Macdonald Swan's Nest Hotel
The White Swan Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
$134
  • Breakfast included
$81
$76
  • Pool
$84
  • Restaurant
Billesley Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
$178
$117
The Arden Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
$156
$119
The Stratford, A QHotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
$110
  • Restaurant
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe(Stratford-upon-Avon)
$125
$121
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Grosvenor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
$87
$68
Priceline
1,864 results
All reviewsthe riverbistrot pierresister hotel across the roadcar parkexcellent locationtown centrecomfortable hotelrsc theatreleisure facilitiesfresh milkexecutive roomenjoyable stayweekend breakbreakfast was excellentevening mealone night stayfull english
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We have just returned from a two night stay at the Swans nest, upon arrival we checked in easily, the only criticism I would have is about the gentlemen who checked us in was he asked me for a credit card to charge me for an amount of money which i was confused about as it was not the amount of the stay we had booked. After questioning this he told me it was the charge for the stay plus an amount per night for anything else charged to the room. This was not explained to me at all only me questioning this led to his explanation.

Our room was nice, if a little dated, unfortunately the room and in particular the bathroom was dirty upon our arrival. But after telling reception this was soon rectified. As our room was on the first floor above the reception area it was very noisy and we had trouble sleeping.

As far as the location goes it couldn't be any better, just a short walk over the bridge takes you into Stratford and there is plenty of lovely places to eat and a great selection of shops.

We visited the spa at the adjacent Alveston manor, which was lovely well worth a visit if your looking for a bit of relaxation.

Breakfast in the hotel was ok, on the first day I was told the two things I wanted they didn't have. The buffet is also a little lacklustre.

Overall a nice stay, could do with some improvements in a few areas though.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Claire P, Manager at Macdonald Swan's Nest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments; it is only through continuous feedback from our customers that we are able to objectively review the facilities and service we offer, and ensure that they meet with guest expectations.

Clearly, you were disappointed with aspects of your stay with us, and I would like to offer my sincere apologies for any shortfalls in our standards and service. I will be discussing all of your comments with those concerned so that the appropriate action may be taken.

I was pleased to note that there were also a number of positive points to your stay and I thank you very much for your kind comments. We do try to ensure that our guests have a relaxed and memorable stay, and it is always good to receive positive feedback.
Claire Pizer - Operations Manager

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stayed on New Years Eve, room OK a bit on the small side for £140+ room. Breakfast took a little time to arrive and was only luke warm. Reception staff very good and a nice bar attached to hotel with plenty of choice for real ale fans. Location is good but then again nowhere is far away in Strafford. Some nice pubs in town and had an excellent meal at Marlowes.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your constructive feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and as you say, we are in the perfect location for strolling into Stratford. It is always our intention for guests to enjoy a positive dining experience whilst eating in the restaurant and I am sorry if this was not always the case. I shall be working closely with the manager of le bistrot pierre looking at ways in which to imporve standards of service and quality of food served at breakfast and thank you for your comments in order that we can make improvements in this area. Claire Pizer - Operations Manager

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Me and my boyfriend decided to stay at this hotel for one night over NYE. We had paid £135 for just the one night so were expecting it to be nice. When we arrived by car we were very pleased to see that the hotel is located right on the river, well within walking distance of everything. However, that's pretty much the only good point this hotel has. As the hotel allows shoppers to use their car parking facilities we were left trying to squeeze our car into the only (tiny) space left. The hotel looks nice from the outside but it was clear that the inside had not been decorated, or even freshened up it seemed, for quite a while. It somewhat resembles an old hostel inside, very grey and drab.
The reception staff were quite friendly but straight away we had to pay £5 for parking, which seemed a bit steep considering the price we had already paid for the room. Our room was on the ground floor, just around the corner from the reception area, which later would prove to be another nightmare.
Due to suspected food poisoning (NOT FROM THE HOTEL!!!), we ended up staying in the hotel room all night. With out NYE plans already ruined we decided to order room service and try and relax. This was impossible as our 'room service' button on our phone was broken and the reception was not answering their phone, leading to my partner having to leave the room to get what we wanted himself. Also, the noise around the hotel was ridiculous! With it being NYE I expected that there would be some noise, what I didn't expect was screaming children running up and down the corridors and a phantom knocking sound at 5 in the morning which neither of us could figure out where from!!
All in all despite the brilliant location of this hotel, it's just not worth the money and we won't be staying there again. We expected this hotel to be a bit more classier but we may as well have stayed in a travellodge or an Etapp!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RaeDaniel

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments; it is only through continuous feedback from our customers that we are able to objectively review the facilities and service we offer, and ensure that they meet with guest expectations.

Clearly, you were disappointed with aspects of your stay with us, and I would like to offer my sincere apologies for any shortfalls in our standards and service. I will be discussing all of your comments with those concerned so that the appropriate action may be taken, however, I do assure you that the issues you highlight do not reflect our usual high standards.

I am pleased to advise that since the New Year, we have commenced an extensive refurbishment program freshening up the rooms and public areas. We hope that you will visit us again to see teh improvements that have been made.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

We stayed at The Swan's Nest on 14/12/13 (our 3rd time) for our annual visit to the RSC. we paid £126/couple for bed and breakfast and, while the accommodation was its normal functional self (nothing special, but not bad), our breakfast experience (in the Bistrot Pierre) was pretty dire! We got to our table at 9:15 and, having had some cereal from the buffet bar, we ordered 4 cooked breakfasts at 9:30. At 9:50 we enquired when our food would arrive; the waiter scurried away, and returned to tell us it would be with us "in exactly 60 seconds". 10 minutes later the meals arrived, and to our dismay, 3 of them were pretty near cold (the congealed state of the baked beans should have given us a clue!). Not sure where they had been hiding for the previous half hour, but they had obviously been plated up well before they were served. We complained on checkout, and were told that this would be passed onto the restaurant management (along with many others I would think!). So, be warned, if you want a hot breakfast, keep your eye on the clock (or get there early!)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank PGM01

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I shall be working closely with the manager of Le Bistrot Pierre, looking at ways in which to improve standards at breakfast in terms of quality and service standards. It is always our intention for hotel guests to enjoy a positive dining experience whilst eating in the restaurant and I am sorry that this was not always the case during your stay. However, I would like to thank you for bringing this matter to my attention in order that we can make improvements in this area as a priority.
Claire Pizer - Operations Manager

Reviewed November 19, 2013

we are a family of four people who booked to stay at this hotel for one night.on arriving at the hotel we could not find a car park space despite being assured on the phone 24 hrs earlier that there was parking.The staff member greeted us with hello name please i need your card before he even said hello.We found the rooms small and the bathrooms too small even for a bath [ just a shower, not mentioned at time of booking], with only ONE BATH TOWEL AND ONE HAND TOWEL BETWEEN 2 PEOPLE !!!!. breakfast was a disgrace, no food on the buffet at all , we gave up after 25 mins of waiting for our coffee and still no food on the buffet table,when we complained we were told staff had not turned up but no aplogy.we asked for the breakfast to be taken off the bill and left.not mcdonalds usual standard and very upsetting as the trip was to visit the RSC for my daighters birthday.at no point did ant staff member seem concerned or apologise. really poor to be treated like this.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family