“Dangerous place - sexual predator”

Mida Mediterranean Coffee House & Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2020
Serious safety incident

This owner may seem friendly on the outside, but after visiting multiple times, I was subject to sexual harassment and on one occasion, he locked me inside of the building. He treats women terribly, objectifying them and states that women should "not drink alcohol", even though he fills women's wine up when they're not looking and grabs them with great force. He even kissed my friend's neck unexpectedly - afterwards she felt incredibly uncomfortable and upset. I was lucky to get away but sadly one person didn't, and I dread to think whether there are any more victims.
I think it is incredibly important that this information is known to people who may consider visiting his restaurant. Please be careful. Mida, if you are reading: treat women with respect and please stop hurting/harassing people.

Date of visit: January 2020
13  Thank Yazoo676
MidasMed, Owner at Mida Mediterranean Coffee House & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

It is deeply upsetting and disturbing to read this. There is no adequate response to such false and unfair allegations. We are deeply saddened that you felt the need to make false statements and post here. We stand on the strength of our reviews and are proud of our great service. We feel blessed for wonderful customers who return to us week after week.

Write a reviewReviews (719)

Reviewed December 31, 2019 via mobile

Stopped for a quick coffee before our journey home today. We didn’t fancy a starbucks and this little coffee shop looked inviting. We weren’t disappointed. The couple who were there were so lovely and welcoming- a real homely ambience with little relics, mis-matched crockery and patterned tablecloths- it was just gorgeous. The coffee was delicious too and cheap- £5 for an americano and cappuccino. Will definately be visiting again next time.

1  Thank heleddffion

Thank you so much for your review! We’re thrilled that you enjoyed your time here. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed December 23, 2019

Popped in by chance for lunch. Made very welcome by the owner, who I presume to be called Mida. We had a risotto and lamb pitta, both were lovely.
The interior is very quirkily decorated and a pleasant atmosphere.

Reviewed December 18, 2019

This was my first visit and my partner and I were looking for a late lunch. We had a warm and friendly welcome from the host and the swing style Christmas music playing in the background set the atmosphere. It isn’t fast food and it’s well worth the wait. My vegetable tagine was delicious and my partner enjoyed his Moroccan lamb in pitta with salad. Definitely will be back!

Reviewed November 30, 2019 via mobile

Quirky and in need of rethink to make more space inside without loosing its charm. Everyone was welcomed genuinely and warmly by the slightly eccentric owner. But most importantly the food is fabulous. Will return again and again for the Moroccan breakfast.

Date of visit: November 2019