We have recently visited Stratford for a performance at the RSC and spent one night at the Mercure Shakespeare. I found a web offer via Superbreaks for bed and breakfast at a very good rate of £70 for a standard double. The hotel reception areas were warm and welcoming on a chilly January afternoon, with huge log fires in the enormous Tudor fireplaces. The bedroom and bathroom were well up to standard and the breakfast really good, with efficient waiter service for the cooked dishes (including proper porage) as well as a generous cold buffet spread. A very good experience all round.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star Tudor hotel with 74 ensuite rooms located in the centre of Shakespeare's Stratford. Ideal for exploring local villages, the Cotswolds, shops and theatres of Stratford. 19 miles from Birmingham International Airport, 1 mile from Stratford upon Avonstation, 10 miles from Warwick Parkway station. Easily accessible via the M40. David Garrick Restaurant, Othello's Bar Brassiere, Quill Bar and Lounge, 6 conference rooms with natural light for up to 100 delegates. Limited parking at GBP10.00 per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, ACCOR, Booking.com, Cancelon, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Stratford-Upon-Avon Shakespeare Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Stratford-Upon-Avon Shakespeare Hotel England
- Accor Stratford Upon Avon
- Shakespeare Hotel Stratford