“No complaints from me”

Billesley Manor Hotel
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed here during half term on a DBB basis for three nights and it was great. The bedroom was very grand with great views of the topiary, and the bathroom was large and well equipped. We as a fridge which is always handy and the TV worked well which is not always the case in some hotels. The bar was cosy butane pleasant for post walk champagne and per dinner aperitifs! The dinner menu could ave been varied more ver our stay but I always found something that I liked, although my wife wasn't as satisfied. Whatever we chose however, was very well cooked, presented and served so our mealtimes were always enjoyable, and we were always full. The pool, sauna and steam room were also excellent.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
billesleymanor_gm, General Manager at Billesley Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

I am pleased to read that you had no complaints, and enjoyed your experience at Billesley Manor. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,189)

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed at the hotel on a DBB and Spa package last Saturday. Although this is a relatively large and potentially "corporate" hotel (being part of a chain) we found it to be more like staying in a country house (albeit a big one!) We found the Reception staff very helpful when booking 7 separate deals and, subsequently, when it was necessary to make amendments to our bookings. Indeed, the staff all went out of their way to ensure we had a lovely stay. The Restaurant staff were particularly helpful and we had dinner for 13 in the Drawing Room which was intimate and had the added bonus of ensuring we didn't disturb other diners! There was a good choice on the inclusive meal deal and it was well presented and tasty. The Spa staff were friendly and professional but it was a shame that not all members of our party could partake of treatments included in their package as they had left it too late to book them.
The rooms all varied in style but all were good and extremely well equipped.
The whole atmosphere at the hotel is relaxed and informal leading to a very enjoyable stay.
We chose the hotel from the photos of the exterior and its location in relation to us all but it surpassed our expectations and I can imagine us using it as our venue for further reunions.

Room Tip: All the rooms were individual and of a very good standard. The ones with views over the topiary gard...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for posting a great review on Trip advisor.

Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel as part of my 30th birthday celebrations and I have to say the hotel is fabulous and the staff give outstanding customer service, as a group of all girls some hotels generally make you feel unwelcome and unwanted but the staff at Billesley Manor could not do enough for us. Spa facilities are great and the food is excellent . The only reason I didn't mark the location as excellent as it about 10/15 mins from Stratford if you wanted to commute in and out. We definately be revisiting soon. Would particularly like to comment Michelle and her team they would fantastic

• Stayed: October 2012
billesleymanor_gm, General Manager at Billesley Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Thank you for your excellent review, Michelle will recieve a WOW for the fantastic comments.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We attended a function at the hotel. Friends organised the tickets for us so when we arrived at the hotel we were pleasantly surprised by the lovely building and that is as good as it got. There are several notices outside for valet parking so my husband left the car in the appropriate place. We went into reception and my husband tried to handover the car keys for the car to be parked only to be told there was no valet parking so why don't they remove the signs? I asked where the cloakroom was so that I could hang up my coat. I was told there was no cloakroom although I could leave my coat on a coat stand at reception. I preferred not to do this as it could have been taken by any passerby. The food was nice enough but average and so was the service. When we left no mention was made of needing a code for the exit barrier which we only discovered when we tried to drive out. We then had to reverse all the way back into the car park and go into reception and ask how to make the barrier lift. As we left the hotel passing reception it would have been very helpful for a member of staff to have pointed out that we needed an exit code. Given this experience. I would not want to stay the night at this hotel.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Trishaws

Please accept my apologies that the function you attended was a disappointment, I cannot work out what event this was as I am not aware of any ticketed events recently. Your points regarding the barrier code have been noted. Kind regards

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed in the Shakespeare Room in the main house. I cannot say enough about this room it is massive with a four poster bed. The fireplace was huge and so was the bathroom. I can honestly say if you are looking for a romantic break in a beautiful setting with a pool this is the place for you. The pool is beautiful and the outside gardens are stunning.

If you have children too you are also welcome but it is a very romantic manor house and setting. The breakfast was in a lovely room with friendly, smiling waitresses who could not do enough for you. The full english was tasty, with fruits, yoghurts, cereals and pastries you would struggle not to find something for yourself to eat.

It is literally 10 minutes from Stratford upon Avon where there are abundant shops, restaurants and coffee shops. You can stroll along the river or have a drink in lovely pubs. One word of advice if you are eating in Stratford I would book a restaurant before hand as it is very difficult to get in on a Friday or Saturday. We have eaten twice at the Opposition in Sheep Street. The food is fabulous, service perfect you will not be disappointed.

Back to the Manor House and you feel even if it is one night away you feel refreshed and ready to go back to the real world but o I do wish we had booked two nights.

Thank you Billesley Manor Hotel.

Room Tip: Treat yourselves and stay in the Manor House it is worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KFP_12

What a lovely review, thank you very much, this gives such a rounded impression of the area as well which has so much to offer. It sounds like I will be welcoming you back soon. Kind regards

Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife and I booked a nights stay at the Billesley Manor Hotel as part of my birthday. We specifically wanted a big manor house in spectacular setting, and close to Stratford Upon Avon, and what we got was exactly that. The property itself is stunning, and we were lucky enough to be allocated a room in the main house, which other than being a bit of a rabbit warren, did not disappoint. The room was very clean, staff could not have been more helpful, and the grounds were simply amazing. As part of our stay, my wife had booked me a massage, which was also very good, however whilst we were planning to spend the afternoon lying next to the pool in the spa area, we were unfortunately left disappointed by this aspect of the hotel. If you are looking to have a spa break, I would suggest that this is probebly not the place to go. It felt more like public swimming baths, the changing area was grubby to say the least, the pool area not particuarly attractive, and the pool and lounging area cold and unwelcoming. We were very disappointed and spent no longer than 20 minutes at the pool and did not even get in, as all the other guests had looks of sheer horror as they entered the pool. Other than the spa area, the hotel was very reasonably priced, and did not disappoint. The location was ideal for getting inti Stratford - £10 by taxi. The breakfast was also very good.

I would definately recommend this hotel, but suggest if you are looking for a spa/hotel experience, you may be better off somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for your review, I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay. I can confirm that the leisure club is recieving a make over in the changing rooms in December and that the cool air problem has been rectified. Kind regards.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Had a fantastic stay! We ended up going for an upgrade to the Bridal Suite and it was well worth it. The fireplace and decor was amazing and the whole room was atmospheric. But beware, if you love a modern feel with no tradition, this room wouldn't have been for you. This place oozes history - from the secret cupboard and hiding place in our room, to the hidden passageways.
We had amazing service from a lady named Hazel and overall, everyone was very polite, friendly and very helpful.
Spa facilities were good (would have loved a jacuzzi to top it off, but won't be too picky) and the bar area ticked the boxes.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay in the historic part of Billesley Manor. We do have a good mix of modern and contemporary too but alas no plans for a jacuzzi. Hope to welcome you back soon.