“Fabulous little gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Fourteas

The Fourteas
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: A 1940s themed Tea Room in Stratford-Upon-Avon. Come and join us in the 1940s and experience gorgeous loose leaf teas or a lovely cup of coffee accompanied by sandwiches on locally baked bread or try a cake or scone made daily on the premises by one of our bakers. No packet mixes or frozen products here. We also offer a gluten free cake each day and will do our best to help any other allergies too. The Fourteas is an experience not to be missed. The Fourteas has won the 2012 TouchFM Pride of Stratford Awards Town Outlet of the Year and has been selected by Jamie Oliver for his best 1000 Places To Eat In Britain app. We have recently moved to larger premises, but we are still only operating from one shop with no plans to expand to a chain yet!
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous little gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife recently visited this little gem and all I can say is WOW oh WOW. Everything about this place makes it perfect for great afternoon tea or a snack.

Rachaelfourteas, Owner at The Fourteas, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thak you for your kind words. I am so glad you enjoyed your trip and I hope that we will see you again soon.

Midlands, UK
“What a delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was absolutely enchanted by The Fourteas tea room. The attention to period detail is outstanding and I felt completely transported back to the 1940s (I felt I rather let the side down by wearing jeans rather than a floral frock!). And even though the period detail is so authentic, nothing is shabby or worn out or chipped; this isn't a tea room furnished by a motley assortment of tired odds and ends from jumble sales and charity shops. The tea was wonderful , the scone absolutely delicious, the service was excellent and the price extremely reasonable. The Fourteas is a hidden gem and an absolute delight - highly recommended.

• Visited February 2013
We are always so pleased to hear that people have enjoyed their time here as we always enjoy welcoming people into The Fourteas. I hope that you will be able to come and see us again before too long.
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Fabulous scones”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I took my mum here for a treat and she loved the 40s theme as she had experienced rationing. The decaf coffee is excellent (which isn't always the case in a specialist tea place) although the serving size could have been bigger. My mum loved the little timer that comes with the tea to let you knows it's brewed long enough.

We both ordered scones and they were absolutely delicious! Freshly made that morning and you could tell. The cream and jam portions could have been larger but were both very tasty. The staff were attentive without being a bother although I can see how having no where but the cafe area to go could mean they hover over you during busy times. It's the second time I've been and I would definitely go back.

• Visited January 2013
Rachaelfourteas, Owner at The Fourteas, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
I am so glad that you enjoyed your trip to The Fourteas. When you come again please do take advantage of our free top up of coffee, we know that the 1940s Beryl Ware cup sizes are not over large and so we offer a second cup free of charge. We will always bring you out more jam and butter if you require it please do ask- with such delicious jam I am know that some peole can't get enough of it, and I don't blame you. We are here to make your visit as enjoyable as possible so don't hestitate to ask the staff for anything you require.
I look forward to welcvoming you back to The Fourteas soon
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Trip back in time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

A small tea shop fashioned on the 1940's. Staff are dressed as if in the 1940's, giving the place a pleasant atmosphere. It has a good selection of teas, and whilst not an estensive selection of sandwiches, they were a good portion and were well made. The afternoon teas looked very inviting and will be worth a second visit to sample them. With the background music and the good old fashioned service, anyone brought up in the 1940's will find it well worth a visit.

• Visited February 2013
Thank you for your lovely review we look forward to seeing you again before too long.
Broadway, United Kingdom
“Could be brilliant !!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Great idea for a 40's themed tea room, and quirky, but well done decor etc.,
Uniforms great.
Aimed at tourist me thinks !
Staff looked bored, and no smiles or welcome, which is a must in this sort of establishment.
Coffee ok but not brilliant, maybe it was left over from the 40's.
Sorry but not my cup of tea.

• Visited January 2013
I was saddened to see that you did not enjoy your trip to us the other day. I can only appologise for the staff if they were not being their usual friendly selves- I will certainly look into it as this is not impression that we wish to make. We have had many lovely comments from locals and tourists in the past and pride ourselves on giving good service and if this did not happen for your visit please accept my sincere apologies. I have not had any complaint before about the coffee but I will look into the matter as I wish to serve only the best whether it be tea, coffee or food.
I hope that you will come and see us again.