“Very welcoming, friendly cafe”

Mida Mediterranean Coffee House & Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We went into Mida for our first lunch in Stratford Upon Avon and had a lovely time. The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming offering us seats by the radiator to warm up after the rain outside. The food was all prepared fresh including freshly made lemonade that the owner was keen to check tasted nice. Though there wasn't a massive food selection staff were so friendly I would definitely recommend for a sandwich and bit of a rest.

Do note though, if you don't like olives, that the sandwiches though it doesn't say so in the menu, all seemed to come on olive bread.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Shortly, this restaurant is like a red rose between dozen white ones, how?! Go and order a Moroccan Tagine, or a Moroccan Couscous then finish it with a cup of tea, Then come and rate the restaurant here.

Moro

1  Thank Elmoro M
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have been very intrigued and interested in Mida Restaurant ever since I saw it opened and finally made it in there for a coffee. Mida himself seemed lovely and the coffee was good. The staff behind the counter seemed annoyed and arguing over breaks and being there in general which was off putting. regardless of this I decided to book a table for the following week for a special dinner with my partner. We agreed a date and time and it was booked! I told everyone how excited I was to be going there, telling everyone where it was etc. We turned up on the evening for our meal to find out that the resaurant was closed!!! So we took our custom elsewhere... Not only was I annoyed that a business can be run like this, I then could not get hold of anyone on the phone for the next few days until today - I spoke to Mida to ask why it was closed and he was very short, abrupt, exteremly rude. I simply suggested that next time he takes a booking he should take a phone number so in the event of a problem they can contact his customers.... he dismissed me and basically put the phone down.

Safe to say i will NEVER be returning.

Hugely disappointed after initial excitement!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

My partner and I visited the mida for breakfast and have to say I did like I there. There were two guys working behind the counter and they were very friendly and made us feel very welcome. The breakfast a great my partner loved the eggs Benedict. I would recommend anyone to visit here.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Had a great evening here for a "girls" night out. The welcome from Mida & his team was warm (which is more than can be said for the upstairs restaurant when we arrived). Some heavy curtains would do a lot to stop the draughts from the large 60's windows behind the gorgeous sofas. Loved the rest of the North African decor although the tablecloths could do with a wash!
The food was delicious & reasonably priced at £12-95 for a starter & main, plus enormous dishes of vegetable couscous & tasty rice to share - nobody went home hungry! I felt the drinks were overpriced, compared with the food, however (£2 for a straight tonic & £2-40 for mint tea). Service was excellent & the Moroccan dancing by Mida's wife (& some of our party!!) was impressive, & rounded off the evening nicely.