“Faultless”
Review of Moss Cottage

Moss Cottage
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I really can't add anything to the many other complimentary reviews of this charming little B&B. The owner, Bill, proved to be a mine of information about Stratford and its many attractions and made our brief stay thoroughly enjoyable. This will certainly be our first choice of accommodation whenever visiting Stratford in the future. And don't miss the home-made marmalades and jams and Bill's famous "breakfast trifle" ....

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Blackbobbo
mosscottage, Owner at Moss Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Wow Thank you for such a nice review, It is so nice to know that you have made a guests stay a pleasant one.
I am so pleased you managed to get the most from your stay in our lovely small town.
It would be an absolute pleasure to see such a nice couple again.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

I stayed for two weeks in March and April, on business.

The house is conveniently located on the Evesham Road, a 15 minute stroll into the centre of town. Although on a reasonably busy road, the double glazing is extremely effective, and you aren't disturbed by traffic noise.

There is a pub (The Bell) and a restaurant (Cafe Chutneys) within 5 minutes, plus other local shops.

The property is immaculately clean, and includes everything that you could want, including off road parking. With 3 rooms, it is cosy and personal. The decor and furnishings are traditional, and there is plenty of storage space, including hangers. I'd have loved a coffee mug in the room, in addition to the tea cups, but that's just me.

Bill is a real gent of a host, with lots of information, and a wealth of local knowledge, combined with a great passion for Stratford. You are made to feel very welcome.

Breakfast was hot, freshly prepared and very tasty. The jams and marmalades are legendary, while home baked bread and "real" sausages make for a great start to each day.

I hope to be back, and highly recommend Moss Cottage.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Ed L

Thank you Ed for such kind words, I am so pleased you had a comfortable stay to set you up for your time in Stratford.
I had been wondering whether to change the small tea cups in the rooms for mugs for a few months now, so thank you, you have made my mind up at last.. I now have mugs in the rooms!
I hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

My wife and I came for two days and having that king feeling was from the moment I called to book the place. Bill was absolutely amasing. Such a gentleman you would encounter only in fairy tales.

Bill was attentive to our needs and the moment he knew we come on a train, he was generous to ask if he can come and pick us up from the station.

As we arrived we had a chance to chat over a cup of tea. We were lucky to have him as our guide since we did not know much about the area. He recommended us as for where to eat and visit and also handed out some brochures which became handy later on.

The room was clean and airy. We slept like a baby.
His breakfasts were delicious! Bill's jams are something else. Won't say more since you won't understand it till you try it. :) Believe me, you don't get up with a feeling of something's missing.

The city centre is just a matter of 15 minutes walk but if you ask me, take the path that takes you from Anne Hathaway's Cottage towards the city centre. Very nice walk we really enjoyed from and again that would not have been possible if not for Bill's advice.

Alina and Roy

Room Tip: If you would like a bathtub, something you usually don't have, ask for the room downstairs :) T...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roy E

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, and for saying such wonderful things. I am indeed flattered.
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and got the best of this lovely small town, there is so much to see and do that I always give the best directions I can to save time. Your right, the path from Anne Hathaway's Cottage to town is a lovely walk on a warm day.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

i would like to thank Bill for all the effort he went to, to make our stay as pleasurable as it was.
without his enthusiasm and patience our stay would not have been even nearly half as good.
what a great guy. He keeps his B & B to a very high standard and nothing is too much for his guests. A lovely cottage with lots of character and immaculately clean throughout his breakfasts are really special with local produce and home made marmalades how he does it for the money I don't know a special person in a special place, I will be going back again soon.
Martin C

Room Tip: all rooms are as good as each other
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Martin W
mosscottage, Owner at Moss Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Wow, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, and such kind words.
It was so nice to see you. Glad things went so well at Cheltenham too.
I would love to see you again if you come back to see the rest of Stratford.
Many thanks indeed.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

A friend and I stayed at Moss Cottage last weekend in order to go to the theatre. We have stayed in many lovely B&Bs in Stratford upon Avon over the years but Moss Cottage trumps them all. Bill is an extraordinary host. His generosity know no bounds in terms of time and kindness. We enjoyed scrumptious home made cake and tea on arrival and a first class traditional English cooked breakfast as well as extras including Bill's Breakfast Trifle, a delicious combination of yoghurt, honey and granola, accompanied by homemade jams and prizewinning marmalades. Nothing is too much trouble for him when it comes to making his guests' stay in Stratford as easy and as enjoyable as possible. No need to make a decision about where to stay in Stratford ever again; it's got to be Bill's Moss Cottage every time!

Room Tip: Each of the rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank EnglandTeresa

Dear Ladies, thank you so much for such a moving review.
It was so nice to meet you and I was so pleased you enjoyed the Mantell plays at the RSC as well as your meal in town.
I very much look forward to hopefully seeing you again for some more theatre chat and fun ( you made me laugh so much).

Reviewed February 8, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Moss Cottage. Bill is an excellent host, very kind and the sort of person you really feel comfortable with. He was a wealth of information about this lovely town and surrounds.He makes the lovliest breakfasts and the room was clean and provided everything we needed. We stayed 5 nights and found the walk into town refreshing. Would thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
mosscottage, Owner at Moss Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

I can't thank you enough for such kind words all the way from New Zealand. It was wonderful to meet you and talk, I am just so pleased you enjoyed your stay here and in the UK. I love Stratford-upon-Avon and just want all my guests to see as much of it as their time allows.
Many thanks indeed.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Moss Cottage may be on the busy Evesham Road but that's its only downside. It's only a short walk from the centre of Stratford. Host Bill is friendly and attentive without being intrusive and the quality of his food is exceptional. He was able to cater to my finicky vegetarian requirements without hesitation and engage with me in chat about the theatre (the purpose of my visit). He has a genuine enthusiasm for the town and its attractions, which he transmits to his visitors. My room was large and comfortable and the decor is pleasant without being fussy, pretty without being twee. Tea and coffee are available in the room but it's much nicer to sit at the dining table over a pot of coffee and have a natter. BIll's homemade breads, jams and marmalades are a must-try!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Thank you so much for taking time to write such nice words William, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay whilst watching the Hilary Mantel plays. I had a lovely time chatting to you about these and the many Shakespeare plays you have seen, your knowledge is amazing.
ps. Thank you for telling me about your book 'Where the Bee Sucks' is wonderful and the fact it is set in Stratford made it even more entertaining!