“Top service - top B&B!”
Review of Moss Cottage

Moss Cottage
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We had a perfect stay at Moss Cottage, beginning with the very prompt, efficient and friendly email exchange with Bill before we even arrived! Bill very kindly met us at the Rail Station, drove us to the B&B, and we had a cup of tea and lovely cake while Bill showed us a map of Stratford and gave us tips about what to see. After a long day exploring it was lovely to have a hot shower and crawl into a comfy bed with very good quality linen. The next morning we enjoyed an incredibly delicious breakfast - a "trifle" with homemade yoghurt, coffee that is locally ground, a yummy cooked full English, followed by toast and homemade jams/marmalade. What a treat! Bill is an excellent host, you really couldn't ask for better, and our whole stay was top-notch. We will definitely be staying here again and can't recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
mosscottage, Owner at Moss Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Wow, Thank you so much for taking the trouble to write a review, it means so much to know you had a nice stay.
I don't use any booking sights as I think its nice for guests to have a little contact with their B&B before they book so they will feel as though they already know me as its not always easy relaxing away from home.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We were going to check into Premier Inn and are so glad we didn't.
The personal service and attention to detail provided by Bill are second to none.
The home-cooked breakfasts were delicious - we especially liked the "breakfast trifle" and the smoked salmon scrambled eggs. Free WiFi is a great addition - our devices all worked without a hitch, and our daughter was delighted to be able to view her favourite DVDs following days spent out and about!!!!

Moss Cottage gets our warmest recommendation.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

I am just so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Really glad your daughter could watch her dvds as sleeping away from home isn't always easy for the little ones.
Thank you so much for your review, it really means a lot to know people have enjoyed their stay.

Reviewed December 20, 2011

The rooms and food at Moss Cottage are prepared with care and attention to detail. The house is clean and and the paintwork is fresh. WI-FI is free and there is off-street parking. But the magic ingredient is Bill, the proprietor. He takes a pride in what he does, is helpful beyond the call of duty and takes genuine pleasure in the comfort and enjoyment of his guests. The excellent reviews for Moss Cottage are the result of Bill's commitment to his guests.

Room Tip: Ask for room 4, on the ground floor, if you have difficulty with stairs, as the staircase is steep.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
mosscottage, Owner at Moss Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

I am so flattered to have such words said by guests. Stratford is a lovely town and I want people to see as much of it as they can whilst feeling they aren't really away from home. I cannot thank you enough for this review, it means so much.

I do agree the stairs up to the double rooms can be a little steep, room 4 is a twin room but I can make it into a very comfortable super kingsize, I do apologise if I didn't mention this when you booked. I will remember this for future guests.

Reviewed December 18, 2011

I stayed at Moss Cottage on 16/12/2011 and loved it !! We arrived to be welcomed by the owner ( Bill) he showed us to our room which was amazing it was clean bright and fresh, there were little touches in the frrom like fabric freshener for cloths shower gel, soap etc ( things I have found you do not get anymore in other B & B ) The room was spotless !!! The Breakfast was first class and all the time we were there Bill made us so Welcome. We will be staying here again :-)

Thanks Bill !!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Wow Thank you.
I'm so pleased you had a pleasant stay, please do come back again, it would be great to see you.
Its such a pleasure to work for guests like you.

Reviewed December 2, 2011

I had fallen into the trap of staying in chain hotels whenever I travel and I had forgotten what real cleanliness and service was like. Moss Cottage is simply wondeful. I will certainly be back and I have already recommended to others. Thanks Bill !

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

What a lovely thing to say. I think the chain hotels do a wonderful job but it is so nice to be seen as an alternative option. Thank you so much, I hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 12, 2011

I've stayed in so many b and bs, but never one this good. The attention from Bill was first class and 'just right'; the rooms were spotless, and had a special charm; the breakfast was delicious; and the tea and cakes on arrival were both unexpected and hugely apprecated. You can even buy Moss Cottage's own jams - how many varieties?! - and marmalades, prepared beautifully by Peter.
My only concern is that as word gets around, there will be no chance of staying here any more: it will be booked up seven days a week all year round...

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Keith B

Wow! What a wonderful thing to say, thank you so much.
I love greeting people with a nice cup of tea and some home made cake as guests have usually had a long drive and are thirsty and famished. It also give me a little time to show guests a map of Stratford upon Avon and explain a little about the town so they know where they are.
Peter does make some wonderful Jams and Marmalades, Most made from local fruits. He has tried making some new ones too, ever had kiwi jam?

Reviewed October 5, 2011

Highly recommend Moss Cottage, wish we could have stayed there longer!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for giving us a recommendation, its so nice to know guests have enjoyed themselves.