“Absolutely fantastic”

Billesley Manor Hotel
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on a dinner bed & breakfast board with 1 treatment inc for £89 pp which was fantastic value for money considering some places.
Staff were brilliant, made us feel very welcome, when we got to the room i was lost for words, we were actually staying in the old house itself and the room was huge, king size bed, tv, sofa, hairdyer, everuthing you needed, the en suite was twice the size of my front room! Best part of having a shower was the toiletries provided, l'occitane, beautiful!
We went to the spa and had a pedicure and back & neck massage, was fantastic, afterwards we decided to venture to the pool, only a few people in so we sat on a huge sofa whilst our nails dried then went for a very relaxing swim afterwards.
The meal at night was again amazing, very posh and we felt very looked after.
I would recommend everyone to try this hotel if they get the chance, oh do a walk round the gardens to...., stunning :)

Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank C3L1CA
billesleymanor_gm, General Manager at Billesley Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you for recommending Billesley Manor Hotel, I am pleased to read your very positive review. The girlie getaway is excellent value for money and I am glad you enjoyed every aspect of it. I hope to welcome you back soon. Kind regards.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We booked a dinner/bed/breakfast package which was good value considering the hotel and location etc. On arrival the helpful staff offered an upgrade to a four poster for a £small amount which we accepted. Unfortunately we wondered if we would have been better off with the standard room. Unbeknown to us the room (5) was located right above the dining room and from the afternoon to late at night we could hear the dull persistent background music and loud muffled conversation from the room below. To be fair to reception they did try and address this when approached at 11pm but it all started again at 7:30am when breakfast started. Needless to say we didn't need the extended check out as we didn't want to stay longer than necessary. We raised the subject at checkout but different reception staff seemed indifferent to the problem although they acknowledged our feedback had been passed on. Shame it spoiled an otherwise lovely visit. Staff we're generally pleasant and food was great.

Stayed: February 2013
billesleymanor_gm, General Manager at Billesley Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Please accept my apologies that you found there was a lot of noise from the public areas situated below your room. The background music can be isolated and I have instructed the team to turn it off in the restaurant in between service times. I am pleased you found the team friendly and the food enjoyable. I do hope that you will return to the Billesley Manor Hotel in the future.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed here for a spa weekend treat with my sister. We were given a delightful room overlooking the topiary garden. Service was generally very good. Slightly disappointed when we called to book our treatments about six weeks before as there was only very limited availability. Cream teas in the bar were a real treat. They made a mistake with our Sunday newspaper but rectified it when notified of this. Helpful lady at reception gave us a walking map of the local area. Very busy checking out in the morning.

Stayed: January 2013

Thank you for your post on Trip advisor, it is notable for future guests that the Spa does get very busy and early booking is recommended. I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay, I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Weekend away break - fantastic! Beautiful authentic hotel - stones throw from Stratford. Excellent meal in restraunt and top quality fine dining through the evening.
Yes, some of the rooms are a little 'tired' but oozed character which is far more important than to have every room the same - beige and boring.
Very helpful staff and was able to sit having coffee and a cream tea in the old lounge on the Saturday - late afternoon after a day's shopping - perfect!
I will definately go again - probably to write my school reports and have some quiet time!
Mrs J McGuinness - Rowley Regis, West Midlands.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jacqueline M

Thank you for taking the time to put your very positive review on to this website. I am pleased that you appreciated that the hotel is full of character and that the team offer great freindly service. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Booked the Billesley Manor for an overnight stay as part of my wife's 50th birthday celebrations as you could reasonably expect a certain standard from a 4* hotel. How wrong can you be. First sight, as many others have said, looks the part. Reception staff we're very helpful and placed us in Room 18 next to the Spa even though when we booked our "Superior" room, we were told we'd be in a converted barn?? This "Superior" room could only be best described as shabby.
All the furniture had seen much better days and the carpets were, and I'm being kind when I say "filthy". We had requested a double room and we ended up with 2 singles pushed together.
The bath panel was hanging off. The square style toilet had obviously had it's seat broken in the past and they had replaced it with a normal oval style item which just didn't fit properly and looked odd to say the least. The toilet paper was about to the standard of Tesco Value and if I had wanted to have a shave in the bathroom mirror, I stood every chance of cutting my throat the lighting was so poor. Couple that with a breakfast that was cold. All in all a pretty miserable stay.
I wrote to Puma Customer service and after two weeks and 1 reminder, I've heard absolutely nothing. Pretty bad for a room that cost £173.00 for the night. I feel sure that the whole hotel CAN'T be as bad as the room we stayed in, so, my advice, for what it's worth, would be to refuse Room 18 if it's offered to you.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SlickChilli

Please accept my apologies for any dissatisfaction, I have received your email via guest relations and will respond directly.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I booked an overnight girly stay for myself and my best friend, I had booked room with single beds. We had an upgrade but were very disappointed when we saw the room. The beds were a double unzipped but not separated, when I asked I was told this is how they are here. So even thought we had separate quilts, every time one of us moved it disturbed the other, not good. The room was tired, there was no dressing table to sit at to do our hair or make up, the kettle had to be plugged in and left on the floor as the cord didn't reached the table top. The toilet ran all night, there was rubbish under our bed, bathroom was basic. The plus of this room was it overlooked the lovely grounds.the food was very good as was the service from the staff serving which was good. Not sure what was going on with other guests but there was a lot of noise and banging at 3 in the morning, which I did speak to the duty manager about but he was very dismissive and only concerned that I said I felt the room was not of a better standard and that he would have sorted the beds if we had spoke to him, but I explained I had spoke to a member of staff who told us this was how they did the beds and was no choice other than a double bed. All in all I was disappointed the experience wasn't better and that the duty manager didn't seem to care.

Room Tip: There is a lovely view from some rooms over the grounds, sunny and light.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that it was not a comfortable stay for you, many of our rooms have zip and link beds offering a super king when joined and 2 full size sigle beds when unzipped. The base is also completely serparate, the beds could simply have been moved slightly apart by any team member, this has been communicated to the team. Please once again accept my apologies for this.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Went with my daughter-in-law for a one night Spa break. The manor is most impressive from the exterior and the sculptured hedges a delight. A few of the original medieval rooms like the bar, dining room, drawing room and the great hall were tasteful and in keeping with the style of the building but the rest of the rooms and the spa and pool area were very tired and totally not sympathetic to any style. The staff, however were cheerful, chatty and helpful. Our evening meal, which was good, was include in our package but, had it not been,we would have considered it over priced. At breafast the smoked haddock turned out to be plain haddock and no one saw fit to mention this and allow for an alternative. The treatment provided included in our package were great and most relaxing and we enjoyed the pool,sauna and steam room. Booked through Book a Spa we thought the break was good value and the only minus was the dowdy almost neglected feel of parts of the building.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for you review, I am sorry that you were not allocated a traditional room in the original part of the building, unfortunately as is typical of old manor house hotels, many of the rooms have been added at a later date and offer a more modern feel. Many of the rooms at Billesley Manor have recently been redecorated and the rest will be complete over the next 12 months. Thank you again for your review.