room spa days rasul treatment hot stone massage lovely relaxing day treatment times birthday treat salt scrub lovely products elemis products gym equipment lovely spa couples spa head massage minute treatment
Selected filters
Reviewed May 16, 2019 via mobile

I treated my friend for her birthday and we we’re not disappointed at all, the staff we’re lovely and really helpful.Katie did my treatments and she was fantastic and very friendly.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed May 8, 2019 via mobile

Me and my cousin booked this spa for my cousins birthday, we booked through Wowcher. A few days before I was panicked by the awful reviews I read on here, however fear not!

We arrived, car park was spacious, didn’t struggle to find a space at all. We were greeted at main reception and given our spa bags with towels, robes, flip flops etc. £10 deposit was taken but was refunded at the end.

We were shown to the spa reception where we filled in our details then given a tour of the spa which was thorough and helpful.

The lockers were easy to use and explained really well on the tour. Plenty of lockers to go around. The changing room area was clean and had a supply of hairdryers.

We made our way to the pool area before our treatments. There were a lot of beds to go around and we absolutely loved the hammocks and beds with heat lamps above them! From previous reviews people said the sunbeds, towels and robes were tatty and roped, I saw no such thing. Sunbeds had cushions and pillows too.

We made our way to the relaxation room to wait for our treatments, it was clean and tidy with a supply of water. We were called in to our treatment. I had a back massage, facial and arm and hand massage all which were great. Really relaxing, didn’t feel rushed at all.

We also had lunch while at the spa. Both had jacket potato’s with two toppings. Reasonably priced at £8.95. Drinks and other snacks were available too.

We were also booked in for a skin consultation with Sarah Jane an Elemis specialist. She was lovely! Really knew her stuff and was a pleasure to chat with! She also did us some great deals on some products!

Overall I was rather worried what to expect from this spa from all the negative reviews but I can say I would definitely come again and 100% recommend.

Date of experience: May 2019
2  Thank Jessica C
Reviewed May 5, 2019

We purchased a Spa Day at the Wildmoor, one of the Bannatyne premier locations, via Wowcher. The package consisted of use of the facilities, 3 treatments each totalling 40 mins, a £5 voucher and a complimentary spa product, each, to take away.

The facilities were lovely and my friend & I, who visit Spas on a regular basis, were arranging our return visit however, we then had the treatments. They were rushed, totalled about 30 minutes treatment time and I was asked to get dressed after 2 of the treatments and wait in the relaxation area where another therapist would collect me for my third treatment. Not relaxing and the actual treatments felt rushed and were really not up to scratch.

No mention was made of the £5 voucher or complimentary products. We asked for them upon leaving and were told both were subject to availability and both were not available. We made a complaint, via Wowcher. The response, from Bannatynes, was we should have read the fine print, the products weren’t available. I advised I was happy for the items to be posted to me - no reply. I also asked how many people actually received the complimentary products, advertised as part of the offer. No reply other than read the fine print.

In summary: great facilities; poor treatments; non-existent customer services.

Needless to say we won’t be going back. Worse spa experience we have had.

4  Thank Ellabella208
Reviewed April 28, 2019

I booked a groupon deal for my sister and I including lunch and a treatment each. Apparently this Bannatyne Spa is a 'premium' facility and therefore taking the groupon package at this one rather than other Bannatyne Spa's means you have to pay more for certain things and there are differences in the package. Therefore we got lunch (which was very nice) but no drinks. If we had used the voucher at a different facility we would have had tea / coffee and cake included. It seems pretty tight to not include a basic tea or coffee! Also we had to pay an additional £20 each for hire of robes, towels and flip flops. £10 of this was returned when you gave back the items. The service was poor, staff were not at all welcoming and it felt like they had squeezed as many groupons in as possible. So much so that we had no where to hang our robes / towels around the pool and no beds to relax on. Unhelpfully other spa goers were leaving their towels on the heated hammocks and seats for hrs without using them which was unfair. Whilst I appreciate this is not necessarily the staffs fault there was no staff presence in the spa area at all throughout the day. The lunch area was also where members and gym goers eat so it did not have a relaxed spa feel to it. It was freezing in there, noisy and busy. We had to queue to find out which was our reserved table and felt uncomfortable plonked on a little table in the middle of a cold room in robes that were significantly shorter than any other spa I have ever been to! (Perhaps they got a cheaper deal for shorter robes!) The place just felt like they tried to squeeze as much money out of you as possible for the least service possible. The massage was probably the worst I have ever had! My masseur seemed to just be rubbing oil in my back, she may as well have tickled my back with a feather! I asked if she could increase the pressure which she did at points but generally it wasn't worth bothering! I was really disappointed at this was a 30th birthday treat for my sister and I had heard good things about the place!

4  Thank Katie B
Reviewed April 23, 2019 via mobile

My friend and I had such a lovely day! Plenty of parking available. The staff were so helpful and kind. The cafe is very clean and the service was excellent, the menu has a great choice including sandwiches, panini’s, salads, (a picture of our salad is below), jacket potatoes plus specials and coffee and cakes.. The tour of the Spa was very helpful indeed. The changing area is fairly large with many lockers. You are given a locker fob and given fab instructions. The pool area was great with beds and hammocks, other guests were respectful by releasing the beds when leaving the area. The sauna and steam room were well maintained and just so relaxing. The treatments were amazing, I had a back and shoulder massage and facial, just lovely. The towels were provided, the robe and slippers were not provided without a deposit, we took our own which was fine. There was no rush to leave, it was a very relaxing day. Thankyou, we will be back.

1  Thank traceyrussell2