“Wonderful all round”

Arden Park Guest House
Reviewed December 10, 2012

The guest house is within a 15 minute walk from the bus station through the town centre. As soon as I stepped into the property I was greeted by a warm relaxing atmosphere and the Host was very pleasant, friendly and informative of the area.
The property is very close to Shakespeare's birthplace, and then from there it is an easy walk to the other properties connected to Shakespeare. I booked a single room which was on the second floor and was fairly quiet with little noise from the traffic outside, and the room was well presented and very clean.The breakfast was very good with a varied selection of food and drink on offer and there was background music courtesy of the local radio station.

Overall a wonderful stay in a beautiful property with an excellent host, and next time I'm in Stratford-Upon-Avon I intend to stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed December 4, 2012

very close to all the shakespeare houses and the church where he is buried. a 5 minute walk from the hotel to shakespeare birthplace, and then it was an easy walk to the other 3 houses and the church.great shopping and places to eat also close by. very clean and modern place. great breakfast. very helpful with any information on the area.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

A couple of days ago we came back from the Ardern Park we stayed for two nights it was our wedding anniversary, Mark is a perfect host and he upgraded our room at no extra charge the room was excellent. As we had travelled by train it was a great location, only a short walk to the guest house, so we did'nt miss the car at all. We would certainly recommend this guest house to family and friends and will definitely stay there again if we return to stratford.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed at the Arden Park for one night, after an evening out with a friend who was staying at the hotel opposite on business expenses with myself seeking a convenient budget alternative. As I arrived by train, the Arden Park was very conveniently located and very easy to find.

I had booked a single room at £39 with breakfast which was excellent value, and was immediately impressed when I was given an upgrade to a double (room 4) at no extra cost. I stayed mid-week out of season, so the guest house was quiet.

The owner Mark and his partner were friendly and helpful, but refreshingly unobtrusive (some guest house owners can be rather overbearing).

The room was quite small but very clean, cosy and nicely furnished. The bed was lovely and comfortable and I had a very peaceful night's sleep. Despite being on a busy main road external noise was actually quite low.

The hotel only offers a continental breakfast but the range of food was varied and plentiful. Depending on the situation and my mood I sometimes prefer a full English breakfast, but as I was aware of this before booking, this was no problem for me. In any case if this is a problem, this guest house also offers room only accomodation with a 15% discount. This saving could then be used to fund a cooked breakfast at either Morrison's supermarket cafe next to the train station or the Wetherspoon pub on Sheep Street.

I didn't spend much time at this guest house, but the breakfast and lounge areas are very airy and pleasant and overlook a well maintained and landscaped garden to the rear. The place was looking very nice on my arrival as the owners were putting up the christmas decorations.

Mark very kindly gave me a voucher for a 10% discount on a second visit, so I expect to make another visit here soon!!

Room Tip: Room 4 (double) is very nice and on the first floor.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I recently stayed at this guest house with my partner and we were more than happy with our stay. Reasonable price and very clean rooms. Mark was a great host and made us feel welcome. We will definitely return here on our next trip to stratford.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this guest house recently to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It is very conveniently located for visiting all the Shakespeare attractions. The guest house itself is nicely furnished, very clean, warm and comfortable. Marc, the owner, gave us a warm, friendly welcome and presented us with half price tickets to the five Shakespeare houses. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Arden house and would highly recommend it to others. An excellent place to stay at an excellent price.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed one night here with my boyfriend as a stopover on the way further south. Was a lovely retreat, very clean. Can't fault the facilities or the welcome! Especially the thick fluffy carpet in the rooms!!

Brilliant location too within easy walking distance to all pubs/bars and there are several shops which are open late too. Parking was also easy in the secure car park over the road at £5 for 24hours.

Room Tip: Can't remember the room number but we had an attic room which was very cosy and romantic.