Moss Cottage
The White Swan Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
$134
  • Breakfast included
$81
$76
  • Pool
$84
  • Restaurant
Billesley Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
$178
$117
The Arden Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
$156
$119
The Stratford, A QHotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
$110
  • Restaurant
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe(Stratford-upon-Avon)
$125
$121
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Grosvenor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
$87
$68
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsaward winningmarmaladetea and cakebreakfast was delicioushome made cakesfree cakeon arrivalreading matterhome from homea pleasant minute walkwonderful hospitalitybed and breakfastthree roomsshort walk from the town centrethe perfect place to stayfriendly welcomeenjoyable stay
Reviewed June 12, 2012

My sister and I stayed at Moss Cottage June 3 and 4, 2012. It is a lovely, impeccably clean little cottage. Our host, Bill, was truly outstanding. He could run a school to instruct other B & B owners in ideal service. He helped us with our plans. He created wonderful breakfasts. He greeted us upon arrival with fresh cakes and tea, and he sent us off on departure with muffins to take with us on our journey to London. I highly recomment Moss Cottage!

Room Tip: We stayed in a twin room on the first floor and found it convenient and comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
mosscottage, Owner at Moss Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Oh Ladies! What charming comments, thank you for taking the time to write a review after such a long trip home. You were such fun and a joy to meet.
I am so pleased you made your trip to london ready for your flight without complications, any help I could be was totally my pleasure.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

My wife and i stayed at Moss Cottage recently and cannot recommend it enough.

Bill is so welcoming and is an exceptionally genuine, pleasant person. He has a manner that makes you feel instantly welcome, a feeling that stays with you for the duration of your stay.
Moss cottage is an impeccably clean and fresh property, we stayed in the downstairs room which had it's own bathroom, tea making facilities, biscuits, television etc etc. Everything (and more) needed for a comfortable stay. Breakfast was as good as the reviews below state, freshly cooked by Bill and beautifully presented. The location is perfect, out of the front door, turn left to walk to the Racecourse or right to go into Stratford itself, yes there are B&B's with a shorter walk to Stratford Centre, but would they have the qualities of Moss Cottage? I suspect not, and I for one wouldn't take the risk, I'd simply stay somewhere where i could be confident of a very pleasant stay and a genuine welcome.

I would recommend Moss Cottage to anyone and everyone, it's a Credit to bill and he deserves all the praise he receives in this, and other reviews.

Well done bill, keep up the good work and we'll see you when were up that way again for sure !

Vernon & Anna

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Oh wow, You really have flattered me. Meeting such kind people is such a joy and a pleasure.
It was so much fun meeting you, even if you did do better than I did at the racecourse! I also was so pleased that you liked the racecourse and your remark that its a small and friendly course sums it up perfectly.
Many many many thanks to such a charming couple.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

We stayed at the Moss Cottage B&B for 2 nights, and it was perfect. The breakfast was way beyond what anyone could reasonably expect - it was a work of art. And our host, Bill, even provided us with incites into the Shakespear play that we went to see.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

I am so pleased you enjoyed your time here. Who couldn't be impressed with the RSC plays!
I didn't know much about Shakespeare when I came here a few years ago but I am fascinated by the man and his plays, its great being able to chat to guests and share information with everyone.
Thank you for choosing Moss Cottage.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

A warm welcome awaits you at this gem of a B & B in Stratford. It is conveniently located within walking distance of the theatres and the other attractions of Stratford with the added benefit of parking. The room was spacious, comfortable and absolutely spotless with an en suite bathroom and a drinks tray. The proprietor, Bill, couldn't be more helpful. I asked for lemon to have with my early morning cuppa and that was no problem. Bill is a mine of information about the area and its attractions. The breakfast is to die for! Local produce, beautifully cooked and time to linger.
Book - you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: There is a ground floor room for anyone with mobility problems.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Wow, what can I say appart from thank you so much! There is so much to see and do in Stratford that I don't want guests to miss anything. I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit. Thank you.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Very comfortable, with a lovely breakfast, over which I lingered chatting with other guests longer than any of us meant to because we all felt so much at ease.

Conveniently placed, ten minutes from the centre of town on foot, with parking.

For me, visits to Stratford are about going to the theatre, so I was delighted that Bill the owner had alreadt seen most of the (five!) plays I saw during my visit, was glad to talk about them, and even lent me his copies of the programmes so that I could do some advance reading.

Overall, unusually thoughtful service. I hope to stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

5 plays was quite a feat! I loved chatting about them during your stay. The wonderful thing about shakespeare is that everyone sees it differently and has a different perspective, it was fascinating hearing your views. What wonderful guests I have, I'm a very lucky man meeting so many interesting and thoughtful people.