Hotel is located in the heart of Stratford-Upon-Avon making it a great location for exploring both Stratfod and the surrounding countryside.
The hotel is one that has been taken over by Mercure and is quite old, which in many ways adds to the charm. Only downside is small rooms.
The breakfast is quite wonderful, even though it is 10pounds per person extra. We sampled others in the area and decided this was better than offered elsewhere.
Room cost was quite reasonable. Parking is 10pounds per day extra. There are parking lots elsewhere for less. The hotel parking lot was overflowing on weekends.
Staff was very pleasant. Dining room meals were unremarkable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star Tudor hotel with 74 ensuite rooms located in the centre of Shakespeare's Stratford. Ideal for exploring local villages, the Cotswolds, shops and theatres of Stratford. 19 miles from Birmingham International Airport, 1 mile from Stratford upon Avonstation, 10 miles from Warwick Parkway station. Easily accessible via the M40. David Garrick Restaurant, Othello's Bar Brassiere, Quill Bar and Lounge, 6 conference rooms with natural light for up to 100 delegates. Limited parking at GBP10.00 per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mercure Stratford-Upon-Avon Shakespeare Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Stratford-Upon-Avon Shakespeare Hotel England
- Accor Stratford Upon Avon
- Shakespeare Hotel Stratford