Had a 2 night stay. Feedback as follows :-
HOTEL ----- GOOD POINTS.
* Very clean.
* Very warm.
* Lovely food in restaurant, including cream tea.
* Breakfast offered everything you could need and as much as you need.
* Friendly staff.
* Beautiful building including buildings separate to main building. Main building; full of character.
HOTEL ----- BAD POINTS.
* Little more attention required for guests having cream teas. All 3 couples had to find a member of staff to request another pot. Cream was delicious though. Minor issue but this is a 4* hotel.
* Expensive drinks. 2 glasses of Southern Comfort and lemonade was £13.00. The lemonade was from a large bottle and was the last bit. It was flat and very warm. The drinks were certainly not worth the price.
ROOM 60 ----- GOOD POINTS.
* Massive room in a separate building from the main one.
* Very clean.
* Very cosy and warm.
* Being a theatre fan I loved the pictures of different plays and musicals.
* Had bath and a shower. Plenty of hot water.
* Big comfy bed.
* Sofa and writing desk.
* Lots of hangers, and plenty of space to hang clothes.
* Full length mirror.
* Quiet. It is the first hotel I have stayed in where I had no need to wear ear-plugs to prevent being woken up by slamming doors, other guests, building work, staff or delivery vans. Sheer bliss.
ROOM 60 ----- BAD.
* Too dark. This is not just relating to this hotel though. All hotel rooms everywhere are too dark. I know it adds to the atmosphere, but I would prefer more light.
SPA/POOL AREA ----- GOOD.
* Lovely pool. not massive but fine.
* Clean in pool area.
* Nice sauna/steam room.
* Plenty of seating around pool.
* Quiet and relaxing.
* Children's swim times allocated.
* Warm in pool area.
* Towel provided - ensure you take a pound for a locker.
* Swimsuit spin dryer and bag for costume.
* Private changing room available.
* Free tea/coffee & water.
* Good treatment. Waxing.
SPA/POOL AREA ----- BAD POINTS.
* I do appreciate the offer of these free hot drinks but they were luke warm tea and coffee provided. It is wonderful that there is free hot drinks, but the jugs do not retain the heat so the drinks are cold (and the jugs were quite full). It would be better to have just a hot water machine.
* Showers were a little grubby.
* It was impossible getting through to the Spa to book a treatment in the beauty section prior to arrival. I phoned for a week but the phones were never answered. I left 2 messages asking for a call back, but they were ignored. In the end I phoned Customer Service in desperation. They promised to get someone to return my call. A few minutes later I was called by a member of the Spa and I booked a treatment. When I asked why my messages had been ignored, I was told 'we are very busy'. Not what a customer wants to hear when they are trying to book a relaxing weekend away as they too are busy.
I have awarded 4 stars, 1 star missing for the bad feedback I have listed. HOWEVER, none of this ruined our stay in anyway and all the good points far outweighed all the niggles.
Overall, we had a wonderful stay. We will definitely return and would recommend a visit. It was so relaxing and just what we needed.
Very happy, and thank you to everyone at Billesley Manor Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 16th Century, four-star Billesley Manor Hotel has 72 bedrooms and sits in 11 acres of beautiful countryside just outside the medieval town of Stratford-Upon-Avon. Visit the Royal Shakespeare Theatre, discover the myths and magic of Warwick Castle, then enjoy a quiet moment in the hotel’s library, where legend claims that Shakespeare penned As You Like It.A beautiful country retreat with a Health & Leisure Club that features an indoor pool and outdoor tennis court. The hotel also has a listed 100-year-old topiary garden and fountain. The 2 AA Rosette Stuart Restaurant serves modern British food made from seasonal, local produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Billesley Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Stratford Upon Avon
- Stratford Upon Avon Barcelo
- Billesley Manor Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon, England