This hotel has had a fortune spent on it and everything has been refurbished to a high standard - the position is excellent and the rooms modern and well appointed BUT......
The restuarant is a shambles with long delays, wrong and and forgotten food orders served (eventually) by staff with no direction or idea as to what to do. Both our dinner and breakfast were disasters and the general experience a very forgettable one (even one of the staff said this to us!!).
Find somewhere else to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel offers luxury accommodation in Stratford-upon-Avon, while crucially maintaining the charm, character and period features of the original building.The White Swan dates back to 1450, making it one of the oldest pubs in Stratford – and the front of the hotel is a cosy, traditional pub, continuing to serve outstanding cask ales and the best pub food in town.Our 41 four star guestrooms, marry traditional, original features with modern conveniences like iPod docks, flatscreen TVs and ensuite bathrooms.One thing not to miss on your visit to this historic Straford-upon-Avon pub is the antique wall painting in one of our front rooms. Commissioned by William Perrott, who owned the building in 1560, the special painting depicts the story of Tobias and the Angel - a subject doubly appropriate for a tavern of that time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your The White Swan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Swan Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon, England
- White Swan Stratford Upon Avon