“Basic good value - good location but no parking on-site”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon Central Hotel
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Hotel had just opened that week. Stayed one night en-route from Cornwall to York. Good location in centre of Stratford handy for shops, tourist attractions and restaurants. Pristine clean and new - small rooms with very basic amenities, no closet and only hooks on the wall for clothing. First time in a Premier Inn and it represents good basic value for a one nighter. BUT, this one has no parking on-site and only two very small, limited time spots across a very busy road for check-in. If you have a lot of luggage like we did - it sucked! You then have to drive around the block to park in a public lot approx. 5 min walk away. If you are Nth American and are travelling by car, I would not recommend staying here - you'll find it frustrating! Buffet breakfast was good value with eggs cooked to order. We were approached to do a marketing survey at breakfast by an external company they had hired. We took the survey and were surpised when the personable guy gave us an envelope with 20 pounds cash in it for our trouble.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FreakinFast
stratforduponavon, General Manager at Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

Many thanks for your feedback

I really do value your feedback and will strive to ensure that any comments can be rectified.

I understand that the parking can be at times difficult if you do not know the area, however, we do have 3 drop off bays opposite the hotel in the Red Lion Table Table car park, we have also had 2 pedestrians crossing installed, to ensure the safety of all out guests whilst crossing the road.
My team and I are always at hand to help with any car park queries, and we do have a map / guide with all car park prices available at Reception.

I really do hope that we can expect to see you again at this or any other Premier Inn in the not too near future

Reviewed August 1, 2011

This hotel has a surperb location for all facilities in Stratford.
The hotel is like a maize and many rooms look over small courtyards and other rooms so try and geta room overlooking a street.
Breakfast was good, didn't use resturant in the evening as there are so many places to eat in Stratford.
Parking was about 100yds away for £4 a day but worth it for the location.
A recently modernised hotel with reception on 1st floor but amble lifts available.
Nice hotel with very friendly and helpful staff.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your great feedback.

It really does make my team and I really pleased when we receive such fantastic feedback.

We really do hope to see you again soon

Reviewed July 23, 2011

I cannot praise the staff at this hotel highly enough. From the minute we arrived they were friendly, helpful and efficient. One of our group had mobility problems and they provided/offered extra assistance throughout our stay. All members of staff were wonderful and our group agreed that they outclassed many at supposedly better class hotels.
The hotel is spotlessly clean has a lovely bar/lounge area where the drinks and meals were served well. Our room was also clean and of a good size for a budget hotel. We didn't have a view but no complaints about that. The hotel is very central and so most of Stratford is within walking distance.
Parking is an issue but one that the staff handle very well. We received a very thorough email a couple of days before arrival explaining where the car parks were, what the charges were etc. OK it's frustrating that the hotel does not have its own car park but they have done as much as they can to deal with this inconvenience.
Well done to all the staff - they deserve praise for the wonderful way they work for Premier Inn.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank kaybee210

Many thanks for your kind comments regarding your stay with us.
Your comments really have made us all smile from working so hard to ensure that all our guests have a great stay with us.
We really do hope to see you again soon

Reviewed July 16, 2011

The accommodations were great and the staff were fantastic. The Inn is within handy walking distance for the RSC theaters and for the town itself.

To echo other reviewers, the only problems I found were the lack on on-site parking (although the staff is very helpful in directing you to the most economical options) and having to drag my luggage up and down stairs.

I didn't have any meals so I can't comment on those.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank pjball
stratforduponavon, General Manager at Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2011

I have shared your comments with my team who are delighted with your great comments

Reviewed July 16, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights at the end of a 2 week holiday. Huge room and excellent staff. They made an extra effort for 2 stressed parents with lots of bags and grumpy kids! Walking distance to all the attractions and a short jaunt to warwick castle. Would definetly cone back

• Stayed: July 2011

And I'm really pleased to hear that my team made an extra effort to ensure everything went smooth whilst you were checking into the hotel.

The hotel is situated in a fantastic location, and just makes its so convenient whilst visiting what Stratford upon Avon has to offer

We look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed July 12, 2011

Everything was excellent - the rooms were fresh, comfortable and clean, the staff friendly, helpful and enthusiastic.
If Premier Inn can maintain these standards, they are on to a winner!
The only downside was there is no hotel parking, so can add quite a bit more to the cost of your stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for your great feedback.

My team and I are delighted with your comments, we do really hope we will be seeing you again.

Regarding the car park, we have been working with the local car parks totry and get the best value rates possible for our guests, I do hope that my team shared all this information with you.

Once again thanks for your feedback

Reviewed July 4, 2011

My daughters and I stayed here 2nd July for one night as taking part in Race for Life on the 3rd! Where do I start? Location perfect walking distance of train station,right by river,central to everything.

Staff..Well one word FANTASTIC they were the nicest friendliest caring staff I have ever encountered in a Premier inn and we stay at a lot. Esp Caroline, Will and Trainee - he will know who he is!!!! this will be the reason we go back.

Rooms new and spacious and fun trying to find it..no its not that bad however I agree if mobility a problem or have buggies etc not ideal.

I cannot praise this hotel highly enough everything was perfect thank you.

Lastly we have even managed to inspire some of the staff to do Race for Life next year does not get better than that.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

WOW!
Thank you so much for your kind comments.
My team are delighted, and I'm very proud to read your comments.
We have now been open for just over 4 months, and from reading your great comments, all the hard work that we have all put in makes it so worth while!

Thanks again