“A good alternative”
Review of The Golden Bee

The Golden Bee
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, International
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: It is a pub too. One of the JD Wetherspoons company growing portfolio of hotels and dining pubs. Only a minute walk from the river and RSC.
Hollywood UK
“A good alternative”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Had planned to have lunch at The Dirty Duck, but having lingered at the at the bar for about fifteen minutes,waiting to be served a drink, decided it might be sensible to find somewhere else to eat.

Fortuitously happened across The Golden Bee in Sheep Street which was very lucky. The staff were welcoming and efficient, the menu comprehensive and well priced and like all Weatherspoon’s establishments a wide range of real ales was on offer.

A good option in Stratford for a reasonably priced meal in pleasant surroundings.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank WhitlocksEnd
Tammy M, Manager at The Golden Bee, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Thanks for the review and nice comments

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Cheap, you get what you pay for I suppose!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Came in with my partner. The drinks are nice and cheap but you need to watch the measures, the bar staff don't mind giving you less than you are paying for. The food is what you would expect from a pub, cheap and cheap. Would return if I had to.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Jayne J
Tammy M, Manager at The Golden Bee, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
I am sorry you feel you were short measured but this feedback is vital to me as manager because it is also my job to ensure staff's training is ongoing and we meet all legal requirements. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention all staff have been retrained on the free pour process. I hope you return soon and your experience is a better one.
“Lovely place shame about the food!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Now I usually love good old wetherspoons for quality food and have visited ones all over the country. However this one has certainly missed the spot. Ordered a salad...however the best part of it were the tomatoes. The lettuce was drenched in an bitter vinergrette and didn't look entirely appertising. Although I cannot fault the interior it has a lovely friendly atmosphere! Maybe as we visited on a Sunday when thy do roasts they took their eyes of the ball. I think I will stick to my local JD's from now on!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Em201212
Tammy M, Manager at The Golden Bee, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
We are sorry we did not come up to scratch on this visit, we strive to give 110% to everyone and on this occasion we fell well short. I have spoken to my kitchen team about their presentation of this dish as the dressing should come seperate, it is feedback like this that is important to us as we want to get it right every time. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention and we hope you give us another chance to prove we do care.
“Simply good value for money”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We ended up eating here twice during a weekend to Stratford.

Don't expect anything mega from the menu. It is a basic burger, pie, hotdog, etc establishment. The menu is child friendly - especially with a picky eater. There is seating at the back. for families, however you do have to walk a little way through the pub to get to the toilets - which can be rowdy on a Saturday evening. And one particular table is right next to the door that the smokers go through. Expect traffic and smoke.

The meals were hot, tasty and delivered quickly. The staff were all friendly and helpful. And it cost about £30 for 4 meals plus drinks. So no complaints.

• Visited April 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Good value for money”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We ate here for breakfast on an overnight stay in Stratford-upon-Avon. As a family with children (6 and 10) we were ushered through to the very back of the restaurant, which is fair enough as we appreciate not everyone wants to eat to the sound of chattering kids. Service was fast and friendly.

It's the usual Wetherspoon's fare. Only one of us likes a cooked breakfast. I had porridge which was really filling and great value. Drinks are generous sizes and it's a great alternative to eating in a hotel.

Visited April 2013