“Relaxing Weekend Break”

Billesley Manor Hotel
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Just got back from a pleasant and relaxing stay, lovely building with beautiful grounds and topiary garden, yes, it's looking a bit tired inside but with a little TLC can be brought back to a high standard, we had a meal off the a la carte menu on the Saturday evening which tasted amazing, was well presented with good service, the breakfasts were also good, I don't get what people are complaining about on here but each to their own? we also had an afternoon tea on the Sunday, again, really lovely.
It's well worth upgrading to a superior room, we stayed in room 34, which we thought was the best position, listening to the birds directly overlooking the topiary garden, peaceful, spacious, with a modern bathroom (with 'proper' toilet roll, see previous reviews) and a lovely huge bed! If we were to go back we would ask for this room again.
Overall we had a really relaxing stay with good food and a lovely room but just feel a little spruce up is needed in some areas, a few members of staff could be a little friendlier and in need of a bit more training to bring it up to a better standard, this place has great potential, we would love to revisit, hopefully by then it could be given an 'excellent' rating.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason M, General Manager at Billesley Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your relaxing weekend break at Billesley Manor Hotel. We do have such wonderful grounds and views which are amazing. I do hope that next time you stay you would be happy to give us an excellent rating. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Booked as a treat for my husband. Despite being double charged for my room initially (which was resolved eventually and was Puma central reservations issue, not Billesley's to be fair) we arrived to a warmish welcome yet a poor room. we were assigned a room in the main house extension which was drab to say the least. Billsley, please make these rooms a little warmer! Some artwork or better lighting? Bathroom wad lovely however. Hotel in general, whilst a beautiful building, looked a bit worn out and tired. Spa, again, lovely but needed some love - lockers broken in changing room for example. Breakfast was awful, food all ran out and staff running round somewhat disorganised. Dinner however was lovely. Couldn't fault it. Overall, nice stay but little touches need to be made. Not a 4* to me during my stay but could easily be with a little more love.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kate A

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay. I am sorry for the areas which did not meet your expectations on this occasion; however I was most pleased to read that you had a great dinning experience.

I hope that you will return in the future and have a great stay.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Have just returned from a two night break at this hotel that my partner booked for my birthday. Having seen some of the bad reviews wanted to put my two pennies in as was a little concerned prior to arriving!
On arrival we were allocated Room 65 - as someone has previously said this was practically a room at a travelodge! We were on a special offer (room/dinner/breakfast/afternoon tea) but I did wonder if they stick everyone on these deals in a bad room? Anyway it didn't look like any of the standard rooms on the website in the room literature etc so my partner was dispatched to reception straight away. They switched us immediately without any problems at all to Room 5. This was in the main house, had lovely 4 posted bed etc and was much more what we had been expecting! Didn't smell of smoke at all in my opinion but maybe no one had been smoking during our stay..?
Food was all lovely, Spa was good but a hot tub would be nice and service was great. For the price we paid and what we got we were very happy.
I agree with every single reviewer who has mentioned the terrible loo paper.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 65 unless you want a travelodge style room
1  Thank Emsie2014

Thank you for your review following your two night stay at Billesley Manor to celebrate your birthday. I am most pleased that we were able to offer an upgrade on this occasion and you were able to really enjoy your experience.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Stayed there in January

To be fair the place could be excellent and some of the staff was friendly.

However, the room we stayed in was very poor.

On the up side, our evening meal was excellent.

On leaving, despite three members of staff being stood round the reception desk we was left struggling through the door with our bags, we didn't get so much of a

"Did you enjoy your stay"

"Thank you"

The place looks good on the website, I for one would not return there

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alan_Whitehead_16

I am sorry that you had a disappointing stay in January and that it was not brought to our attention sooner. I would encourage you to contact me directly to discuss your stay in more detail; I hope to have the opportunity to talk to you soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Billesley Manor Hotel for a much needed break from commitments of home and work. Its a calm, quiet , peaceful place to get away from it all. The staff were attentive . Easy reach to Stratford and surrounding areas. I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for your recommendation and your review. I am pleased that you were able to take advantage of the peace and quiet and have a really relaxing time. I do hope that the next time you feel the need to get a way from it all that you will do so at Billesley Manor.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

A four star hotel which has the natural feel of a private manor: chic and laidback at the same time. Delicious food, efficient and friendly staff and the most beautiful atmosphere (especially in the wood panelled great hall and restaurant). We had a huge room in the modern wing. The comfort and silence amply made up for the lack of character. Overall a very enjoyable stay.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and rating. I am pleased that you enjoyed your dinning experience and found the team to be friendly and efficient. I really hope you will return again soon.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Me and my husband stayed here for my 30th Birthday a surprise from my mum , We was warmly welcomed from the receptionist , everything was explained , we had a free upgrade on our room and a lovely bottle of champagne on ice in our room as we arrived felt very honored. the facilitates was amazing, stunning spa and a warm pool . The treatments was lovely we stayed in room 32 a lovely room gorgeous view of the garden . Was not far from the spa or the bar was a very lovely experience. we had a 3 course meal which was also amazing , we both slept extremely well the bed was so comfortable i could of taken it home with me . Breakfast was good lots to chose from would defendantley stay here again and i would highly recommend it :) :)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for review following your stay to celebrate your birthday. I am pleased that you had such a great time and enjoyed the treatments in the Spa and your dinning experience at Billesley manor. Thank you for your recommendation and I hope you will return to us again soon.