“A wonderful relaxing day”

Bannatyne Health Club & Spa Wildmoor
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Went here for my wife's 40th and had a very pleasant day. Staff were friendly without being fawning, and it is a lovely location.

Used spa facilities which were all excellent, as was the pool and jacuzzi. Had a rasul mud treatment which basically involves rubbing warm mud all over yourself and your partner. Very silly and relaxing, which was just what was needed. And my skin felt lovely afterwards!

Lunch was very good, 2 courses included as part of the package. Had mackerel salad for starter which was lovely, followed by leek risotto which was bigger than I expected, very tasty and filled me up for the day.

Bar was well stocked although we only had tea, coffee and water, and prices seemed very reasonable.

Overall an excellent way to spend a day escaping from the kids and just chilling out.

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our spa day & can't wait to go back.
We booked the rasul therapy which was great fun & interactive.
Would def recommend this for couples :)
We were super relaxed & refreshed after our day. Our lunch was delicious with a good selection on the menu.

1  Thank Marmala
Reviewed April 7, 2014

After an initial hiccup with the booking (it was a treat from my family for both my mother and I for our birthdays) I must say we had the most wonderful experience.

Upon arrival, staff were happy, friendly and very welcoming. We were shown to the brasserie and checked in, enjoying our complimentary arrival drink. We were given a full tour of the spa before heading to our private changing rooms. Everywhere during our time at Wildmoor in terms of hygiene and cleanliness was exemplary.

We had time to spend by the pool before our first treatments. Fantastic facilities, and one fabulous enormous jacuzzi which isn't mentioned on the website anywhere, so that was a lovely surprise. Hammocks and very comfortable seating around the pool - and plenty of it. We had time to spend also in the sauna, steam room and roman Caldarium. All were brilliant experiences.

Lunch was delicious. We had two courses with champagne. The cod and spinach fishcakes were huge and the fruit salad came in a rather large portion too, so much so I couldn't actually finish it and i LOVE my fruit!

A very nice touch to the spa itself was the "sleepybug" room (think that's the right name!) which you were asked to go to at least 5 minutes before your treatment time. Luxurious couches with enormous throws and relaxing chairs with velvet duvets over to enjoy also. Very tranquil area. Something that the likes of Champneys don't have.

The treatments themselves were just out of this world. I had a Elemis prescription facial, aromatherapy massage and a "snug as a bug body cocoon wrap" flotation experience. All in their own rights were simply outstanding. Therapists very professional and explained treatments well. All had little extras in which weren't mentioned in the treatment description like a foot welcome on the facial which was just divine.

The whole ambience for the spa area was incredibly tranquil. Lighting and candles and music all helped further.

I have been to quite a few health spas and must say that Wildmoor I felt was better than my days at Champneys. They had such personal touches at Wildmoor. Yes ok you have to share the pool etc with health club members but you do in Champneys, Windmill Village, Sketchley Grange and many many more. You're never going to have the entire place to yourself so why expect it!? In terms of the amount of treatment rooms, there were in excess of 15 treatment rooms on site, it's well planned out in terms of layout and it works.

Thank you so much to the staff for making my mother's day and mine too a wonderfully relaxing experience. I would highly recommend Wildmoor to family and friends. Its worth spending the money on.

2  Thank rebecca_caulton
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My partner, his sister and her partner visited for the day and we're not disappointed! We made the pool and jacuzzi area out meeting point as it was just the right size for us to go off individually to enjoy sauna, steam room and treatments without loosing each other. The beds and hammocks around the pool were very comfortable, a couple of us even dozing off in them throughout the day.The champagne 2 course meal was very tasty and was lovely to be able to eat in your robe and slippers :) we all had the Swedish back, neck and shoulder massages which were wonderfully relaxing! All the facilities were clean and well maintained and we would recommend it to anyone who is looking to just switch off and chill for the day!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

My Mum and I regularly go to Wildmoor Spa every couple of months for a spa day. Fabulous facilities that I'm glad to say, over the years the quality has never declined. High hygiene standards and excellent 2 course lunch provided.