The White Swan Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Stratford, A QHotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
Courtland Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
Thistle(Stratford-upon-Avon)
The Arden Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
  • Bar/Lounge
2,113 results
All reviewscharacter roomgrand roommacbeth roomroll top bathlovely hoteldouble showercar parkwalk in showerlots of characterfresh milk in the fridgeeggs benedictcentral locationshakespeare's birthplacelovely roomfull englishold buildingcentre of town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed three nights whilst visiting a game fair in Ragley Hall. The welcome was warm and helpful. We had a great room to the side of the hotel which was very well furnished with a great bed and a lovely bathroom. We had dinner on our first night a found the food excellent, tasty and clearly made with the freshest of local produce. Breakfast was also a joy freshly cooked and delicious. All the staff were friendly and professional. The location of the hotel is very central Overall a very good experience If in Stratford again this is where we will stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel with a group of friends and the rooms were very spacious and clean . There was a good choice of food at breakfast and the hotel is right in the middle of town and parking is only a two minute walk . Well worth a visit

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This place has classic English charm in a great location. Be sure to get your room in the old side of the hotel, where the rooms maintain old school character (while the bathrooms are completely modernized). Great bar and restaurant to boot.

Room Tip: Get a room in the old wing!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2013

After staying at the hotel for 2 nights, I decided to cut my stay short for a number of reasons:

1) Rude & unhelpful staff:

I have never come across a hotel with such an unwelcoming receptionist. I felt like I was a burden and the fact that I needed to park my car was even more of a burden. I was directed to a parking lot (costing £8 per night) 350 yards away from the hotel - and upon my return from the parking adventure was informed I could also park outside for free in the evening. The last straw was when the receptionist used my colleague's credit card to scratch her ear.

2) Absent restaurant staff:

I found this to be the case especially in the morning during breakfast. I had to ask whether anyone was working in the breakfast area from reception twice before my order was taken. As a result I had to factor in an additional 10 minutes for breakfast compared to any other hotel.

Nonetheless, the rooms are well maintained and the bathrooms are particularly nice - so if you can put up with the above then this hotel is a good choice.

I could not stand it, however, and will certainly never stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank HPBANGO
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Mid April we found we needed a room in Stratford 19 July but our usual places were already full and places recommended to us were full; but The White Swan had a room for £170 for the night: a top price but for that we would get premium service?

We were allocated room 114 on the first floor; a small comfortable room. But the view out of the window is completely blocked by the black metal for escape which drops down the building immediately outside. If you try to see through the fire escape you see scaffolding on an adjacent wall. To the left of the window and no more than 10 feet from the room are 2 very wide air conditioning conduits running up the building and room 114 suffers from the continuous drone. In the room the lavatory seat was dangerously loose.

Breakfast is served from 8am on Saturdays; we came down just after 8am and we were directed to the front bar area, away from the main restaurant rooms and we were able to choose a wonderful table in an alcove with a much appreciated open window and breeze. If you want coffee it is served from out of one of those large flasks which the waiting staff carry round; it was offered immediately but thereafter no one came during breakfast to ask if we would like more. I had to ask someone for more. Tea and toast were quickly served.

Having finished our fruit juices and cereals we waited sometime for anyone to take our cooked breakfast order and after an unacceptable delay we had to ask that someone come to take it. There was then an even longer delay waiting for our food and eventually we had to ask someone where it had got to? Within 1 minute it was served. We had sat down 8.05am and the cooked breakfast arrived 8.40am

Did we get £170 value for money? No; to the point that when we were paying the bill and we were asked "was everything all right?" we said not and told them to tale. We were given a 10% discount for the loose lavatory seat.

Message to The White Swan: if you charge £170 you must deliver premium service from arriving to departing. First step is manage and train your friendly staff how to perform.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple